• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

I hope the grizzlies give them hell. Too bad lakers aren't making it past the second round so that we have a gasolvsgasol debate.

Can't see the lakers beating OKC.

Can see them beating Dallas.

There's a chance dallas beat OKC though.

RBH

RBH, sell me on why I should lifelong your team over my current favorite, Pacers.

We got Chris Tucker on our side!

celebs-at-sports-games-tucker.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Bill Simmons ‏ @sportsguy33 Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Clips' tentative plan for second half: change uniforms to say "HEAT" and find yesterday's refs from Heat-Knicks game.

Can't see the lakers beating OKC.

Can see them beating Dallas.

There's a chance dallas beat OKC though.
Nah. Isn't there a stat that after losing game 1 teams lose most of the time? I feel like Dallas really needed that first game because now they've got to take 4 out of 6.

Vire

Clips' tentative plan for second half: change uniforms to say "HEAT" and find yesterday's refs from Heat-Knicks game.

Bill Simmons continues to be unfunny!

filler

Banned

lol, DAT TRUTH

Anybody got a gif of that Lebron flop?

Guess it depends if they believe Rondo if it was an accident.

Chuck is right though, dude is lying.

I think if it was the regular season, he'd get a game but it's so minor, it doesn't matter.

They aren't gonna bother with giving him a suspension and swing the series.

I can see him get hit with a fine though.

Vire

I think if it was the regular season, he'd get a game but it's so minor, it doesn't matter.

They aren't gonna bother with giving him a suspension and swing the series.

I can see him get hit with a fine though.

As much as I'd love to see Rondo suspended, I think the ejection was enough.

The win rate is really high, but it doesn't get insane untill you win the first 3.

The winner of game one goes on to win the series 80% of the time. Posted this a little bit earlier.

This is for DY and whoever else was saying ACL tears are preventable

The NBA's compressed schedule, with 66 games in four months followed by one day off before the playoffs, was tough on everyone.

Did it cause more injuries?

"Yeah, probably," Chicago's Joakim Noah said. "Probably."

What about the torn ACLs that ended the season for Derrick Rose and Iman Shumpert on Saturday?

Unlikely, said a surgeon.

"There is no evidence that wear and tear, or that kind of issue, playing too much, really has any correlation with ACL injuries in any sport that we've ever studied," Dr. David Altchek from the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York said Sunday.

Alchek said ACL tears, far more common in female athletes, are scary injuries in that there's little explanation for how to prevent them. He said the non-contact version that both Rose and Shumpert sustained are often more prevalent in the strongest, healthiest athletes.

"There really is no evidence of that, in any athlete, that wear and tear, like gradual wearing away of the ACL, is an issue in terms of the injury," Altchek said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...GAME?SITE=OHWOO&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom