• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAS still not giving bynum the "best center" crown. wtf, 30 rebounds, triple double in the playoffs, staying healthy this season. meanwhile, dwight's been a cancer to the entire city of orlando and is going into back surgery. sorry, but right now, bynum is the best.

I can't stand Bynum and even I think he's obviously the best center right now (even barring Dwight's injury). Dwight just hasn't had his head or heart in the game recently. I think he has potential to regain his crown, but Bynum has really stepped up his game and is putting up hall of fame numbers this year, especially recently.

Edit: With Caron out for about a month, I'd move Kenyon Martin up to the starting position, at least for this series. It would really help set a physical tone that was sorely missing for most of the game last night. Maybe he could even inspire DJ to play aggressive defense again.

Fox318

JEaTO.jpg

SAS still not giving bynum the "best center" crown. wtf, 30 rebounds, triple double in the playoffs, staying healthy this season. meanwhile, dwight's been a cancer to the entire city of orlando and is going into back surgery. sorry, but right now, bynum is the best.
Only because Dwight's back is effed right now

Bynum mailed in the second half of the season defensively, has horrific shot selection, and never passes and he's better than Dwight because he's not a cancer, what?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What hometown glory shit? I didn't even make a single post about the Lakers win yesterday. He attacked me and I defended myself.

If he has problems with certain posters, attack them. Don't fucking generalize everyone.

Do you have problem with people talking shit about NBA-gaf because of a few bad posters? Don't be a hypocrite.
look at yourself on this same page

"Not a rival like the Celtics"

Get over yourself. And that goes to everyone who does the same shit. Its a lot of people too.

I can't stand Bynum and even I think he's obviously the best center right now (even barring Dwight's injury). Dwight just hasn't had his head or heart in the game recently. I think he has potential to regain his crown, but Bynum has really stepped up his game and is putting up hall of fame numbers this year, especially recently.
With a bad back and zero fucks, Dwight was still manning the lane and putting up 20-20 games.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Just read through the posts during last night's Clippers game. Hilarious. You guys are so f'ing fickle.

thirty

Banned
if Bynum's previous knee injuries are taken into consideration then Dwight's back injury should also. Media seems to be giving Dwight a pass for not being in the playoffs due to his back.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
if Bynum's previous knee injuries are taken into consideration then Dwight's back injury should also. Media seems to be giving Dwight a pass for not being in the playoffs due to his back.

Dwight isn't in the playoffs because he's a baby.

Owzers

Odds of Melo throwing an elbow at Lebron when trying to get iso positioning before this series is over?

Also, it would be neat if Novak got to shoot more than 2 times this game, especially since he was 2-2 for 3s Saturday. Kind of reminds me of Terry not getting to shoot/play in the 4th quarter against OKC.

jman2050

This is like when people were bandwagoning Deron as the best PG in the league over CP3, except unlike Bynum there actually was this small window of time for Deron where that may have possibly been true.

diehard

Fleer
This is like when people were bandwagoning Deron as the best PG in the league over CP3, except unlike Bynum there actually was this small window of time for Deron where that may have possibly been true.

Yeah remember all those times when Bynum dominated Howard head to head?

Someone told me Melo shows up for the playoffs so lets see if he can hit more than 3 shots.

linsivvi

look at yourself on this same page

"Not a rival like the Celtics"

Get over yourself. And that goes to everyone who does the same shit. Its a lot of people too.

How are the Suns a rival to the Lakers? They aren't. Meeting a few times randomly in the playoffs don't make them rivals.

You jumped into the conversation without even knowing what we were arguing about and now you're just changing the subject. Whatever dude.

All I know is that when this thread got locked and people associated a few posters with the whole community, you had a problem with it.

aznpxdd

lol the Suns are a rival to the Lakers, just ask Kobe.

By that logic, are the Jazz and Lakers rivals?

Just because Lakers and Suns met in the playoffs the couple times...I wouldn't call that a rivalry. Plus, the times they met were during the KoME, Smush & Kwame era...

Sanjuro

Just because Lakers and Suns met in the playoffs the couple times...I wouldn't call that a rivalry. Plus, the times they met were during the KoME, Smush & Kwame era...

Honestly, I would say rivalry quality in the NBA is probably last in the major four.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

:lol

Bynum being the best center in the league today is like me being the best poster on NeoGAF that's 6'4 and was born in the Balkans.

linsivvi

lol the Suns are a rival to the Lakers, just ask Kobe.

Look, I've already talked about it last page. Kobe hates them because of the way Mike D and his players mocked them. That alone doesn't make them rivals.

You don't think to be rivals both teams need to be at the same level at the same time? The Lakers were just lucky to be in the playoffs those couple years. They aren't rivals just like how the late 90's Jazz and Lakers aren't rivals either.

diehard

Fleer

Not so much anymore, but ask that to a Laker fan in the 90's and i'm sure they would say yes.

They met in the playoffs and traded "emotional" wins back and forth, it's a rivalry... just not at the same level as it once was.

There are shades of grey between not-rivals and rivals.

diehard

Fleer
i need some advice.

on a scale of 1-10, how acceptable is it to still buy/wear ecko clothing?

and yes everyone knows i'm white as hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom