• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I gladly root against my own country in the olympics. My basketball allegiance is to the Lakers. I wish Pau and Kobe would have just stayed home. I'd take a last place finish in the Olympics for the USA for the rest of my life for just one Lakers title.

The fuck is this shit? You act like you are a Clippers fan. Lakers fans acting like shit is hard, are you kidding me?

Not even close to the same situation.

Yep, you're right. LeBron went to the Heat on a S&T.

Dwight went on a trade.

Riley planned for this shit and stayed mum as to not be brought up on charges of tampering.

Was Danny Ainge dealing with people 'missing a chromosome' in the summer of 2007?

All I'm saying is, you act as though the Lakers are the only team to ever benefit from something like this, ever.

Wow, Lakers fans have become truly insufferable. Lock the thread. Shut this shit down.

thekad can continue to laugh at us for not getting Chris Paul though if he likes. :)

The fuck is this shit? You act like you are a Clippers fan. Lakers fans acting like shit is hard, are you kidding me?

Where the fuck do you get from my post that I think "shit is hard"? I just have zero interest in international/olympic basketball. I don't give a shit how Team USA does. I'd rather Kobe and Pau stay home and rest their legs for the Lakers than waste them on their countries.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Man you guys already stole our best player (again). Just leave our damn irrelevant franchise alone for another 6 years or so.

Never thought I'd root for the Heat but in that hypothetical Heat vs Lakers matchup theres really no choice. I thought Heat fans were insufferable last season but I was wrong.

HAHAH @ KD saying he didn't care about the Trade but Mamba know what's up so Yea KD salty too.

Kevin Durant and others told him earlier that the Lakers wouldn't be able to get Howard without giving up Pau Gasol.

"I said, well, I think there's a way that could happen," he said. "And remember we got Pau for virtually nothing. So history does repeat itself."

Full Article : http://www.ocregister.com/sports/team-368204-bryant-howard.html

Oh and Dwight might be ready for start of season, Per Keving Ding of OC register

KEVIN DING
40 minutes ago

Lakers got permission to consult with Dwight Howard's back surgeon, Robert Watkins, this morning. Said Kupchak: "We feel very assured he’s going to be back. We’re hopeful he’s back for camp; we’re hopeful he’s back to start the season. But we know he’s going to be back and playing at a high level at some point in time.

Where the fuck do you get from my post that I think "shit is hard"? I just have zero interest in international/olympic basketball. I don't give a shit how Team USA does. I'd rather Kobe and Pau stay home and rest their legs for the Lakers than waste them on their countries.

That's great.

If Kobe had stayed home or not, I'm rooting for TEAM USA. This is our fucking sport and gotdammit, we will defend that shit.

That 1988 bullshit can NEVER happen again.

Sorry you don't care about the Olympics but I do.

Yep, you're right. LeBron went to the Heat on a S&T.

Dwight went on a trade.

Riley planned for this shit and stayed mum as to not be brought up on charges of tampering.

Was Danny Ainge dealing with people 'missing a chromosome' in the summer of 2007?

All I'm saying is, you act as though the Lakers are the only team to ever benefit from something like this, ever.

Orchestrating a S&T out of a free agency is different than a straight trade where a 30 year old GM passes up several other deals. Lakers planned on Nash divorcing and wanting to be near his kids? Was going after CP3 part of that plan? Point out the cunning in their orchestrations cause it looks like competence, luck, and reciprocal incompetence to me.

i agree with your sentiment.
i can give two fucks about basketball at the olympics.
i'd rather have kobe and pau rest as well.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I know it hurts man. I know. Here the Lakers have 4 stars and the Rockets are still waiting for their first since Yao (really since Hakeem).

Leave the Rockets alone.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lord knows that success has left the Rockets alone too.

Lord knows the ego of Lakers fans continues to grow and get even more disgusting.

Also don't lump Kad with the Rockets, he's our DM.

Orchestrating a S&T out of a free agency is different than a straight trade where a 30 year old GM passes up several other deals.

They waited too long. IMO, had the Magic FO made the trade earlier in free agency, they would have gotten a better deal.

Lakers planned on Nash divorcing and wanting to be near his kids?

No but guess what? The Laker FO had to pursue the deal. Nash said it himself, his agent got a call from Kupchak a few minutes after midnight, inquiring about him.

Was going after CP3 part of that plan?

Going after Paul was the original plan before Nash, obviously pairing him up with Kobe and Bynum or Dwight. Remember, there were rumblings of the Lakers wanting to pursue Dwight last summer.

Point out the cunning in their orchestrations cause it looks like competence, luck, and reciprocal incompetence to me.

Again, did Ainge take advantage of incompetence in 2007?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
So how 'bout them Lakers, fellas?

The only thing Mitch has left to do is to tell Mike Brown to spend more time with his family.

Come on home, Phil. The waters fine!
Seriously though.. Mike Brown needs to go. NAO

Lord knows the ego of Lakers fans continues to grow and get even more disgusting.

Also don't lump Kad with the Rockets, he's our DM.

Your hate only makes us stronger
vigo+ghostbusters+2.jpg

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless

Right now I rank the West: 1. OKC 2. San Antonio 3. Lakers. I still prefer Bynum to DHoward. So much more off skill, 4th q FT shooting.

Just my read: Kobe didn't seem THAT excited by getting DHoward for Bynum. I think HE thanks Bynum will be a little better next couple yrs.

oh, and

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless

Tebow did some good things, ended badly w/ INT. BUT: Jets already misusing him - 20 of 22 plays under center. NO! Must be shotgun spread.

Omega

Banned
I gladly root against my own country in the olympics. My basketball allegiance is to the Lakers. I wish Pau and Kobe would have just stayed home. I'd take a last place finish in the Olympics for the USA for the rest of my life for just one Lakers title.

i agree with your sentiment.
i can give two fucks about basketball at the olympics.
i'd rather have kobe and pau rest as well.

Make that three. I haven't watched one game so far and I don't feel as though I have missed much. Really REALLY wish Kobe/Paul would have stayed home and rested.

Lord knows that success has left the Rockets alone too.

uh..wtf do you guys think players do in the off-season? hibernate?

most of them play pick up games various places. Some in the Drew League, Rucker Park, etc.

Just to put things in perspective, players like Harden and Durant were at Rucker Park last year playing in the offseason. A week or two ago people got killed there during a shooting. They aren't the only NBA players to go there during the offseason as Kobe has gone a few times himself.

uh..wtf do you guys think players do in the off-season? hibernate?

most of them play pick up games various places. Some in the Drew League, Rucker Park, etc.

Just to put things in perspective, players like Harden and Durant were at Rucker Park last year playing in the offseason. A week or two ago people got killed there during a shooting. They aren't the only NBA players to go there during the offseason as Kobe has gone a few times himself.

Harden and Durant don't have 16 seasons worth of miles on their knees. I'd rather Kobe chill at home to rest his body.

Are we really penciling LeBron for several more titles when Wade's body is falling apart? There are a few really good teams in the NBA, no one is a lock to win several in a row.

Omega

Banned
Harden and Durant don't have 16 seasons worth of miles on their knees. I'd rather Kobe chill at home to rest his body.

Kobe doesn't chill at home during the summer though.

That's his point.

He's spent last year in China, Philippines and the Drew league, all summer, playing games and adding mileage.

he gets it

Kobe himself even said if he wasn't at the Olympics this year he would be playing pickup games. It was in his argument when he said the under 23 rule is stupid...

he even gave a scenario. "what if I'm playing some bum who feels he needs to prove something and he injures me"

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Naw we were hyped that they dropped 156 points on Nigeria, the most ever.

Did Patty Mills' team do that too?

nah

he just carried Australia to 2 wins by himself

I really want Team USA to face some pressure. You have 9 legit all-nba guys on the team but I really want to see who takes the shot down 2 with 5 seconds on the clock. Kobe has been playing awful. LeBron ain't clutch. Melo is probably on the bench. The other team deserve to lose if they aren't doubling KD. Just an interesting senario that we won't see play out. Lithuania was the closest to actually making that happen.

he gets it

Kobe himself even said if he wasn't at the Olympics this year he would be playing pickup games. It was in his argument when he said the under 23 rule is stupid...

he even gave a scenario. "what if I'm playing some bum who feels he needs to prove something and he injures me"

You really think Kobe is going to your local YMCA or Rucker Park to play pick up games at his age?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Are we really penciling LeBron for several more titles when Wade's body is falling apart? There are a few really good teams in the NBA, no one is a lock to win several in a row.

Thats what I'm saying Miami has a window and the Lakers have a window and who knows when it will close. Playing at a high level doesn't mean you can automatically repeat. Look at the celtics as a an example of that.

Omega

Banned
nah

I really want Team USA to face some pressure. You have 9 legit all-nba guys on the team but I really want to see who takes the shot down 2 with 5 seconds on the clock. Kobe has been playing awful. LeBron ain't clutch. Melo is probably on the bench. The other team deserve to lose if they aren't doubling KD. Just an interesting senario that we won't see play out. Lithuania was the closest to actually making that happen.

You really think Kobe is going to your local YMCA or Rucker Park to play pick up games at his age?

why wouldn't he?

he's a basketball player. they play basketball...

when the man himself admits he plays pickup games during the offseason I don't see why you question it.

nah

I really want Team USA to face some pressure. You have 9 legit all-nba guys on the team but I really want to see who takes the shot down 2 with 5 seconds on the clock. Kobe has been playing awful. LeBron ain't clutch. Melo is probably on the bench. The other team deserve to lose if they aren't doubling KD. Just an interesting scenario that we won't see play out. Lithuania was the closest to actually making that happen.

The way that 2012 TEAM USA is slang-a-langing the 3 ball, I think it's gonna be tough seeing how this will happen. We only need one or two guys to get semi hot...ffs, Melo is that guy on some nights!

It'll depending on how well Tyson,Love and lol AD can do guarding BEST and WORST Gasol on the box.

The Spaniard guards are garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom