• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gonna tell right now what Team USA could have done the whole tourney if they seriously feared any of the comp or wanted to really embarrass them. Team US could have have ran full court press or traps and then run 2-3, 3-2 or 1-3-1, including the match up versions of each of the zones, and would have smashed some teams even worse.

And yet if Lebron didn't wake up in the end of the 4th, Lithuania beats the USA.

You're underselling the other teams. Sure, Tunisia and some others they took lightly. But Argentina would have won today if Love or Chandler didn't play, most likely. The lack of size hurts USA big time because these bigs have skill.

Pau and Marc are legit all-star players, not random euros.

I just saw the strangest anti-Evilore post in a thread where it had nothing to do with the topic.

Not sure what it was all about or why it was posted in the first place.

I guess some people have nothing better to do with their time than be childish haters.

I guess the poster got immediately banned?

It was really weird...

I gonna tell right now what Team USA could have done the whole tourney if they seriously feared any of the comp or wanted to really embarrass them. Team US could have have ran full court press or traps and then run 2-3, 3-2 or 1-3-1, including the match up versions of each of the zones, and would have smashed some teams even worse.

And yet if Lebron didn't wake up in the end of the 4th, Lithuania beats the USA.

You're underselling the other teams. Sure, Tunisia and some others they took lightly. But Argentina would have won today if Love or Chandler didn't play, most likely. The lack of size hurts USA big time because these bigs have skill.

Pau and Marc are legit all-star players, not random euros.

The M.O.B

I just saw the strangest anti-Evilore post in a thread where it had nothing to do with the topic.

I guess some people have nothing better to do with their time than be childish haters.

It was really weird...

It was from Opa-Ages, its a ripoff forum full of scum who got perma-banned from Neogaf.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Doesn't really matter because the Talent gap is huge between the US and other teams.

sure it matters.. Spain has the talent in the frontline to bang the US into playing like Westbrook

charsace

sure it matters.. Spain has the talent in the frontline to bang the US into playing like Westbrook

Not enough for Spain to win. The US could press them and play zones that force Spain's guards to make plays. And I doubt they would make them. Its two NBA all star level players with a starter level big off the bench, some bench player level NBA guys and guys that wouldn't make in the league going up against a team of all star and franchise level players.

smurfx

get some go again
man mitch has really turned things around. i remember wanting him fired when he signed devean george and luke walton to those contracts.

Blackace

Not enough for Spain to win. The US could press them and play zones that force Spain's guards to make plays. And I doubt they would make them. Its two NBA all star level players with a starter level big off the bench, some bench player level NBA guys and guys that wouldn't make in the league going up against a team of all star and franchise level players.

I think the US will manhandle them but not with Melo/Bron playing center..

plain and simple the US is more talented and should have no problems, but I see ways Spain could win and playing that small/soft is one of them

Playing Bron and Melo at the 4/5 is not a smart decision. It has proven not to work. I guess US could still win with that lineup but the margin of victory will be much smaller if they could still pull it out.

Its a fun lineup, it's a cute coach decision, but it's not smart.

Offensively, Calderon is a good point guard. His issues are on defense, but I think he'd manage the press fine.

Chemistry is big, too. Watching the USA play at times is a bit discouraging because they don't play like a team much. Their talent is just too much. I think Spain is less talented, obviously, but if you spot the Gasol brothers by defending them with Melo and/or Durant, I think they can win if the US is cold from 3, which does happen.

I mean, there's a reason why the Lebron/Melo at the 5 lineup has been outscored every game. It's just too much of a defensive mismatch. It also eliminated Bron's defensive strength, which is on the perimeter.

Fjordson

Coach K just needs to play The Brow for the full 40. USA cruises to victory.

It was really weird...
What was the thread??

snack

RgCml.png

Who's son is this? lolol

Fjordson

Ah damn, looks like they cleared out the really bad posts in his travel thread.

What an odd topic to get banned in. Not at all controversial, not really getting your money's worth from a ban in there :lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...imers-jim-buss-20120811,0,5952293,full.column
It's about 9:30 Friday morning, the Lakers talking to the NBA office and finalizing the deal for Howard when Buss' phone rings.

It's his father, Jerry.

"He wanted to know the terms of the deal, the teams we were dealing with and who was going where," Jim says. "And I'm saying, 'Dad, you just got out of surgery 14 hours ago; what are you talking about? I can't even believe you're on the phone.'

"I was with him [Thursday] night and he was basically incoherent and he was going to be like that for two or three days. But now the nurse has him on the speaker phone, and while I'm thinking he's fallen off and gone to sleep again, he suddenly wants to know the money situation and who gets what and who gives what. Are you kidding me?

"So I tell him, and then I get an, 'Incredible job, Jim,' from him, and let me tell you, that erases all the insults and anything else anyone has to say. To help make him comfortable and happy, that's what I work for."

"There aren't many players we would trade Bynum for, but Dwight…" says Buss, and right now he's sounding as giddy as most Laker fans. "I'm seeing Dwight at the press conference, but I'm still not believing what I see."

Nelo Ice

Banned
so basically jim buss takes all the credit.

As down as everyone has been on Jim Buss, he has now turned the trade exception in letting Lamar Odom go to Dallas into Nash, Andrew Bynum into Howard and Derek Fisher into Jordan Hill.

"The team has done all that," Buss says, by way of correction, but given Nash's and Howard's back injuries, Howard not even running yet and refusing to say when he will be ready, and the age on Nash and Kobe, might the championship euphoria be premature?

You have to admit he helped make it happen.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
You know what.. I'm gonna have to take my foot out of Jim's ass for the first time in a long time. Dude has been mostly competent since the start of his reign honestly.

I know he's had his fuck ups *cough* Mike Brown *cough* but so has Mitch da God *cough* Luke Walton contract *cough*

So, yeah, consider me officially off the "Fuck Jim Buss" bandwagon. I'm not a cheerleader of his either though.. he will never be his dad, but I will be a lot more willing to cut him slack.

You know what.. I'm gonna have to take my foot out of Jim's ass for the first time in a long time. Dude has been mostly competent since the start of his reign honestly.

I know he's had his fuck ups *cough* Mike Brown *cough* but so has Mitch da God *cough* Luke Walton contract *cough*

So, yeah, consider me officially off the "Fuck Jim Buss" bandwagon. I'm not a cheerleader of his either though.. he will never be his dad, but I will be a lot more willing to cut him slack.

The funniest shit is how we have packaged nonsense like McRoberts, Eyenga, Kapono, and Walton into these trades.

That is the shit of legend imo.

Nelo Ice

Banned
The funniest shit is how we have packaged nonsense like McRoberts, Eyenga, Kapono, and Walton into these trades.

That is the shit of legend imo.

Seriously it's like dangerous giving Mitch anything to work with. Even throwaways in trades end up being ludicrously valuable.

Also collection of Dwight pics from the press conference. Again still marking the fuck out that he's wearing a Laker jersey and it's not a photoshop.
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/S...itorial&p=dwight+howard&assetType=image&ep=2#

Also for anyone who missed Metta talking about Dwight on espn 710.
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=8257829

legend doesn't do it justice.

there needs to be a new word

Think about this:

We send away Walton and Kapono to get Razor Ramon (and Eyenga...snicker) on a tryout.

We get rid of those guys and let Ramon walk, thereby clearing the salary of three dudes with one trade.

I like how Buss wasn't gonna chance Razor turning into Smush 2.0 and went after Nash with the quickness when he opted out.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Not gonna lie.. I'm kinda freaking out over how much skinnier Dwight looks. He hasn't been lifting jack shit for what, 3 or 4 months, right? Fuck me.

If Dwight isn't in at least moderate form by mid/late December.. I might... well I don't want to use the word "panic" but I'm definitely going to be a bit perturbed.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Still feels like a photoshop.

Can't wait for this team to hit the floor. Hell, even if we start the season with Nash/Kobe/Metta/Hill/Pau I'm excited to see what Nash can do with these many weapons.

Yup still feels like a dream. Dwight is a Laker and there's not a damn thing anyone can do but watch.

qi2RK.png

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I still can't believe WE FUCKING KEPT PAU

I had already pretty much prepared my self for the inevitable departure. But nope, there goes Mitch again, sitting in his office, laughing at us, maniacally...

And yeah, even without Howard there is really no reason for the Lakers not to be at the top of the brackets in the West. None what so ever. If we can't stay firmly in the top 3 standings from the beginning of the season to the time Dwight returns then something is very, very wrong.
Mike Brown.

HenryHSH

Not gonna lie.. I'm kinda freaking out over how much skinnier Dwight looks. He hasn't been lifting jack shit for what, 3 or 4 months, right? Fuck me.

If Dwight isn't in at least moderate form by mid/late December.. I might... well I don't want to use the word "panic" but I'm definitely going to be a bit perturbed.

You should be happy the physical change isn't more dramatic. He's been out since April. Also, it shouldn't be too hard to get his strength back once he starts working out again and his game should be fine... The guy is in his prime.

Blackace

lol

Yeah you want to be mad heavy with a bad back... Just stop the drama please...

Blackace

Some of their players have never played a proper 2-3 3-2 or 1-3-1

Having coached you should know a zone ran improperly is one of the easiest defensive to score on

he did say at the conference that he hasn't lost any weight >_>

So what will the Lakers starting lineup be if Dwight doesn't make it for the start of the season?

Nash
Kobe
MWP
Jamison
Pau

or

Nash
Kobe
MWP
Pau
Hill

?

i love this poetry:

NY Times said:
In 1996, Shaquille O’Neal left Orlando for Los Angeles as a free agent to join a young Kobe Bryant. This time, it is Howard — O’Neal’s physical and spiritual heir — who will join an aging Bryant in hopes of extending the Laker dynasty.

its beautiful :p

i hope Bynum is happy now, he did say he'd play for anyone..

Also for anyone who missed Metta talking about Dwight on espn 710.
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=8257829

lol Metta, always good for the laughs.

Omiee

When is he expected to return from his injury. Read some more articles and it looks like lakers will have him for half a season only if he does not extend his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom