• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this team would so beat the '92 Dream Team. 80 points against Nene and Varajeo frontline just proves how much they'd dominate Robinson, Ewing, Malone, and Barkley.

i dont even want to imagine what barkley would do to this usa front court

image.php

SamuraiX-

Dion Waiters.

Nothing says ROTY/HOF/ELITE/CHAMPION caliber player quite like going 4-14 against a team of (literally) glorified D-Leaguers.

Austin Rivers has looked even worse tonight.

I give him credit for cooling it on the asshole 30-footers... for now.

And just as I say that he proceeds to get his shit stuffed in by the rim. Good times.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Dion Waiters.

Nothing says ROTY/HOF/ELITE/CHAMPION caliber player quite like going 4-14 against a team of (literally) glorified D-Leaguers.

I give him credit for cooling it on the asshole 30-footers... for now.

And just as I say that he proceeds to get his shit stuffed in by the rim. Good times.

amazing

truly

pilonv1

Cavs are the new Hawks

Took Shelden over a point guard
Took Thompson over Biyombo/My Name is Jonas
Took Waiters over anyone else

Teriyaki

Wow, I've never seen Rivers play. Just highlights...is he really this bad or is he just lazy as hell? Clueless without the ball on offense, drives only to the right when he does have it, and D awareness is nonexistent.

pilonv1

Wow, I've never seen Rivers play. Just highlights...is he really this bad or is he just lazy as hell? Clueless without the ball on offense, drives only to the right when he does have it, and D awareness is nonexistent.

You're looking at YNB without the athleticism.

Rod Boone ‏@rodboone
Melo was asked after tonight's game about his characterization of Lin's contract as being "ridiculous." Here's his answer in next tweet.

Rod Boone ‏@rodboone
Melo: "It was ridiculous for them to do what they did, as far as throwing that out there and making it tougher on us to sign him back."

Rod Boone ‏@rodboone
Why do people think Melo doesn't like Lin? "I don’t know. I can't worry about that. Ask Lin he’ll tell you what a good relationship we have"

Rod Boone ‏@rodboone
More Melo on ‪#Lin‬: "With Jeremy, I know he definitely wants to be back in New York & Dolan definitely wants him back."

Rod Boone ‏@rodboone
Melo: "It's just a matter of them figuring it out at this point."

Rod Boone ‏@rodboone
Was Melo surprised by the reaction to his comments? "I always get backlash. It's nothing new. It is what it is."

Rod Boone ‏@rodboone
More Melo on ‪#Lin‬: "I hope we get it done, man. I would love to see him back, honestly. I would definitely love to see him back."
Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling
Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler both said they would love to see #JeremyLin back with the #Knicks.

24 more hours

Branduil

Not gonna lie. I've barely watched Mayo play. Hope he does well here. I wonder what the contract is.

Stats look alright? Career 37% 3 pt percentage. Guess that's alright.

He was Wince Carter bad in the playoffs last year. And he doesn't even have the excuse of being a million years old.

DY_nasty

Mayo and Rose would've been so good.

I bet the Bulls didn't even offer him a contract.
He was Wince Carter bad in the playoffs last year. And he doesn't even have the excuse of being a million years old.

Well, he did play for Lionel. Which is almost as bad.

pilonv1

If the NBA was still letting high schoolers in the draft, would he have been taken #1 in 2011? Scary thought.

I don't think so - Davis would have been out of high school then, as would Drummond. If Drummond doesn't go to college he's absolutely #2 behind Davis because his flaws wouldn't have been as exposed.

Kogepan

24 more hours

I don't see how this will work out for the Knicks. Lin went out of his way to ensure the Knicks wouldn't (couldn't) bring him back without crippling the team in three years. He's probably had enough of Melo/Woodson.

Bring on Felton! Starting point guard for the eigth seed in the east. HAHAH

JoeFu

Banned

Maybe a change of location will help. He had bad blood with his teammates right? Fought Gay or something? And they were always looking to trade him?

Lets hope it works out.

DY_nasty

UCLA/USC backcourt... gonna be some tension in the locker room, LOL.

Nothing can be worse than Gerald Henderson's rookie year.
I don't see how this will work out for the Knicks. Lin went out of his way to ensure the Knicks wouldn't (couldn't) bring him back without crippling the team in three years. He's probably had enough of Melo/Woodson.

Lin did not do that. I'm not sure how you gathered that. He's a smart guy, but that doesn't mean he drafted Houston's poison pill offer sheet and submitted it himself.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
SoulPlaya....my heart....it hurts....
Dude, there's no point, anymore. The Bulls have pissed me off so much that I really do mean it when I say "fuck them". Such cheap ass incompetence. I don't even think Dallas was offering more money. At this point, I really would support Rose in leaving when he can.

squicken

I don't think he went out of his way to do anything other than get the most money possible. If the Knicks had really wanted to keep him they could have offered him a deal instead of making him go find an offer for them to match.

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock

Jeremy linn I've never seen grown men hate on another mans money like this in my life .

Flash

Thanks Blazers for being stubborn as hell

lol WTF? Batum is so god damn mediocre I don't get why he's always getting so much love.

derrick williams AND 2 firsts? and portland says no? All to overpay an average role player? I really don't know who is dumber lol.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The fucked up thing is that I just wanted the Bulls to get Lee, that's it. I mean, how can a huge big market team whose star player has the biggest shoe deal in the league, and sells the most US jerseys be this bad at attracting talent? The reputation of the Bulls is poisonous in this league. No one wants to come here unless they have to. The owner is cheap, and Gar Forman is too ugly to have a meeting with. FUCK THIS TEAM!!!

Go Lakers!

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Dude, there's no point, anymore. The Bulls have pissed me off so much that I really do mean it when I say "fuck them". Such cheap ass incompetence. I don't even think Dallas was offering more money. At this point, I really would support Rose in leaving when he can.

I wouldn't support Rose in leaving, but I sure as hell wouldn't blame him. However, he probably would never do it because he's as stupid as the rest of us Bulls fans.

At least Forte signed amirite?

Why are people harping on the 92 vs 12 debate? Kobe even elaborated he didn't mean they could beat them in a 7-game series, just a single game, which is true. Anything can happen in a single game. He basically admitted they're not better than the 92 team, his entire quote was taken way out of context. Embarrassing fluffing by the media.

Flash

Damn the Mavs had a pretty quiet but effective offseason. Mayo, Brand, Kaman and Collision? No huge marquee name but all pretty solid guys

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I wouldn't support Rose in leaving, but I sure as hell wouldn't blame him. However, he probably would never do it because he's as stupid as the rest of us Bulls fans.

At least Forte signed amirite?
Yeah, Rose seems happy just competing. Idiot. The NBA is full of teams that could say that.

And you're right, thank God the NFL starts soon. GO BEARS!!! At least they now have a competent GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom