• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Dirk and Chandler playing really well without injuries, I don't like it now either, but I can definitely see the reasons for going in this direction and I would have agreed with it before the season.

I never really agreed with it. Feels like they got caught up in the superteam hysteria. Even if they miraculously got either Deron or Dwight, there is no guarantee that the chemistry between superstars will pan out, and throwing away a prime Dirk year is folly. Furthermore, Chandler and Dirk's games mesh so damn perfectly. They are made for each other. Dirk has needed a guy like Tyson his whole career and they let him get away at a very reasonable price.

I don't think its ever a right decision to blow up a championship core. In a shortened season with no training camp, the best team of the previous season has a major advantage. Dallas didn't take advantage and now they are going to pay for it. If they don't get Deron, history will look at this entire ordeal very unfavorably.

Really what was the thinking there?

Get rid of Billups guys! We have post surgery Baron!

And if that somehow fails we have the immortal mike bibby!

Dear Lord.

Billups shot what, 35% before he went down for the year? Yeah, I think that was $14 million better spent on a decent center.

RBH

Fire extinguisher Amare punched was in a hallway between the Knicks locker room and the court. Blood on carpet http://pic.twitter.com/0R0Epm3D
https://twitter.com/#!/Rachel__Nichols/status/197155793773142016/photo/1

ArxwJl2CIAEvf9c.jpg

I never really agreed with it. Feels like they got caught up in the superteam hysteria. Even if they miraculously got either Deron or Dwight, there is no guarantee that the chemistry between superstars will pan out, and throwing away a prime Dirk year is folly. Furthermore, Chandler and Dirk's games mesh so damn perfectly. They are made for each other. Dirks needed a guy like Tyson his whole career and they let him get away at a very reasonable price.

I don't think its ever a right decision to blow up a championship core. In a shortened season with no training camp, the best team of the previous season has a major advantage. Dallas didn't take advantage and now they are going to pay for it. If they don't get Deron, history will look at this entire ordeal very unfavorably.
I was just thinking about that....Who the hell are they planning on putting at center? Even with Deron, you need a great C to cover for Dirk...

Canuck76

Banned
Would anyone when mad punch a fire extinguisher?

I mean anyone in this thread. A locker, the ball, uhh frigging annoying press person.

Anything really would be better

Emwitus

I never really agreed with it. Feels like they got caught up in the superteam hysteria. Even if they miraculously got either Deron or Dwight, there is no guarantee that the chemistry between superstars will pan out, and throwing away a prime Dirk year is folly. Furthermore, Chandler and Dirk's games mesh so damn perfectly. They are made for each other. Dirk has needed a guy like Tyson his whole career and they let him get away at a very reasonable price.

THIS. If dirk never wins a ring again that will be the reason. I still think it was a stupid move. I wonder how dirk feels about it? Health is never gauranteed and at his age it'd pretty dumb if he agreed to waiting around while cuban get's more pieces but whatevs maybe they can draw in dwight in the offseason or something.

Baron
Fields
Melo
Jeffries
Chandler

Bibby
JR
Novak
Harrellson
Jerome Jordan

---------
Lin
Shump
Amar''''

What a line-up. Sans 3 starters.

yep, injuries really fucked us in the poop hole this season. you also forgot gadzuric though i wonder wtf was the point of signing him so late if he wont ever get minutes. theres also toney D

fields should come off the bench and have novak start. even though wed have 4 men defending, novak could at least make some buckets unlike fields

Would anyone when mad punch a fire extinguisher?

I mean anyone in this thread. A locker, the ball, uhh frigging annoying press person.

Anything really would be better
Considering how much pressure it contains its borderline retarded. I dont think he hit the actual extinguisher though.

giri

Except dallas had ALOT of expirings and it was bit of a miracle run. They had Brrea and Stevenson to pay. And Chandler basically got a max contract from NY. And chandler has had a mixed injury history.

It wasn't the worst decision ever.

But if they don't get Deron or Dwight then it will look like pure folly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom