• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I love how you can write a mini-essay and literally not address anything I said. Oldest team in the league. I'm not implying the lakers would get blown out.
You said run out of the gym.. that clearly implies they would get exhausted by OKC's athleticism and beaten decisively because of it. Which I call bullshit on.

Yeah they're an older team, that's a valid argument. But we're not talking about players who don't have any work ethic and don't take care of themselves are we? Lakers can't out run OKC, but they're not going to try to either, they're going to make it a half court game. And they will succeed at doing so.

I mean really, we have one of the quickest front courts in the league now. And Kobe/Nash, although not as quick as they used to be, are not sloths by any means...

Brown is a clown, but anytime Nash is on the floor, his idiocy wont matter. there are some almighty scrubs (like Steve Blake,lol) coming off that bench though and they need good coaching.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
So you gone act like every body and there mom didn't hope on dat LA train?

Not going act like anything son

We got maybe more Laker fans here than any other fans

And regardless what you want to think they are a very dangerous team

Wouldn't be shocked at all if they won

Omega

Banned
im a bit late, but on the last two pages people kept saying "heat added 2 great shooters" or something similar

so I must ask, who else did they add besides Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis?

I've been on this forum since 09 (didn't start posting until recently) and I've never seen anyone say Rashard was good.

Ray Allen isn't that good he counts as two players so I'm guessing they picked up someone and I never noticed

charsace

Did anyone else see stat on the daily show?

Stewart: You guys gonna be better than the heat?
Stat: ...
Stat:hahahahahahaha
Everyone else:hahahahahahahaha.

WTF MAN!

He could have said something like, "I don't know, but we aiming to be the best team in the league next season," or something. Instead he says nothing and lols? I feel like bricking dude's luxury car.

Blackace

im a bit late, but on the last two pages people kept saying "heat added 2 great shooters" or something similar

so I must ask, who else did they add besides Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis?

I've been on this forum since 09 (didn't start posting until recently) and I've never seen anyone say Rashard was good.

Ray Allen isn't that good he counts as two players so I'm guessing they picked up someone and I never noticed

Lewis is like 9th on the all time 3pts made list
Lewis is a great shooter but a waste of overall talent because he just shot 3s

charsace

Lewis is like 9th on the all time 3pts made list
Lewis is a great shooter but a waste of overall talent because he just shot 3s

That's what he became on the magic. He had a much more diverse game with the Sonics and was on the cusp of being a regular allstar type of player.

Blackace

That's what he became on the magic. He had a much more diverse game with the Sonics and was on the cusp of being a regular allstar type of player.
He actually didn't have much more game which is why the sonics laughed at his contract
His more rounded game came from mac 10 riding him always

And using him as a number 2

Still shot a lot of 3s then too

charsace

He actually didn't have much more game which is why the sonics laughed at his contract
His more rounded game came from mac 10 riding him always

And using him as a number 2

Still shot a lot of 3s then too

He had a solid post game that was coming along in seattle and a little face up ability. Both of which disappeared after he left seattle.

Blackace

He had a solid post game that was coming along in seattle and a little face up ability. Both of which disappeared after he left seattle.

He had a running hook...

Nothing more.

He was really devoloping, the sonics would have at least made an offer.

Still a great spot up shooter tho

Shard was a ghost in Washington but they were a mess before he got there and it was the type of situation any vet would hate to be added to. Playing next to legit NBA starters again might bring out whatever is left of Shard. He could very well be done though.

Ray on the other hand, if the medical and coaching staff are good enough, could easily return to form.

At very least it will be 2011 Heat plus Ray minus a bit more of Miller/Battier. Easily enough to waltz to the finals.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
So what teams that made the playoffs last season won't make it this season?

Let me ponder this...

Dallas
Utah
Denver
Orlando

They will be replaced by:

Golden Fried State
Sacoftomatoes
Minnesota Lynx
Brooklyn Dodgers

Unless the Bulls lose Rose for more than 30 games, then I don't see the East changing much.

Blackace

Denver Utah and Dallas are better than Sac.

GSW might sneak into the playoffs, Nola as well.
Denver and Dallas are most likely going be better

Utah looks really bad to me

NOLA reminds me of the triple J Dallas squad for some reason

Denver is winning 50 games this year. Iggy makes them better offensively and defensively. they're gunna be one of the most fun teams in the league to watch.

Unless Dirk goes back to 2011 Dirk they'll be worse overall. Collison, Mayo, Kaman is a really bad supporting cast, still a playoff team tho

edit: actually I dunno if they make the playoffs, NO might be about as good as them

Mavs won't make the playoffs unless Dirk has an amazing season and Bynum is going to have to have no injuries for the 76ers to make the playoffs. Clippers and Jazz might slip out of the playoffs because the West is really good. I think the Jazz will make the playoffs, but I'm biased so whatever.

I have no reason to believe the Kings will be good.

If DeMarcus Cousins learned how to make shots in the paint and how to play defense, they'd be pretty good.

Blackace

Kings need outside shooting badly

But frontcourt looks good

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Kings are ready for the next step of becoming a real professional basketball team! The key guys on the roster have been around and played together for a couple of years now.

7-8 seed is possible

Dallas lost some of their supporting cast and starting point guard. It will take some time for them to know each others tendencies.

charsace

He had a running hook...

Nothing more.

He was really devoloping, the sonics would have at least made an offer.

Still a great spot up shooter tho
Magic made that ridiculous offer so of course the sonics let him walk. They didn't think anyone would be that crazy. Having a hook shot is great.

KAJ's post game was mainly the hook and KG's post game is the hook and turn around jumper.

Blackace

Magic made that ridiculous offer so of course the sonics let him walk. They didn't think anyone would be that crazy. Having a hook shot is great.

KAJ's post game was mainly the hook and KG's post game is the hook and turn around jumper.
KAJ was like 6inches taller than anyone else and the true hook is different than a running hook

You need a few moves to have a post game Lewis had a running hook

Kareem also had godlike composure against double and triple teams, and great hands among other less talked about post skills.

Kareem also had godlike composure against double and triple teams, and great hands among other less talked about post skills.

And he could establish position incredibly well. When he caught the ball, he already close the basket and in range for his shot, no real point to doing other moves besides the hook.

giri

Kings are ready for the next step of becoming a real professional basketball team! The key guys on the roster have been around and played together for a couple of years now.

7-8 seed is possible

Dallas lost some of their supporting cast and starting point guard. It will take some time for them to know each others tendencies.

Except the Mavs are still better than the kings at 4 out of 5 spots.

Out side of DMC, there's no one on that roster that would make the Mavs team.

Blackace

Disagree a bit. Isaiah and Thornton will be playing most of the Kings' guard minutes and they're decent shooters. The Kings' biggest issue is their terrible interior defense.
Both are streaky and both believe in shooting their way out of cold spells

Thornton won the award for john starks lookalike 3 years running

giri

Wait, you don't like all those gunners?

I actuall don't mind thornton, but he's a bench player you throw in there to score. He's no starter. Not a 32mpg player anyway. And he almost always just takes away shot from DMC.

Reke i think is a reclamation project waiting to happen. But it's not going to happen at the kings. And never even looks to get the ball to DMC when he's in the post.

Then out side of that.... they've got Isiah. a really tiny PG. Who struggles to feed DMC in the post.

Then you have Jason Thompson and Aaron Brooks as the only other really talented players.

I'm not really convinced or sold on the kings team.

I think they could be close, if they were willing to make a big trade/gamble. Like Reke for Wall or something.

Isaiah would probably start on the Mavs and Thornton would definitely be playing minutes on the Mavs.

Isiah isn't starting over collison. And 5mpg for thornton doesn't sell me on the fact that he's going to lift the kings over the mavs record.

You guys are trippin if you think Dallas won't make the playoffs. They made it last year with an awful team and an awful out of shape Dirk.

Top Bottom