• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

TDK Rises

c7319a6c0bf711e2a44612313804d094_7.jpg

199986_10152186268750341_580451653_n.jpg

556093_10152186277820341_1897004427_n.jpg

578820680bf811e29cc822000a1e9b89_7.jpg

559646_10152186316460341_1495556143_n.jpg

Nets jerseys are way too plain. The logo isn't anything to shout about so I was hoping the unis themselves would try to generate some kind of excitement. Both look like generic "Create-a-team" assets from the 90s.

Edit:

Nash's hair reminds me of this:

agent-smith_8841.jpg

Top starting lineups using 2011-2012 PER

Nash: 20.29
Bryant: 21.95
Peace: 11.03
Gasol: 20.51
Howard: 24.29
Jamison: 16.17

LAKERS Mean PER: 19.614
If JAMISON Starts instead of Peace (probably should happen) Mean PER: 20.642

Chalmers: 12.98
Wade: 26.37
Bron: 30.80
Battier: 9.76
Bosh: 18.94

HEAT Mean PER: 19.77

Thunder (gave them a break and put Harden in their starting 5)

YNB: 23.00
Durant: 26.26
Sefolosha: 9.81
Harden: 21.13
Ibaka: 18.98
Perk: 8.69

Thunder Mean PER with THABO: 17.348
Thunder Mean PER WITH Harden: 19.612

Thought this was interesting.

Clearly that isn't all that goes into it, but mathematically it shows the Heat are still a better starting lineup than the lakeshow with the anemic Artest on the court, but are clearly better with Jamison at the 3, which I think will be equal to reality.

The Thunder are inferior to both without Harden on the court by quite a bit which showed because his disappearance in the finals was the difference between a chip and losing imo.

Anyone here know what's going down with Laker games being broadcast on networks other than Time/Warner?

I have FIOS and the lack of information so close to pre-season is starting to worry me.

KingGondo

Banned
Top starting lineups using 2011-2012 PER The Thunder are inferior to both without Harden on the court by quite a bit which showed because his disappearance in the finals was the difference between a chip and losing imo.
Thabo is extremely useful starting against Kobe--he's the best in the league at playing Kobe one on one. And when Harden comes in, nobody on most bench units can fuck with him.

Thabo's usefulness was limited against the Heat's smallball Finals lineup, though.

I'm hoping Perry Jones blossoms and provides that stretch 3-4 versatility we were missing last season. Starting YNB, Thabo, KD, PJ3 and Ibaka would be vastly preferable to Serge at the 4 and Perk at the 5.

Omega

Banned
I gave up on RE after I had to punch a boulder into a volcano by way of QTE.

I'll never give up on the Knicks.*

unless zeke comes back in an official capacity. If that happens, fuck the knicks.

guess I'm not the only one that feels this way

and those Nets jerseys..wtf were they thinking? I liked the simplistic approach they took to everything else, but there are teams with practice jerseys that look more official.

lol, Sheed doesn't even get a number

Thabo is extremely useful starting against Kobe--he's the best in the league at playing Kobe one on one. And when Harden comes in, nobody on most bench units can fuck with him.

Thabo's usefulness was limited against the Heat's smallball Finals lineup, though.

I'm hoping Perry Jones blossoms and provides that stretch 3-4 versatility we were missing last season. Starting YNB, Thabo, KD, PJ3 and Ibaka would be vastly preferable to Serge at the 4 and Perk at the 5.

Agreed tho its hard as shit to predict what PJ3 will do. He is infuriating to watch. I think he busts.

Nori Chan

So apparently the lakers channel debuts 7 tonight. I was kinda scared when I didn't find anything on the box.

You would think they would at least cover media day.

KingGondo

Banned
Agreed tho its hard as shit to predict what PJ3 will do. He is infuriating to watch. I think he busts.
I think if he's ever gonna succeed, it'll be in OKC. Surrounded by young athletic gym rats that'll get the most out of him.

We mainly need him to provide energy off the bench. Grab a few offensive boards, play solid D, and knock down open jumpers.

In other news:

@dailythunder: Harden on the league cracking down on flopping: "It's good. Guys can't be flopping and getting away with it anymore."
Tee hee.

Smokey

So when the Lakers don't win the ship this year will it be a bigger dissapointment than when the Heat didn't in year 1

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So when the Lakers don't win the ship this year will it be a bigger dissapointment than when the Heat didn't in year 1

You're bitter. Its ok. We understand.

On the bright side, you'll be able to use Bieber in 2k13 tomorrow.

Top Bottom