• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

etiolate

Banned
Machado struggling on defense, but setting everyone up on offense.

Though its easy to look good when you're following up Fortson.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Apparently Batum signed an offer sheet Thursday, but it was rejected because the Wolves didn't have cap space.

Shit is amateur hour.

Brinbe

Ross can play and I'm happy bout that. Davis did okay but should have dominated more considering his experience. And Acy is gonna be that nice spark off the bench. Definitely as advertised.

Otherwise, the rest of these guys are shit. Wish we had a semi-decent PG like Machado out there setting our guys up. Ross, with his off-the-ball skills would definitely benefit from that.

Its a Friday in the middle of the summer and you all are watching summer league shameball?

I love basketball too but c'mon fellas

It's always nice in LA, you know this, it being summer means nothing. I can enjoy a nice day out any day, how often can I watch Sacre share the court with Johnson-Odom Morris and Glock?

snack

i

Emwitus

Man, I love the flow in odom's game. Seems to play under control and deceptive on the head fake. Goudelock clunking shots but atleast he aint afraid to take it .

EDIT: I was afraid goudelock hadn't worked on NOT putting his head down before driving to the hoop. Makes him very predictable.

Man, I love the flow in odom's game. Seems to play under control and deceptive on the head fake. Goudelock clunking shots but atleast he aint afraid to take it .

I sorta agree. He's a little too frantic frankly, but if he settles in and works on his jumper he could be a nice scoring punch off the bench. He has eh handles but he's so jerky that his defender over commits and get themselves in trouble. Morris' handles also look improved.

Nothing else nice to say at all.

Emwitus

I sorta agree. He's a little too frantic frankly, but if he settles in and works on his jumper he could be a nice scoring punch off the bench. He has eh handles but he's so jerky that his defender over commits and get themselves in trouble. Morris' handles also look improved.

Nothing else nice to say at all.

Hopefully he settles down a little bit in the second half. Morris made some pretty nice passes at the outset but seems to have lost confidence in the team after all those bricks.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rockets using the Dream, yea Dwight can handle that pressure lol

"Step 1 would be Houston acquiring Dwight Howard. Then it would be Hakeem Olajuwon's turn.

"I'm Step 2," the Hall of Fame center said Friday.

Olajuwon said he has been asked by the Rockets to talk to Howard about signing to remain long-term with Houston if a deal goes through to get the star center from Orlando. Olajuwon, who starred for the Rockets from 1984-2001 and led them to titles in 1994 and 1995, said he has accepted the possibility of speaking to Howard, whom he knows well and brought in for a workout last summer at his ranch outside Houston.

In a phone interview with FOX Sports Florida from Amman, Jordan, where he lives half the year, Olajuwon said the request came from up high in the Rockets organization. He said it was relayed last week from Rockets athletic trainer Keith Jones to his personal assistant in Texas, who contacted Olajuwon in Jordan.

"The Rockets asked me to reach out, and I'll talk to him (if the deal goes through)," Olajuwon said of Howard, who can become a free agent next summer and could arrive in Houston with no guarantee he will stay past 2012-13. "I'd like the talk to be more like real, and I'll let him make his decisions after that."

Olajuwon said the Rockets are doing whatever they can to land the seven-year veteran and believes the chances are "really high" of it happening. Houston on Friday waived rugged forward Luis Scola under the NBA's amnesty rule in order to clear cap room to possibly take back salaries the Magic want to dump in a possible Howard deal.

"Not too many teams are willing to take the chance," Olajuwon said of teams wary of trading for Howard with no guarantee he will re-sign. "Les (Alexander, Houston's owner) is not afraid to make a big step like that… (Such a trade would be) very risky if you don't get a firm commitment (from Howard about staying)."

Olajuwon, who hopes the Rockets acquire Howard, said if that happens his mission would be to help make the center "comfortable to extend" a deal with the Rockets. Olajuwon, who returns to Texas in early August, said he would want to speak with Howard soon after a possible acquisition but acknowledged the strong chance he would want to take a whole season with Houston before making any decisions on his future.

"For the Rockets, of course I could encourage him, but ultimately he has to do what's best for his career," Olajuwon said. "Of course, Houston is a great city. A lot of players settle in Houston. Wherever he goes, he's going to be a franchise player for that team. Does he want to try to win a championship sooner (rather) than later? Then I'm sure he's (thinking of) teaming up with superstars to get to that level. I don't know, in that case, who he will team up with in Houston that can give him that (immediately)."

But Olajuwon is confident the Rockets would be able to build a solid supporting cast around Howard.

"Les Alexander is very bold, and he'll make a big splash," Olajuwon said. "I admire him for that."

With Howard's ability to become a free agent next summer, Olajuwon said it ultimately comes down to where Howard wants to play in 2013-14. Olajuwon said Howard told him at last summer's workout there was one team at the time for which he most wanted to play.

Olajuwon called that "confidential" and declined to say if that team is the Lakers, who are also in the mix to land Howard. But Olajuwon said Howard did not say the team was the Nets, who were considered the leading candidate to acquire Howard until they all but pulled out of the running earlier this week.

"I was surprised when he was dealing with the Nets because he didn't mention them to me," Olajuwon said.

If the Rockets get Howard and Olajuwon is called into action, he will bring up Houston's big-man tradition. In addition to Olajuwon, the team has had Hall of Famers Moses Malone, Elvin Hayes and Ralph Sampson, and Yao Ming eventually could be enshrined.

"Houston is known for big men," Olajuwon said. "So (Howard's) in the right company, no question about it."

Sounds like Olajuwon already is working on a speech to give Howard."

http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/07/...landing_magic.html?blockID=760450&feedID=3722

Emwitus

Unfortunately for Glock he needs to be the backup PG for the Lakers. He's a defensive liability at shooting guard.

Nash + Blake = no Glock minutes/Early exit

Fixed. Amnesty that clown.We desperately need a backup point gaurd. I prefer morris as the Backup SG and goudelock as a situational bench player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom