• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

wtf is 82games? Is that a basketball metrics site? I googled it and it came up with a site with a whole bunch of basketball-reference type shit...

If thats what he's talking about, holy crap. Cause some nerdy 'push my glasses up' type stuff.

basically, mamba and giri type stuff

The guy who made 82games.com is a consultant for the Mavs now.

Gabyskra

Banned
Apparently Lin is hoping to come back for Game 4. I'm wondering how superstitious the guy really is and if he believes he can produce another miracle.

I don't know what reilo was going on about, but your back and forth Charlie Brown shit over the entire thing was KHarvey-esque.

Tsundere, even.

I was sad about Pau leaving; he's been my favorite Laker since his arrival.

I wasn't sure if this made the team better (I repeatedly said it depended on what big we brought in).

But I always maintained I was excited to see Cp3 in a Laker uni. He's my favorite non-Laker. For Reilo to claim I was happy that CP3 wasn't a Laker is factually incorrect. I think I would know better seeing as, well, I would obviously know.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

I wasn't sure if this made the team better (I repeatedly said it depended on what big we brought in).

But I always maintained I was excited to see Cp3 in a Laker uni. He's my favorite non-Laker. For Reilo to claim I was happy that CP3 wasn't a Laker is factually incorrect. I think I would know better seeing as, well, I would obviously know.

tsun tsun

Damn after all the excitement i forgot Caron got injured and its still shocking the Clips still managed to rally up. At this point, ill say fuck it and call the Clips reverse-lebroning powers taking them to a game7. Cant tell if im underestimating the Clips or overestimating the Grizz because of the craziness. lol

What did Adam do, was it permaban worthy? I hope not, I wanted him around for when the Grizz win the next 4 in a row.

EDIT: Thnx for clearing that up mamba

Adam got banned for posting something that has now been deleted. It was of the same ilk of the other things posted earlier by another user that got deleted.

exarkun

I don't know what reilo was going on about, but your back and forth Charlie Brown shit over the entire thing was KHarvey-esque.

Tsundere, even.

hmmm i would say that he is more dere dere than tsun tsun tho

now ryu is more tsundere about his laker love

giri

giri i am watching carlos highlights and cryin

look at this shit

and the coolest try of all time

literally the chris paul of rugby

the games never been played better ;_;

Will genia is trolling the reds, duki.

Carlos will always be my favorite kiwi no. 10

How did the blues lose to the reds tho duki. The reds are terrible this year. But i'm glad you did. It was singing the team song with the reds after the game that made Genia take a huge pay cut to stay with the team for 3 years.

linsivvi

I was the one who didn't like the trade because size wins in the playoffs and the Lakers at that point had a real chance of getting Dwight (and that was before his diva acts). The other point is that nobody had any idea how long CP3 can play at this level, which is still true today. So it's a big risk.

I'm also willing to bet Odom would've played much closer to last year's level if that trade was never proposed and he stayed a Laker.

I've always maintained that CP3, when healthy, is the best PG in the league. But it's also a fact that the PG position has much more depth than the center position. It's way easier to get a functional PG on the cheap (Sessions) than to get a crappy center that will cost you an arm and a leg (Jordan).

Branduil

tsun tsun

hmmm i would say that he is more dere dere than tsun tsun tho

now ryu is more tsundere about his laker love

ibhX5g935ggsTf.gif

Duki

Banned
Will genia is trolling the reds, duki.

Carlos will always be my favorite kiwi no. 10

How did the blues lose to the reds tho duki. The reds are terrible this year. But i'm glad you did. It was singing the team song with the reds after the game that made Genia take a huge pay cut to stay with the team for 3 years.

literally because they are lazy and fat and the coach sucks and nonu and weepu havent cared about performing in super rugby since they made the all blacks and because our two best players are out for the season and because the only person who cares is anscombe

literally a lost season for no reason

fire pat lam imo

genia is a silly poo for doing that literally being exploited by a business by abusing his loyalty and nostalgia

shouldve gone to the rebels or something

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
so all the Laker fans salt ran out as the Clips came back?

giri

literally because they are lazy and fat and the coach sucks and nonu and weepu havent cared about performing in super rugby since they made the all blacks and because our two best players are out for the season and because the only person who cares is anscombe

literally a lost season for no reason

fire pat lam imo

genia is a silly poo for doing that literally being exploited by a business by abusing his loyalty and nostalgia

shouldve gone to the rebels or something

no way, he's better off in a reds jumper. Quade, Genia, Horwill are basically the 3 most important wallabies, they should stick together.

Beisdes, there is NOTHING going on in Perth. That franchise needs to keep trying to get its hands on young talent like the reds of 3 years ago. And just build that way. They're just pissy the reds stole their coach.

I did larf when mealamu called out weepu for being fat. That was great.

linsivvi

Because only Lakers fans were laughing at the Clips and no one else disliked the Floppers.

Because all the fan bases of the other winning teams from yesterday and today didn't celebrate their teams' playoff victory.

Some revisionist histories right there.

Meanwhile, Suns fans have been borrowing salts from their neighbors after the Spurs and Lakers victories.

giri

Because only Lakers fans were laughing at the Clips and no one else disliked the Floppers.

Because all the fan bases of the other winning teams from yesterday and today didn't celebrate their teams' playoff victory.

Some revisionist histories right there.

Meanwhile, Suns fans have been borrowing salts from their neighbors after the Spurs and Lakers victories.

Hardly the only, but there were a ton of laker fans. I saw more than one LA is a clipper town, joke today posted by laker fans.

I know i was laughing my ass off when they were down 25 or what ever. Only too happy to admit it. won't have time to watch the game tonight, unfortunately.

But plenty of people specifically went after adam, when everyone knows he's been a long time clipper fan.

But no, lets pretend that there weren't a ton of laker fans piling on the clippers and just a little salty about them getting more press than ever this season.

linsivvi

Hardly the only, but there were a ton of laker fans. I saw more than one LA is a clipper town, joke today posted by laker fans.

I know i was laughing my ass off when they were down 25 or what ever. Only too happy to admit it. won't have time to watch the game tonight, unfortunately.

But plenty of people specifically went after adam, when everyone knows he's been a long time clipper fan.

But no, lets pretend that there weren't a ton of laker fans piling on the clippers and just a little salty about them getting more press than ever this season.

When you claim a town is your town, you better back it up.

So when people claim LA is Clipper town now, and yet they finished the season with a worse record than the Lakers and losing the season series, they deserve the same shit people gave the Heat for not 1, not 2, not 3.

What happened today doesn't change that.

Start passing the salt when they get to the Finals.

Oh yeah, and let's pretend that Suns fans are not the saltiest bunch with stuff like "I'd rather die than to see Nash in a Laker uniform".

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Edit: Also, plenty is 1 or 2 now? And are you going to conveniently ignore the Laker fans who DIDN'T go after him? Like this guy?

Lol. adam, what i said was true for the first 3 quarters, But i believed in you're team when you'd already quit and abandoned gaf. How about you quote those? LOL

giri

When you claim a town is your town, you better back it up.

So when people claim LA is Clipper town now, and yet they finished the season with a worse record than the Lakers and losing the season series, they deserve the same shit people gave the Heat for not 1, not 2, not 3.

What happened today doesn't change that.

Start passing the salt when they get to the Finals.

Oh yeah, and let's pretend that Suns fans are not the saltiest bunch with stuff like "I'd rather die than to see Nash in a Laker uniform".

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Edit: Also, plenty is 1 or 2 now? And are you going to conveniently ignore the Laker fans who DIDN'T go after him? Like this guy?

Yeah, cause there's lots of laker fans that would delight in seeing kobe in a celtics jersey to finish out his career.

What a moronic come back.

There have long been rivalries, whether they only last for a decade, or much longer, seeing the other side get a lift up because your side goes down, is obviously going to be undesirable.

Clippers / Lakers are not what anyone would call long term rivals.

linsivvi

Yeah, cause there's lots of laker fans that would delight in seeing kobe in a celtics jersey to finish out his career.

What a moronic come back.

There have long been rivalries, whether they only last for a decade, or much longer, seeing the other side get a lift up because your side goes down, is obviously going to be undesirable.

Clippers / Lakers are not what anyone would call long term rivals.

The Celtics? I am spilling my drinks here. The Suns aren't even on the Spurs level and you dare use the Celtics as an example like they are even remotely similar? Who's the moron here?

The Suns in the last decade was a fraud team ran by a fraud coach who displayed an amazingly arrogant attitude towards a rebuilding and struggling Laker team. Yeah kick a man when he's down. Laugh at your opponent even when your team only understand how to play at half side of the basketball court. The Lakers won their revenge series and that's about it. The two franchise were never rivals.

Try again.

And as usual, you ignored all the other valid points and pick one line and say something half-intelligent. There are like around 30 Lakers regulars here, and there's no way everyone can have the same opinion on everything. Every time you Lakers-age this Lakers-age that when there are a couple posters with dissenting opinions, it doesn't reflect badly on Lakers-age, it actually reflects badly on you as a person.

giri

The Celtics? I am spilling my drinks here. The Suns aren't even on the Spurs level and you dare use the Celtics as an example like they are even remotely similar? Who's the moron here?

The Suns in the last decade was a fraud team ran by a fraud coach who displayed an amazingly arrogant attitude towards a rebuilding and struggling Laker team. Yeah kick a man when he's down. Laugh at your opponent even when your team only understand how to play at half side of the basketball court. The Lakers won their revenge series and that's about it. The two franchise were never rivals.

Try again.

And as usual, you ignored all the other valid points and pick one line and say something half-intelligent. There are like around 30 Lakers regulars here, and there's no way everyone can have the same opinion on everything. Every time you Lakers-age this Lakers-age that when there are a couple posters with dissenting opinions, it doesn't reflect badly on Lakers-age, it actually reflects badly on you as a person.

ahuh, for a fraud team they're sure wracking up a lot of your time here. And ask Kobe how he feels about the suns of the last decade?

Keep re-writing history though.

linsivvi

ahuh, for a fraud team they're sure wracking up a lot of your time here. And ask Kobe how he feels about the suns of the last decade?

Keep re-writing history though.

That he doesn't like them? That makes them a rival like the Celtics how?

Don't you need to at least make it out of the West to even be in the conversation?

You suck at this.

jjasper

Talk about over reaction. Switch hollins for who?

Oh I am not talking about firing him. Just hardly anyone ever questions any decisions he makes even when they are absolutely retarded. Its nice to finally have someone question his shittastic rotations and playcalling at the end of a game instead of praising everything he does.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That he doesn't like them? That makes them a rival like the Celtics how?

Don't you need to at least make it out of the West to even be in the conversation?

You suck at this.
how dare someone like their team just fucking because

goddamn dude

laker glory all up in this bitch

diehard

Fleer
yo clips ended up winning that?
No, Paul ended up winning that. His precision passes to open shooters and ability to pass to Evans on the pick and roll absolutely willed them to victory. He literally might as well have been Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom