• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirk has Perkins guessing on every play right now. So good.

Amnesty him. If a dude frigging breaks his own hand after the fricking game you have a player who is an idiot.

Not to mention Amare is perpetually injured.

Already used on Billups!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
They're still in a great position to get them.

Its just a *

It'll 'probably' be worth it if they get at least one of them, but it seems a shame to waste one of Dirk's last prime years for it.

Amnesty him. If a dude frigging breaks his own hand after the fricking game you have a player who is an idiot.

Not to mention Amare is perpetually injured.

What are the rules on the amnesty clause per year? Billups was their amnesty this year last; can you do one contract per year? I thought it was a one time out card.

Nice comeback from Dallas.

Dirk is amazing now that he's in shape, but it's a shame Dallas wasted the season for the chance to go after Williams / Howard.

Ehh, probably a smart gamble. Dirk looked pretty unmotivated in Eurobasket and other stuff and Chandler was injured a lot before. Would have been cool to see that core compete again though.

So when the Knicks lose this series Amare is done in New York.

Right?

No because he's untradeable.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It'll 'probably' be worth it if they get at least one of them, but it seems a shame to waste one of Dirk's last prime years for it.

What are the rules on the amnesty clause per year? Billups was their amnesty this year last; can you do one contract per year? I thought it was a one time out card.
You only get one. Period.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You get one.

Knicks already used it too

Ehh, probably a smart gamble. Dirk looked pretty unmotivated in Eurobasket and other stuff and Chandler was injured a lot before. Would have been cool to see that core compete again though.

We'll see.

I'm leaning toward thinking it was a terrible decision. They'd have won that game 1 with Tyson. They would have a legitimate shot at a championship, but they decided to throw it away..

pilonv1

Amnesty him.

billups.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
We'll see.

I'm leaning toward thinking it was a terrible decision. They'd have won that game 1 with Tyson. They would have a legitimate shot at a championship, but they decided to throw that away..
Because TDs * ring had so much value.

We'll see.

I'm leaning toward thinking it was a terrible decision. They'd have won that game 1 with Tyson. They would have a legitimate shot at a championship, but they decided to throw it away..

With Dirk and Chandler playing really well without injuries, I don't like it now either, but I can definitely see the reasons for going in this direction and I would have agreed with it before the season.

How is this close? Marion can't do anything right, Kidd missing layups, Terry invisible, Carter trying out for the senior tour, Fish styling...7 point game.

Emwitus

And i'm convinced mavs would have atleast repeated with last year's supporting cast. Man, these guys never panic. Dirk, kidd and terry.

linsivvi

We'll see.

They still wouldn't be repeating even if they kept Chandler, and it's not like they are tanking this season. Just remain somewhat competitive while waiting to sign somebody big in the summer. And if Odom played to his last season's level, they would've been a top 4 seed.

giri

Really what was the thinking there?

Get rid of Billups guys! We have post surgery Baron!

And if that somehow fails we have the immortal mike bibby!

Dear Lord.

The thinking was, get Tyson. Great C to put along side Amare.

d'antonis system needs a PG though.

It's great to see Dirk have 20 points at half, feels like a game from last year, I just don't see how the Mavs will be able to pull it out with the jokes they throw out at the center position. I'm worried that even if we do get Dwill, we won't have the money to improve at the 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom