• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i were the thunder i think i would rather play the lakers than the nuggets. i feel like the thunder will run circles around the lakers but with the nuggets it would be strength vs. strength

DominoKid

goddamn the rest of this team aside from Kobe is so sometimey.
that's why Kobe goes Kome.
can't trust em.
bynum ho ass thought this would be easy lmao. he's got so much to learn. and so much growing up to do.

Was almost ready to cue the Daigocomeback gif...

Kenny walker killed us tonight..Mychael Thomson called McGee Mini Admiral.
Blake prob gonna get his papers after the season..Miller trolled him all night...Back to Denver...ugh...

if i were the thunder i think i would rather play the lakers than the nuggets. i feel like the thunder will run circles around the lakers but with the nuggets it would be strength vs. strength

OKC almost swept them last year and they were better last year. It's a terrible matchup because Ibaka gets to help defend off of Faried.

Plus they have no one to guard Westbrook or Durant other than Afflalo. They would go off on Denver.

Lakers will close out in Denver, anyway. I think I even mentioned that Lakers would have the rare road close out.

thekad

Banned
Lakers need someone who can make shots in crunch time. Someone like...

derek-fisher.jpg

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
This loss really is disgusting though.

Close out game AT HOME.
McGee beasting on us AGAIN.
Bynum talking shit and then playing with no enthusiasm.
Pau playing like last year Pau.
Blake getting abused by Miller AGAIN.
Totally wasted the Ghost of 06 Kobe.
Second round opponents still resting.

Just fucking pathetic all around. Reminds me a lot of that Rockets series a few years ago. We had a chance to close this bitch out and we came with NO ENTHUSIASM. Shit just amazes... all they needed to do was give a fuck for 48 minutes one more time and they couldn't do it. Just amazing.

The real bitch of the thing is that the Nuggets didn't even play THAT great tonight. A lot of their main guys didn't even do shit. Absolutely disgusting performance by the Lakers. I have no hope for game 6, and after this bullshit, why would anyone?

Love Mike Brown rotation logic.

Game 1: Standard lineup - Blowout win
Game 2: Standard lineup - 20+ point lead, came close but fairly easy win.
Game 3: 2PG Lineup - Blowout loss, trailed entire game at one point the score was 41 - 17
Game 4: 2PG Lineup - Very close win, behind for most of game, only won due to lucky 3 pointers.
Game 5: 2PG Lineup - Close loss only due to 06 Kobe checking in. Trailed for entire game.
Game 6: Why Not Mike keeps 2 PG Lineup.

chris palmer ‏ @ESPNChrisPalmer
Is Andre Miller a Hall of Famer? I say yes.

LOLOLOL Your massive overreaction from Chris Palmer, everyone.

Love Mike Brown rotation logic.

Game 1: Standard lineup - Blowout win
Game 2: Standard lineup - 20+ point lead, came close but fairly easy win.
Game 3: 2PG Lineup - Blowout loss, trailed entire game at one point the score was 41 - 17
Game 4: 2PG Lineup - Very close win, behind for most of game, only won due to lucky 3 pointers.
Game 5: 2PG Lineup - Close loss only due to 06 Kobe checking in. Trailed for entire game.
Game 6: Why Not Mike keeps 2 PG Lineup.

Didn't Blake close out in game 2, too?

This loss really is disgusting though.

Close out game AT HOME.
McGee beasting on us AGAIN.
Bynum talking shit and then playing with no enthusiasm.
Pau playing like last year Pau.
Blake getting abused by Miller AGAIN.
Totally wasted the Ghost of 06 Kobe.
Second round opponents still resting.

Just fucking pathetic all around. Reminds me a lot of that Rockets series a few years ago. We had a chance to close this bitch out and we came with NO ENTHUSIASM. Shit just amazes... all they needed to do was give a fuck for 48 minutes one more time and they couldn't do it. Just amazing.

The real bitch of the thing is that the Nuggets didn't even play THAT great tonight. A lot of their main guys didn't even do shit. Absolutely disgusting performance by the Lakers. I have no hope for game 6, and after this bullshit, why would anyone?

The only factor of rest that you can bring up is OKC getting too much. If this goes 7 (please no), the earliest game 1 would start is Monday? The last time they played was last Saturday. That's the only chance the Lakers will have going there for the first 2 games. Either way, they're young and too fast.

Blake was kind of open on that last shot by Kobe. If he wasn't hot, I might have preferred a pass there

Honestly, I thought Kobe was trying to draw the double off Blake to hit him, but the man wouldn't commit to the double. Blake wasn't open enough to justify the pass but I think Kobe was looking for it.

In the end, Pau was the worst Laker and deserves most of the blame.

If Bynum and Gasol had any pride whatsoever, they'd go to sleep tonight committing mental seppuku because they should feel ashamed beyond words. They both got abused in that game one-on-one and on help.

Cloudy

Banned
In the end, Pau was the worst Laker and deserves most of the blame.

Don't forget Barnes. Kobe got us within 3 at the end of the 3rd and he almost single-handedly stretched it back to 12 with his poor/dumb play

Ramon 3/12
Pau 4/11
Barnes 5/14

Offense did them in this game. They still controlled tempo and boards, mostly. Turnovers and FTs were a draw. Nobody could hit a shot (until the end) and they didn't establish themselves inside, at all.

Can't have your 2-4 in shot attempts shoot that bad.

Don't forget Barnes. Kobe got us within 3 at the end of the 3rd and he almost single-handedly stretched it back to 12 with his poor/dumb play

Yeah, but at least he made SOME plays earlier in the game. pau did nothing. at all. He was what, 1/10 at some point?

Ramon was pretty mediocre too

yeah, but lawson did nothing against him. He did something.

Everyone but Kobe did jack shit on O, but Pau was especially bad.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I'm more pissed at our bigs more than anyone really.

You talk shit and/or don't show up? Then you allow your opponent to feast on you all night? I mean.. what in the fuck is that shit?? Just utterly inexcusable.

Man.. this game absolutely killed my passion as a fan this season. Absolutely annihilated it. I couldn't care less about game 6. Even if we manage to win I still wont give a shit. Until we take a game in OKC I'm done having any type of genuine hype or enthusiasm for this fucking team. I just want to watch and get it over with now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm more pissed at our bigs more than anyone really.

You talk shit and/or don't show up? Then you allow your opponent to feast on you all night? I mean.. what in the fuck is that shit?? Just utterly inexcusable.

Man.. this game absolutely killed my passion as a fan this season. Absolutely annihilated it. I couldn't care less about game 6. Even if we manage to win I still wont give a shit. Until we take a game in OKC I'm done having any type of genuine hype or enthusiasm for this fucking team. I just want to watch and get it over with now.

I think Bynum really thought they were gonna roll over. It's the only logical explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom