• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

Like why do people keep trying to mix up what I actually say to fit their slant? A bunch of fucking Romney's running around. Never said EVERYONE.

I posted before this trade was even considered likely that Dwights bum ass don't scare me on the Lakers. I simply said that since the trade, alot more bets are going to LA. Shit aint that serious.
Mothman91 said:
Getting out of the West is going to be so hard.

There were two teams with a legit shot last year and there are two this year. Same ole shit, just a different day.

lmao

ryutaro pls

Not really that funny, I picked OKC to beat them in a series.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Not really that funny, I picked OKC to beat them in a series.

I simply do not see the point of playing the "we're the underdog right now. if we achieve anything, it'll surprise me as a fan" shit if you've got the best assembly of talent in the league you're playing in.

Its like me saying that UNC is going to be in for a struggle against NC State or something

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Whoa whoa whoa.. the Heat are underdogs now?? They've been written off?

They added a couple of the greatest shooters to lace 'em up, they have the best player on the planet, 3 superstars in their prime, all the while playing in a bitch-made conference by the way. And we're supposed to pretend like they're the underdogs??

All I have to say to that is...

CKlol.gif

Misterhbk

Whoa whoa whoa.. the Heat are underdogs now?? They've been written off?

They added a couple of the greatest shooters to lace 'em up, they have the best player on the planet, 3 superstars in their prime, all the while playing in a bitch-made conference by the way. And we're supposed to pretend like they're the underdogs??

All I have to say to that is...

CKlol.gif

This, I mean seriously. Who is there to possibly compete with them in the East? Name one team that has a legitimate chance of beating them out east? They'll walk into the finals with ease and that'll be the first series they have a tough time. Assuming the Lakers come out of the west of course. If its OKC then the Heat repeat for sure.

I simply do not see the point of playing the "we're the underdog right now. if we achieve anything, it'll surprise me as a fan" shit if you've got the best assembly of talent in the league you're playing in.

Its like me saying that UNC is going to be in for a struggle against NC State or something
I'm not.

Doing a "nobody believes in us!" when your team is being ranked near unanimously over a team that has Kobe Bryant/Steve Nash and Pau Gasol as their third and fourth best players.

vs.

Arguing that your team shouldn't be favored to win their conference when they have Kobe/Nash and Pau as their third and fourth best players.

Not sure which is worse.

DY_nasty

Doing a "nobody believes in us!" when your team is being ranked near unanimously over a team that has Kobe Bryant/Steve Nash and Pau Gasol as their third and fourth best players.

vs.

Arguing that your team shouldn't be favored to win their conference when they have Kobe/Nash and Pau as their third and fourth best players.

Not sure which is worse.

ryu is just so humble

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Yeah I'm definitely not in the "OKC is the best in the West until they are dethroned" camp. The Lakers will be the best team in the west this season. Period. I don't think it'll be by some large margin or anything like that though.

Losing to OKC at 100% health in the conference finals would be an absolute embarrassment as far as I'm concerned.

Kaman's hurt again.

Not a fan of him at all, but the Mavs potentially having Brand/Wright as their center rotation in some games seems like a disaster waiting to happen.

Yeah I'm definitely not in the "OKC is the best in the West until they are dethroned" camp. The Lakers will be the best team in the west this season. Period. I don't think it'll be by some large margin or anything like that though.

Losing to OKC at 100% health in the conference finals would be an absolute embarrassment as far as I'm concerned.

OKC probably is better. You can't just put a team together like this and expect them to take off. Prepare to be embarrassed I guess

DY_nasty

OKC probably is better. You can't just put a team together like this and expect them to take off. Prepare to be embarrassed I guess

Works all the time. Worked for Boston, Miami back in 06, LA a couple of times in the past...

Either way, they are in no way some sort of underdog. After making those moves, they shouldn't be expected to fail against OKC team that didn't address any of its own problems.

Why does everyone forgot about the 08 Celtics?

Just because Miami got spanked their first year doesn't mean a team can't gel quickly, especially with parts that compliment eachother.

The only gelling that the Lakers will need is that Kobe needs to realize that he should only take like 15-17 shots a game.

Other than Kobe's delusions about how good he is, the guys perfectly compliment each other. Nash and Dwight can run PnRs while Gasol and Kobe are a threat on the perimeter with their shooting and other skills. Defensively, Dwight can just anchor the team. It's not like the Heat where there was going to be an obvious adjustment period like trying to make an iso player who didn't pass and played average defense into a third option who dominated defensively.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
how is league pass looking this year?

Usually I get it but I'm waiting to see what the interface is like on XBL. Not like the usual LPBB interface. More like what MLB has on XBL. Since I'm stuck with Shitcast, I'm lucky if they show more than one game in HD. >_>

Works all the time. Worked for Boston, Miami back in 06, LA a couple of times in the past...

Either way, they are in no way some sort of underdog. After making those moves, they shouldn't be expected to fail against OKC team that didn't address any of its own problems.
I don't see it.

And OKC still has a lot advantages. LA is the oldest team in the league, OKC running them out the gym again is a very real possibility.
Why does everyone forgot about the 08 Celtics?

Just because Miami got spanked their first year doesn't mean a team can't gel quickly, especially with parts that compliment eachother.

All I'm saying is don't be surprised.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
And OKC still has a lot advantages. LA is the oldest team in the league, OKC running them out the gym again is a very real possibility.
No.. the fuck it isn't.

Did OKC make some noticeable upgrades to their roster that I'm not aware of? Because the Lakers sure as shit did. We went from a mediocre PG to an elite PG. We had a shit bench (Matt Barnes was our best player. Marinade on that shit...) and now we have a competent looking one. We went from having the second best center to having THE best center since prime Shaq. Our second best player last year was Pau Gasol, who will probably be our 4'th best player on most nights. I say again, the guy who scored the most points in the Olympics and led his team to Silver this year will probably be our 4'th best player on most nights...

If you really think there's a shred of possibility of OKC doing to us what they did last year you are delusional. Period.

I'm not proclaiming we will stomp on OKC or some bullshit by the way, that is just asinine. It will be a hard fought series, but the Lakers should come out the victor if they're healthy.

No.. the fuck it isn't.

Did OKC make some noticeable upgrades to their roster that I'm not aware of? Because the Lakers sure as shit did. We went from a mediocre PG to an elite PG. We had a shit bench (Matt Barnes was our best player. Marinade on that shit...) and now we have a competent looking one. We went from having the second best center to having THE best center since prime Shaq. Our second best player last year was Pau Gasol, who will probably be our 4'th best player on most nights. I say again, the guy who scored the most points in the Olympics and led his team to Silver this year will probably be our 4'th best player on most nights...

If you really think there's a shred of possibility of OKC doing to us what they did last year you are delusional. Period.

I'm not proclaiming we will stomp on OKC or some bullshit by the way, that is just asinine. It will be a hard fought series, but the Lakers should come out the victor if they're healthy.

I love how you can write a mini-essay and literally not address anything I said. Oldest team in the league. I'm not implying the lakers would get blown out.

I wanna see how the Lakeshow does against teams that want to run all day. Denver. the Wolves. should be a decent litmus test as to how they do against OKC in an extended series

DY_nasty

I wanna see how the Lakeshow does against teams that want to run all day. Denver. the Wolves. should be a decent litmus test as to how they do against OKC in an extended series

They should be able to actually score again. LA wasn't doing shit if Kobe wasn't dragging Pau's ass up the court and shooting for him.

Top Bottom