• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
578666_10152047998945341_1814424975_n.jpg

319480_10152047806280341_746406452_n.jpg

391221_426282000743753_439220144_n.jpg

420124_144983832306707_133180496_n.jpg

Dwight's so damn happy haha.

Dear God even Hollinger Salty as Fuck. From His insider article.

John McEnroe-like wonder fills me at the reported Dwight Howard trade to the Lakers. You cannot be serious! I keep hoping in vain for David Stern to intervene and void the trade for basketball reasons. Or any other reason.

This deal makes a mockery of the new collective bargaining agreement’s alleged fairness to small markets; Orlando is selling one of the best players in the NBA for pennies on the dollar, while the rich only get richer. (But the tax-paying Lakers can’t sign-and-trade Matt Barnes — that’ll show ’em!)

Mark my words: When we have our next lockout in 2016, this trade will be one of the flash points. The Lakers have a $99 million payroll, and will go over the century mark if and when Devin Ebanks and Barnes re-sign. For the small-market owners, all they can do is count the luxury tax dollars from L.A. and golf clap over their 53-win glass ceiling. That’s better than losing money, but they’re still hermetically sealed off from a taste of the championship unless they’re either incredibly lucky or incredibly brilliant. (Schedule alert: The Lakers don’t visit the House That Dwight Built And Promptly Vacated until March 12.)

This is going to be so funny next summer when Howard spurns the Lakers to sign with the Hawks.

Holy hell, it’s good to be the Lakers. After somehow parlaying a pile of backyard trash into Steve Nash, they now have converted the very good Andrew Bynum into the absolutely dominant Dwight Howard. As reported, they somehow didn’t have to give up Gasol or even take back any bad contracts. But I’m sure they’re crying a river over the 2017 first-round pick they had to give up. You’ll excuse the Spurs and Thunder for feeling like they’re playing a game that’s rigged against them.

Yes but Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili are not.

Fuck the notion of rooting against my country for the Olympics.

I'm not a LeBron fan by any stretch of the imagination but you can bet that for the last two weeks, I've been rooting for him and all of Team USA.

I give two fucks about Pau in this tournament.

I'm American first.

When the NBA season starts up, I'm back to rooting for him again.

I wouldn't root for my country if it was made up of a bunch of selfish assfucks either.

I know, right?

So selfish, they haven't lost a game in 8 years so far!

This team is so selfish, one of its players logged the first EVER triple double in Olympic history the other night.

So selfish!

You are SALTY AS FUCK.

Cipherr

I'm sorry, which alpha are you talking about? Because there are like 10 of them.

USA basketball and the Los Angeles Lakers have a lot in common. Their fans like to say the teams accomplish something meaningful when they win, but neither team has done anything of significance since their inception. They exist to ruin competition, and to add intrigue every decade or two when an Argentina or a San Antonio gives them a run for their money. But primarily they're an avenue for their whiny, overindulged owners and players to fill up their resume, so that they can feel important and satisfied among unknowing crowds when they retell their "triumphs"

Its FIBA and the NBA's respective club of villains, and where those who have no passion for the game, but are bestowed the natural gifts that allow them to excel at it, go when they want to put all the dials on "easy mode" and reap the benefits that a superstar basketball career entails.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Puddles

Banned
Man, if Vlade hadn't injured his back in 2005, and Odom and Kobe hadn't been injured half the season, and Rudy T hadn't quit halfway through, and the Lakers had scraped out their ceiling of 44 wins and the 8th seed, and we hadn't gotten the #10 pick, and if other GMs had realized that Bynum would turn out to be better than guys like Raymond Felton, Martell Webster, Charlie Villanueva, and Ike Diogu, none of this ever could have happened!

h3ro

This team is so selfish, one of its players logged the first EVER triple double in Olympic history the other night.

First triple double in US Olympic history. First Olympic triple double was done by Aleksandr Belov of the Soviet Union had the first one. He had 23 points, 14 rebounds and 10 assists in a game against Canada during the '76 games.

First triple double in US Olympic history. First Olympic triple double was done by Aleksandr Belov of the Soviet Union had the first one. He had 23 points, 14 rebounds and 10 assists in a game against Canada during the '76 games.

Touche.

However, according to Redux, those "selfish assfucks" are selfish and we shouldn't be proud of them at all.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Everybody was hype that Carmelo put up 37 on Nigeria then Patty Mills put up 39 2 days later :p

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fuck the notion of rooting against my country for the Olympics.

I'm not a LeBron fan by any stretch of the imagination but you can bet that for the last two weeks, I've been rooting for him and all of Team USA.

I give two fucks about Pau in this tournament.

I'm American first.

When the NBA season starts up, I'm back to rooting for him again.

Well said

jman2050

It actually ended up being a good thing that Lebron did what he did two years ago. Now instead of the Lakers skating to a bunch of BS championships they'll only have to settle to losing to Lebron for the next few years.

SamuraiX-

So I come home, open up the thread, and now I'm on an death defying adventure digging my way out of the Everest of salt mountains.

Hypertonicity all up in dis bitch

It actually ended up being a good thing that Lebron did what he did two years ago. Now instead of the Lakers skating to a bunch of BS championships they'll only have to settle to losing to Lebron for the next few years.

Awesome.

Let's say that happens.

How does that help the Magic?

Cunning my ass. Taking candy from babies who are missing a chromosome is more like it.

It's going to be fun to watch what the Lakers have but this "all according to keikaku" shit is ridiculous.

Cunning my ass. Taking candy from babies who are missing a chromosome is more like it.

It's going to be fun to watch what the Lakers h,ave but this "all according to keikaku" shit is ridiculous.

So Riley wasn't cunning and meticulous when he devised a plan to put your Heat team together?

He just relied on luck, eating his vitamins and saying his prayers?

It's going to be fun to watch what the Lakers h,ave but this "all according to keikaku" shit is ridiculous.

You made me look up keikaku. Why the fuck are you using anime words and basketball together? And all of this with a god damn Idris Elba AV.

My mind has never been this fucked before.

P.S First sentence made me laugh though.

I gladly root against my own country in the olympics. My basketball allegiance is to the Lakers. I wish Pau and Kobe would have just stayed home. I'd take a last place finish in the Olympics for the USA for the rest of my life for just one Lakers title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom