• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

So awesome, now I get to wait three god damn days for the next game. Heat unable to sweep Philly last year either. Why the hell are the NY/MIA games so far apart? Thank you NY for drawing out this shit series even longer.

lmao whatever helps you sleep better at night.

Can't wait for Wednesday when the cHeat don't even take a shot and just win via forfeit because all of our players are going to foul out before halftime. If cHeat fans are that mad about refs "screwing" them, then the MIArefs are going to be in full force.
wat... idonteven.

Tom Penny is being sarcastic, dude. C'mon don't pull this QUAD L shit.

Sky ain't falling not sure where I said that debate sensai.

But Miami should have won by double digits without breaking a sweat. Knicks as currently constructed are the worst team in the playoffs by a country mile.

Knicks would beat the jazz, sixers, and possibly the roseless bulls in a series. MIA just didn't care till the end. Its really not serious at all.

Edit: Add the Magic

No shit. When the lanes are remotely open & he drives to the basket, the Knicks either foul him or he makes an easy basket. They have nothing to stop him.
In fairness, they have nothing to stop Wade more than LeBron. Wade just lost the ball and stagnation from the other players killed Wade.
Jazz could beat the current knicks in a 7 game series. A contender should sweep them no problem. Knicks are missing so many guys it's really a joke that they won a single game.
By current you mean no Shump and B-Diddy? Also 1-handed Amar'e?

Beezy

GfKSD.gif
GfKSD.gif
Lmao where is this from?

Sky ain't falling not sure where I said that debate sensai.

But Miami should have won by double digits without breaking a sweat. Knicks as currently constructed are the worst team in the playoffs by a country mile.
Well, this is completely false. The Knicks, even after sustaining injuries, is a better team top-down than Orlando, Indiana, the Sixers, the Bulls without Rose, and probably the Jazz as well.

Knicks would beat the jazz, sixers, and possibly the roseless bulls in a series. MIA just didn't care till the end. Its really not serious at all.

you are so dum

fo real

you can't take away the starting PG, back up PG and starting Sg from any team and not expect them to be shit. Not to mention seriously wounding the starting PF.

Spurs with no Parker, Mills, Green and Td with one hand would be considered sitting ducks.

In fairness, they have nothing to stop Wade more than LeBron. Wade just lost the ball and stagnation from the other players killed Wade.

By current you mean no Shump and B-Diddy? Also 1-handed Amar'e?

Yes. Knicks full health are good, as is they should have been swept.

@Shadowlurk: your team not caring in a close out game is a serious thing debate guru.

kamspy

The Knicks won a MOTHERFUCKING PLAYOFF GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is like a championship for me. Being a Bengals, UC and Knicks fan, it's hard to get sunshine.

This is the greatest day in the history of athletics.

you are so dum

fo real

you can't take away the starting PG, back up PG and starting Sg from any team and not expect them to be shit. Not to mention seriously wounding the starting PF.

Spurs with no Parker, Mills, Green and Td with one hand would be considered sitting ducks.
I feel like you're overstating the loss of Shumpert and Baron. The team is nominally better defensively with Shumpert, but both him and Baron are chuckers without even remotely reliable jumpshots. They're also both turnover prone. Clearly, the Knicks are better with them on the floor, but not overwhelmingly so.

you are so dum

fo real

Even without those guys they are still better than those teams I just mentioned.

Nori Chan

my friend is telling me that lebron is more clutch than wade with statistics and blames the media for saying wade is clutch

i smell lollinger

I'm not really panicking. This isn't going to affect what happens later, but I'm definitely pissed we couldn't extend their misery

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Heat shouldn't lose a game til the finals.

Ugh

And I had so many broom gifs

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Probably the least worrying playoff loss in history. If anything this helps keep us loose for when the rest of the East catches up to us for round 2.

my friend is telling me that lebron is more clutch than wade with statistics and blames the media for saying wade is clutch

i smell lollinger
LeBron was very much better than Wade in this game when it mattered most. Him driving to the hole and scoring with a foul was something largely absent in his fourth quarter repertoire the past few years. Had he been that aggressive in the Finals last year, we wouldn't be having any conversations about LeBron's mental fortitude in the clutch. It is simply a matter of sustaining that hardiness and grit for the rest of the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom