• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

squicken

i guess knicks assumed no one would make such a crazy offer like that rockets one.

I think the Knicks will match and worry about the ramifications later. The thing I've seen kicked around is that they have expiring deals they can trade in year 3 to dodge the tax. But if Lin is un-tradeable at $15m, how would they move Amare at $23.5m?

Well yeah now that Asik is gone.

He hasn't even signed his offer sheet yet. Linsanity has to end before HOU moves on to that, and then possibly resolve the Dwightmare afterwards. Poor Asik didn't even get a tagline for his offseason move/match

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@ChrisBHaynes said:
CSNNW confirms Minny did offer Williams along with two first-round picks to the Blazers for Batum. Portland say no.
0383_lqe1.gif

Branduil

I like how while every other team works through free agency, Portland and Minny are quietly playing a game of Russian Roulette over Nicolas Batum of all people.

Loving how Lakers are putting together this past-prime group that are pretty much just coming together to win a title. Could make a great season.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Seriously if we turned down two 1st's and D.Will for not paying Batum 11.5/yr... fucking fuck we are stupid.

Doomsayer

I like the Jamison pick up, offense off the bench something that we sorely needed last year.

What the fuck is with Mitch's affinity for Jermaine fucking O'neal? I mean honestly. The guy has done fucking nothing lately, please keep him off my fucking team.

So the bench looks like Blake/Odom-Glock/Ebanks/Jamison/JO?

Eh, I can dig it.

What's going on with Barnes?

I like the Jamison pick up, offense off the bench something that we sorely needed last year.

What the fuck is with Mitch's affinity for Jermaine fucking O'neal? I mean honestly. The guy has done fucking nothing lately, please keep him off my fucking team.

Eh, I can dig it.

Not sure there's anyone left outside of JO if Hill didn't want to settle for a minimum contract. Worried about the frontline depth. JO is trash. Sacre looks okay at least.

Doomsayer

Not sure there's anyone left outside of JO if Hill didn't want to settle for a minimum contract. Worried about the frontline depth. JO is trash. Sacre looks okay at least.

Sacre is on Pekovich levels of retard strength, I can't wait for someone to slug him this year.

Hill isn't going to settle for a small contract. We can't run our 4 old guys (Bynum counts because he has the knees of a 40 year old) into the ground this year.

Every time I get excited about the season I just think of Mike Brown and all of my optimism slowly subsides into rage.

Fuck Mike Brown. Seriously.

Eh, I can dig it.

Darrius Morris has been alright at summer league, I could see him taking the role of backup PG. Hopefully they get Grant Hill as well.

Doomsayer

Darrius Morris has been alright at summer league, I could see him taking the role of backup PG. Hopefully they get Grant Hill as well.

Morris looks okay, but he is painfully bad on defense. I mean Blake is too, but I suppose Blake has experience... Morris has size though.

I can't see Grant really adding much to this team. He plays good D, but our bench was terrible offensively and I wouldn't see him doing much to help that.

I want to see Odom do work this year...but I just don't see it happening.

Fantomex

If the Lakers had a good coach like Jerry Sloan or Greg Poppovich one could have hope for them reaching the finals every season. But Mike Brown, meh.

TEAM USA didn't give 2 shits about that game tonight.

They were trying too hard to style for the President.

'92 would have done the same, and won by 30.

I don't think Lakers will get JO. Just a workout, nothing more. I don't want glock or DJO as the backup 2.

Also, Glock might not even be on the team the way he's performed in summer league.

I just want Grant Hill to join the oWo.

Me too.

Blake-Ebanks-Hill-Jamison-Pau/Drew 2nd unit. If they could upgrade Ebanks would be even better (unless he develops a 3 point shot).

Seriously, ebanks should be doing nothing but shooting 3s all summer long. Hill ain't a 3 point shooter. Rush would be a dream, but I doubt it happens without a Hill-Rush swap.

I'd like Jordan back for the right price, too, but he's expendable.

edit: Forgot about McBobs. I think he will bounce back this season.

squicken

Peter Vescey tweeted that Lin's offer got matched.

In other news, Rob Hennigan got a massive boner.

Going by Vescey's timeline he isn't informed on the matter, and is just going by what Twitter/peers have told him. Though I do believe they will match. And I forgot how caustic that guy can be. NBC used to have him in studio and he was the biggest ass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom