• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
fans with some class would try to be less obnoxious about being so fortunate

KobeLOL.gif

Yup. And misplaced. I don't know why people find that much personal pride in a team they root for. At best, they invested some very anecdotal money in them, nothing more.

LovingSteam dancing around like that should get him banned forever.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m13itmawCR1qizv3vo1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Following sports is a hobby. Let people have fun acting ridiculous. It shouldn't seem unreasonable that following something for years/decades leads to emotional investment.

thirty

Banned
Heard on the radio that Bynum has been growing an enormous afro. yes a full blown retro Dr. J style afro that he plans to sport for the new season. Philly is gonna love Bynum.

Heard on the radio that Bynum has been growing an enormous afro. yes a full blown retro Dr. J style afro that he plans to sport for the new season. Philly is gonna love Bynum.

Until he takes his first three point and laughs in Dough Collins grill when Doug tells him to stfu and sit down. Until after a loss they show Bynum grilling like he just won the lottery. Good riddance to that immature asshole.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Until he takes his first three point and laughs in Dough Collins grill when Doug tells him to stfu and sit down. Until after a loss they show Bynum grilling like he just won the lottery. Good riddance to that immature asshole.

This shit is so rich considering your team just traded for Dwight Howard.

charsace

Not as such, you can switch back and forth between cop missions (helping folks) and Triad missions (fucking shit up). Storyline is straight out of Infernal Affairs, but that's alright. I haven't had this much fun in a True Crime game since the last one when all I did was walk around arresting the white NPCs**

**kidding

or am I?

lol

Nelo Ice

Banned
http://www.hoopsworld.com/kupchak-on-howard-we-got-the-best/

“Our feeling was, no matter what anybody said, let’s just get him to Los Angeles and we’ll take our chances,” said Kupchak. “In fact, in all my years there’s only one player who left Los Angeles, and I’m still not sure why he did it, and that’s A.C. Green.”

“When it comes down to it, and I’ve always said it, everyone who owns a family-owned business, they want to make a profit so their business can survive and prosper. Dr. Buss and his family are very competitive,” said Kupchak. “When it comes to a couple dollars or $10 million dollars and putting up another banner, he can’t help himself. He’s chooses to go for the banner.”

edit:Read through the rest of the article and damn so good!

Here's a quote regarding negotiations.
Well while it certainly took a lot longer than most deals take. Obviously, this has been going on for quite some time. We actually had discussion prior to the trade deadline back in March. Nothing ever got to the point where we thought we had a deal. In fact, to credit Rob Hennigan the GM of Orlando Magic, it got to the point for me where it was quite frankly frustrating. What he was doing was his job, which was to sort out and seek out the best possible deal for the organization.

Babalu.

so awesome. going to steal my neighbors newspaper and rip that out. or call up my mom and tell her to save that for me.

btw, with lakers new time warner deal where they get their own channel, and it not being on FSW or kcal9 anymore, where do I as a directv suscriber go to watch lakers now?

Will directv be getting the channel too? people keep talking about the new channel but it being on timewarner which isn't in my area.

“Our feeling was, no matter what anybody said, let’s just get him to Los Angeles and we’ll take our chances,” said Kupchak. “In fact, in all my years there’s only one player who left Los Angeles, and I’m still not sure why he did it, and that’s A.C. Green

I remember vividly why that guy left. He wanted to try to win another ring after Showtime ended and he joined the Suns or whatever.

Funny how the only chip he won after Showtime was in 2000 when was back on the Los Angeles Lakers...

I remember vividly why that guy left. He wanted to try to win another ring after Showtime ended and he joined the Suns or whatever.

Funny how the only chip he won after Showtime was in 2000 when was back on the Los Angeles Lakers...

I bet it's because he got tired of his Lakers teammates sending women to him trying to break his temptation!

Heat fan.

Banners in arena.

lol

Lakers fan. Entitled. LOL!!!!!!!!

yeah so funny

They need to remove George Mikan from Los Angeles Lakers history. It'd be like hanging a Shawn Kemp banner in OKC.

They don't. The Minneapolis years are officially part of Lakers history. Removing Mikan and the accomplishments of he and his teammates would be disrespectful to them. It's not like the TWolves can hang up his jersey. The difference with OKC/Seattle is that everyone knows that as soon as Seattle gets a new team the Sonics history is going to revert back to them and OKC will be treated as an expansion team, like the Ravens/Browns in the NFL.

They don't. The Minneapolis years are officially part of Lakers history. Removing Mikan and the accomplishments of he and his teammates would be disrespectful to them. It's not like the TWolves can hang up his jersey. The difference with OKC/Seattle is that everyone knows that as soon as Seattle gets a new team the Sonics history is going to revert back to them and OKC will be treated as an expansion team, like the Ravens/Browns in the NFL.

Yeah I hadn't thought about it from that angle, that the Wolves is a completely different franchise. I'm pretty sure Minnesota still pays a homage to him in their arena somewhere though, at least.

I still can't believe WE FUCKING KEPT PAU

I had already pretty much prepared my self for the inevitable departure. But nope, there goes Mitch again, sitting in his office, laughing at us, maniacally...

And yeah, even without Howard there is really no reason for the Lakers not to be at the top of the brackets in the West. None what so ever. If we can't stay firmly in the top 3 standings from the beginning of the season to the time Dwight returns then something is very, very wrong.
Mike Brown.

Kobe's vote of confidence meant something. /wishful thinking.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Kobe's vote of confidence meant something. /wishful thinking.

From the hoopsworld article Mitch said Pau was never part of a deal this summer. Also here's Mike Brown's reaction to the news of keeping Pau and getting Dwight.
http://www.hoopsworld.com/kupchak-on-howard-we-got-the-best/

“He looked at me and asked ‘Who we’re getting?’”

“I said ‘Dwight.’”

“He said ‘Who is going out?’, and I said ‘Andrew’”

“He said ‘That’s all?’”

“I said, of course, “Josh, Christian, draft picks.’”

“He said ‘No Pau?’”

“I said ‘No Pau.’”

“And he jumped out of his chair and hugged me.”

Bread

Banned
even mike fucking brown knows the trade was a steal

i hate the thought of a dwight/pau frontcourt, so much bitchassness and such a perfect fit. fuck.

Hearing about how Mitch had been planting the idea of Nash coming over at the beginning of the season and just slowly nurturing the possibility makes me so happy we have a fantastic GM

Nelo Ice

Banned
Why was there no video camera going at the time?

lol, now I want to see video of everyones reaction to the news.

Hearing about how Mitch had been planting the idea of Nash coming over at the beginning of the season and just slowly nurturing the possibility makes me so happy we have a fantastic GM

Then after swiping Nash he worked Hennigan like a boss and got Dwight for the exact trade he was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom