• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gimme CP3 over stockton any day.

Depends. If you have a team that is lacking a true leader and you need a PG who will score, then yea, I'd agree. But if you have a team that includes four of the greats of all time, you just need a guy who knows how to get them the ball and that can play some nice defense. That is Stockton or Magic.

Canuck76

Banned
Depends. If you have a team that is lacking a true leader and you need a PG who will score, then yea, I'd agree. But if you have a team that includes four of the greats of all time, you just need a guy who knows how to get them the ball and that can play some nice defense. That is Stockton or Magic.

I agree i think you need a guy that's more of QB pg. I think i would go Nash in that sense because of his shooting percentages and assists averages. Defense is also a factor so Kidd could edge him out in that regard.

giri

Kidd.

Kidd has the 3rd most 3pt shots made.

has shot .350 his career (much better towards the end)

Has the 2nd most Assists ever (Behind Stockton)

Plays very solid System defense and Man D.

And has the 2nd most Steals (Behind Stockton)

I say Kidd over Stockton because it makes the team big and physical. But i also think he's a better spot up shooter. And you need that with those other 4 playing.

But yea, if I had to select one person not named Michael Jordan to make a last second shot its Kobe Bryant. I may even choose Kobe over Michael in that situation.

Edit: Also, Bish or Ace, can you just change my tag already. It's really annoying having a tag that is linked to a removed youtube video. Come on brosefs.

SUPREME1

Banned
Kidd.

Kidd has the 3rd most 3pt shots made.

has shot .350 his career (much better towards the end)

Has the 2nd most Assists ever (Behind Stockton)

Plays very solid System defense and Man D.

And has the 2nd most Steals (Behind Stockton)

I say Kidd over Stockton because it makes the team big and physical. But i also think he's a better spot up shooter. And you need that with those other 4 playing.

Kidd a better spot up shooter than Stockton?

Que?

giri

Kidd a better spot shooter than Stockton?

Que?

I aint going to lie, i never got to see much of stockton operate.

Not saying he was bad, his 3pt % was good for his career, but i don't know how much of that was ball in hand, versus spot up.

Kidd has become very good at spot up, catch and shoot, shooting.

SUPREME1

Banned

Not saying he was bad, his 3pt % was good for his career, but i don't know how much of that was ball in hand, versus spot up.

Kidd has become a decent shotter at the end of his career. Stockton could shoot throughout his career and was pretty clutch.

But yeah, it doesn't matter. Magic is the only choice at PG when you absolutely, positively, must save the Earth.

Stock was very good at spot up and great GREAT with ball in hand on the break. My goodness.

I would make a 1-6 lineup of just Laker greats but I'm tired.

Magic
Kobe
Shaq
Kareem
Baylor

West

Magic
West
Kareem
Worthy
Baylor

Kobe

Stockton would make you pay for going under screens. That's why his pick and roll was unstoppable.

Harper
Starks
Houston
Johnson
Sprewell

Mason

probably.

i have no clue what we're listing

spithotfire-o.gif

thekad

Banned
I would take Kyrie Irving over Stockton.

CP3
Jeffrey
Pippen
Dirk
Hakeem

Lebron

Having MJ and Hakeem on the same team sort of makes the rest arbitrary.

Well... I'll make sure to wear these for the meet up

white-short-shorts-300x300.jpg

ffs dude.
im going to wear a steel girdle for the meetup.

Finally I got some fact to prove that any lineup with Steve Blake is garbage especially when they play Blake and Sessions together. Replacing Blake with Barnes or Ebanks makes the Lakers much more effective.

http://basketballvalue.com/topunits.php?year=2012%20playoffs&sortnumber=10&sortorder=DESC

in mike brown's defense...
BrownOpenMouth.gif

There's more to a team than just assembling pure talent. If talent won titles the cHeat wouldn't have lost to Dirk & Friends last year.

That 5 meshed together perfectly. I have Hakeem as my 6th man because he's the greatest center ever. Who would you pick then?

Magic
MJ
Pippen
Duncan
Kareem/Shaq

6th Man: Kobe

Just for LA:

Magic
Kobe
Shaq
Kareem
Worthy

West

Can you imagine Magic on the fastbreak with Kemp, Dr J, and Kobe? my god.

Kemp/Dream hi-low
Magic or stockton pic n roll with Dream/Kemp/Dr.J
Kobe/Dream two man game
Kobe Iso blow bys turning into drop offs to Kemp/Dream

I can only imagine dream shakes turning into Dream to Kemp oops.

I came.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom