• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is that different from a Lebron James possession?

He hasn't done it as much this year!

But we will see when we're playing a defense by a team that doesn't have flu-ed up Chandler and everyone else wearing a jersey that says "New York" on it

how could i forget about this?
untitled-1hnbhc.gif

I still can't make out what he's saying. "Come on! blarghakljawer!"

NBA DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR VOTING RESULTS

Tyson Chandler, New York Knicks: 45-25-11--311
Serge Ibaka, Oklahoma City Thunder: 41-24-17--294
Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic: 18-23-27--186
LeBron James, Miami Heat: 7-19-20--112
Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics 2-9-7--44

Tony Allen, Memphis Grizzlies: 4-3-7--36
Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia 76ers: 1-7-7--33
Shawn Marion, Dallas Mavericks: 2-2-1--17
Luol Deng, Chicago Bulls: 1-2-5--16
Josh Smith, Atlanta Hawks: 0-2-3--9

Joakim Noah, Chicago Bulls: 0-2-0--6
Marc Gasol, Memphis Grizzlies: 0-1-2--5
Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers: 0-1-2--5
Avery Bradley, Boston Celtics: 0-0-2--2
Mike Conley, Memphis Grizzlies: 0-0-2--2

Grant Hill, Phoenix Suns: 0-0-2--2
Iman Shumpert, New York Knicks: 0-0-2--2
Greg Monroe, Detroit Pistons: 0-0-1--1
Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat: 0-0-1--1
Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder: 0-0-1--1

Wade. Conley. Hill.

LOL.

NBA DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR VOTING RESULTS

Tyson Chandler, New York Knicks: 45-25-11--311
Serge Ibaka, Oklahoma City Thunder: 41-24-17--294
Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic: 18-23-27--186
LeBron James, Miami Heat: 7-19-20--112
Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics 2-9-7--44

Tony Allen, Memphis Grizzlies: 4-3-7--36
Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia 76ers: 1-7-7--33
Shawn Marion, Dallas Mavericks: 2-2-1--17
Luol Deng, Chicago Bulls: 1-2-5--16
Josh Smith, Atlanta Hawks: 0-2-3--9

Joakim Noah, Chicago Bulls: 0-2-0--6
Marc Gasol, Memphis Grizzlies: 0-1-2--5
Chris Paul, L.A. Clippers: 0-1-2--5
Avery Bradley, Boston Celtics: 0-0-2--2
Mike Conley, Memphis Grizzlies: 0-0-2--2

Grant Hill, Phoenix Suns: 0-0-2--2
Iman Shumpert, New York Knicks: 0-0-2--2
Greg Monroe, Detroit Pistons: 0-0-1--1
Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat: 0-0-1--1
Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder: 0-0-1--1

Wade. Conley. Hill.

LOL.

wat

jjasper

Only reason Conley is on there is because of people seeing his steal numbers and not watching him. Although I guess that isnt much different than Ibaka being on there for shot blocking.

Canuck76

Banned
I'm not going to say Ibaka should be top 3 DPOY candidate, but you can't rule out the blocks either. Kid does do pretty well in the defensive rebounding sometimes as well.

I could see in 2 or 3 years if he puts a steady focus on rebounding and man defense he could get it. But he shouldn't be considered above Lebron and Garnett and those other top tier guys.

No way in hell he should be above Howard in voting.

Was around two first-place votes away from winning it as well, wtf.

Hollinger is in shock over the Greg Monroe DPotY vote someone gave out, lol.

LMAO!!!!!!

I don't think that person watched the same 60ish games as me (Or it's a troll vote).

Monroe's defense is awful. He doesn't protect the basket and he gets backed down in the post a lot.

His defense sucks so much that when the Pistons needed a stop in crunch time he was benched for the corpse of Ben Wallace.

Someone should lose his ability to vote..........

They really need to make the voters' choices public

I wish it were so.

The Monroe vote is so nonsensical unless it's a detroit media person, which it just has to be. In which case this shit should be outed.

Man, Ibaka got overrated so fast.

Shawn Marion with barely any votes..... SMH

He landed where he should have. As a wing defender, he wasn't better than Iggy or Allen.

Omega

Banned
Ibaka is overrated as a defender, but maybe he has an impact on the game? I don't watch the Thunder so I wouldn't know. A lot of the times shot blockers make teams settle for jumpers more, or when they drive in they force shots because they don't want to get blocked.

I thought LeFlop should have won it but since GP is the last perimeter defender to win it, obviously voters give it to whoever averages the most BPG and/or RPG.

Edit - Sorry, forgot about Captain Elbow aka I beat up fans aka Ron Artest

Canuck76

Banned
Ibaka is overrated as a defender, but maybe he has an impact on the game? I don't watch the Thunder so I wouldn't know. A lot of the times shot blockers make teams settle for jumpers more, or when they drive in they force shots because they don't want to get blocked.

I thought LeFlop should have won it but since GP is the last perimeter defender to win it, obviously voters give it to whoever averages the most BPG and/or RPG.

He's a great weakside/help defender. He'll come over well and block a shot of someone who's coming toward the rim. But man to man he's not super and neither is his defensive rebounding.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Or when Shaq didn't get a vote from someone in 2000. Iverson getting the lone vote was lol that season.

I remember when Chuck Swersky was the lone media member that refused to give Brandon Roy a ROTY vote. He gave it to Bargnani instead. His reasoning? Bargnani had a clutch moment his rookie year. He worked for the Raptors at the time.

And Bruce Bowen.

Ibaka isn't a negative on the court, just that his defense is DPOY worthy or close to it. Good weakside help defender but is too aggressive at it and his man D is below average.

I remember when Chuck Swersky was the lone media member that refused to give Brandon Roy a ROTY vote. He gave it to Bargnani instead. His reasoning? Bargnani had a clutch moment his rookie year. He worked for the Raptors at the time.

lol.

Even Shumpert, a rookie, got votes.
I'm gonna miss that kid. :(

GG to Tyson...made the Knicks an above-average (statistically, a top 5 for some reason :x) defense all by himself. Amazing season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom