• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT2| Lakers Fans Despise Freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilonv1

Wow I was only kidding before

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/07/16/3386482/antawn-jamison-picks-lakers-over.html

LAS VEGAS Charlottean Antawn Jamison has chosen the Los Angeles Lakers over his hometown Bobcats, the Observer has learned.

Jamison, who starred at Providence High and North Carolina, gave serious consideration to finishing his NBA career as a Bobcat. But late Monday he decided to sign with the Lakers for a chance to pursue a championship, an informed source told the Observer.

Jamison is on vacation in Europe. He’s expected to sign with the Lakers once he returns to the United States later this week.

A 14-season NBA veteran, Jamison would have been big for the Bobcats as both a power forward and a mentor to a young team. Bobcats executives Rod Higgins and Rich Cho recruited him over dinner two weeks ago, as Jamison still lives in Charlotte and is raising four children here.

Jamison said he was torn between the chance to spend winters with his family versus signing with a contender. The Lakers and Brooklyn Nets both made him contract offers.

Jamison averaged 17.2 points and 6.3 rebounds with the Cleveland Cavaliers last season. He should provide strong bench scoring for a Lakers team that will feature Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum and newly signed Steve Nash.

With Jamison gone, the Bobcats still hope to add a veteran power forward to their roster. They have been in talks with Kris Humphries and Carl Landry about signing in Charlotte.

The Bobcats have remade their roster considerably since the end of a 7-59 season. Along with drafting Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Jeff Taylor, they traded for combo guard Ben Gordon, signed free agent point guard Ramon Sessions and claimed center Brendan Haywood off waivers.

The Bobcats have until end of business Tuesday to decide whether to use their one-time amnesty clause this off-season. Under NBA amnesty, a team can waive a player and stop counting him against their salary cap. Only players under contract before last season are eligible for amnesty. Center Gana Diop and shooting guard Matt Carroll figure to be the two options, if the Bobcats go this route.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...-jamison-picks-lakers-over.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKrWR9DIpM0

Check out the defense before the dunk.

had no idea Jamison averaged 17 a game last year. Granted it was on the garbage ass Cavs but he must still have some game left. We could use some scoring off the bench badly.

Damn the Mavs had a pretty quiet but effective offseason. Mayo, Brand, Kaman and Collision? No huge marquee name but all pretty solid guys

They'll win 55+ games next year and probably make the WCF. Collison was a huge get, people don't realize it yet. Brand could flourish in a new environment. They're a much better team.

Why are people harping on the 92 vs 12 debate? Kobe even elaborated he didn't mean they could beat them in a 7-game series, just a single game, which is true. Anything can happen in a single game. He basically admitted they're not better than the 92 team, his entire quote was taken way out of context. Embarrassing fluffing by the media.

Posters HERE said that the 2012 team is better.

They'll win 55+ games next year and probably make the WCF. Collison was a huge get, people don't realize it yet. Brand could flourish in a new environment. They're a much better team.

Collison sucks. Been saying it since his UCLA days. rookie season was an anomoly. Mayo is meh on offense, but he's a really good defender.

Jamison on the Lakers is a good pickup. It's not like Murphy played better defense. Jamison is a stretch 4 which they need. Off the bench don't care too much about his D since the bench just needs scoring. Hell, even a player they can throw the ball to get a mediocre shot out of is an improvement.

Branduil

had no idea Jamison averaged 17 a game last year. Granted it was on the garbage ass Cavs but he must still have some game left. We could use some scoring off the bench badly.

I'm sure Cleveland Reclamation Project 2.0 will be much better.

He'll probably be the Lakers' best bench player, but that's not saying much.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Barring any major season-ending injuries, there is NOTHING stopping this team now, nothing. Jamison's a huge pickup.

Chris+Bosh+Phoenix+Suns+v+Miami+Heat+37zEDrpjJjsl.jpg

Lakers already would have taken the Heat to 6 or 7 games last season, possibly even won the series. Now compare who each team added in the off-season:

Heat: Ray Allen (on his last leg, 75% chance of injury), Rashard Lewis (undeniably turrible)

Lakers: Steve Nash, Antawn Jamison

It would be a close series but LA would win.

Watch his pre-dunk defense in the video I posted and tell me that.

Lakers fans must only be remembering the night he dropped 50 on them

Completely irrelevant. Look at the team he was on. Veterans like Jamison get new motivation to play harder when getting traded to contenders from terrible situations like that. This has happened so many times in the past in every sport.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Damn the Mavs had a pretty quiet but effective offseason. Mayo, Brand, Kaman and Collision? No huge marquee name but all pretty solid guys
Even the Mavs made the Bulls look like idiots. Dismantle their biggest asset, possibly overpay a useless big man, and get nothing for it. They're not even bad enough to tank, so what's the point.

I mean, this huge big market team traded Korver away FOR CASH!

Completely irrelevant. Look at the team he was on. Veterans like Jamison get new motivation to play harder when getting traded to contenders from terrible situations like that. This has happened so many times in the past in every sport.

He got to new levels when he joined the Cavs in 2010.

Earlier today I felt kinda sad about Lin leaving but I have a weird feeling the Knicks will match. Lin is my guy. <3 Lin

yeah, i really do think they will. i just want this damn debacle to end! tired of refreshing twitter and stuff lol.

I don't think he went out of his way to do anything other than get the most money possible. If the Knicks had really wanted to keep him they could have offered him a deal instead of making him go find an offer for them to match.

i guess knicks assumed no one would make such a crazy offer like that rockets one.

chris rock put this out earlier too
Chris Rock &#8207;@chrisrock
Please knicks keep linn lets not have a brand new team for the tenth year in a row. Things have to sit in order to jell.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Sephcast, me, you, Iron, Miner are all that's left. Cuevas is too busy partying, Poo has left us to go join Ronnie Brewer and his baseline.

The love from LakersGAF is too strong! Come on, let's join!

Lakers already would have taken the Heat to 6 or 7 games last season, possibly even won the series. Now compare who each team added in the off-season:

Heat: Ray Allen (on his last leg, 75% chance of injury), Rashard Lewis (undeniably turrible)

Lakers: Steve Nash, Antawn Jamison

It would be a close series but LA would win.

104487968.jpg

9010081-large.jpg

He might be the most selfish player in the NBA other than Jordan Crawford at this point in his career.

we need that off the bench.

Blake-ebanks-mcbobs-pau are way too unselfish a unit.

Watch his pre-dunk defense in the video I posted and tell me that.

Lakers fans must only be remembering the night he dropped 50 on them

He's terrible on D. Who cares, so was murphy. He's better than Murphy on O by a lot and he's a good rebounder. Hell, he's an upgrade on D on Murphy.

I'm sure I'll be cursing his name numerous times. Still, it's an upgrade.

Branduil

You know what's funny is that even though the Mavs lost the Deron sweepstakes with Brooklyn, and lost Kidd to the Knicks, the Mavs will likely be better than last year while New York basketball is in worse shape than ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom