• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alrix

"Yeah, I know a little bit about Mike," Wade said, smiling, Wednesday morning at American Airlines Arena. "I know Mike has made more shots in this series than he made all last year. Send that to Mike [laughs]."

That wasn't the first time Wade gave Bibby a hard time. Rewind to Game 2. With the score tied at 29 with 9:42 remaining in the second quarter, Wade and Bibby got tied up underneath the basket during a rebound opportunity. That led to Wade's signature Jordan Brand sneakers stepping on, and removing in the process, one of Bibby's shoes from the same company.

Bibby didn't realize it at first, but Wade did looking down. That's when the Heat All-Star actually picked it up and threw it to his team's bench. Bibby looked at him stunned, as Wade gave him a blank (but playful) stare as he backpedaled to the other end of the court.

However, Bibby, who was Wade's teammate last season, didn't appear to be amused, because the Knicks proceeded up the court (with no clock stoppage), and the situation further delayed his ability to get back on offense.

"Yeah, I surprised him," Wade said, smiling, during his postgame press conference. "I don't think many people have done that before [laughs]."

One local reporter was dying to know, D-Wade, where did the play rank among your favorite in the game?

"[laughs] I don't know. I've never done that before, but it was fun," Wade said. "A little messing with Mike. We're both with the same brand, too, so I told him he should have my shoe on. That's why I threw it. But it's cool. All good, all fun."

d-bag

how is a stare both blank and playful at the same time?

Omega

Banned
d-bag

how is a stare both blank and playful at the same time?

They have to try to not make him sound like such a dick.

I've never liked Wade, and things like this show why he's such an asshole but for some reason, it's never portrayed.

dvdjamm

Holy shit,lol

AsbK867CMAAaIWn.jpg:large

scaled.php

Alrix

They have to try to not make him sound like such a dick.

I've never liked Wade, and things like this show why he's such an asshole but for some reason, it's never portrayed.

Yeah they just add in [laughs] everywhere and shit. Just a little messing with him? he's gotta know that it should have been a technical or something lol. I feel kinda bad for bibby, especially with that first line about making shots

T Dollarz

You need to craft a starting line-up with a sixth man to win a basketball game to save the world. Who you got? (current and retired players)

Yeah they just add in [laughs] everywhere and shit. Just a little messing with him? he's gotta know that it should have been a technical or something lol. I feel kinda bad for bibby, especially with that first line about making shots

Would be nice if Bibby can conjure some of his former skills for tonight's game. Bibsanity

Dwayne Wade said:
"Yeah, I know a little bit about Mike," Wade said, smiling, Wednesday morning at American Airlines Arena. "I know Mike has made more shots in this series than he made all last year. Send that to Mike [laughs]."

I mean he may be an asshole, but he's not wrong here.

The M.O.B

"I know Mike has made more shots in this series than he made all last year. Send that to Mike [laughs]."

Truff, we were better off with Carlos Arroyo. Whats worse is that Spo gave Bibby the starting PG spot through the entire playoffs until Game 6 in the finals in which it was too late despite Bibby being garbage all the way through.

Alrix

I mean he may be an asshole, but he's not wrong here.

Yeah but how often do players come out and talk shit about each other like that? especially ex-teammates? like they'd normally say something like "he's shooting the ball really well this series" or something politically correct like that. like the way every single player calls a team they just beat a "tough team" or something like that.

not saying he's wrong, just that he's a dick lol

Alrix

"I don't think he's flopping," Evans said. "He's not the flopping type of guy, in my opinion. I think he really gets fouls. You think of a flop, you think of something like what (Pau) Gasol or (Danilo) Gallinari do. That's a flop. But Chris is getting fouled."

Evans has been cited as one of the Clippers' most egregious offenders, and he hardly deflected the accusation.

"People say I flop a lot," Evans said. "I pick my moments.

fucking lol.

KingGondo

Banned
The Nets actually have a brighter potential future than the Knicks if they're able to re-sign Deron.

I doubt they'll actually capitalize on that potential, but the Knicks ain't winning shit with Melo and Amar'e.

The Nets actually have a brighter potential future than the Knicks if they're able to re-sign Deron.

I doubt they'll actually capitalize on that potential, but the Knicks ain't winning shit with Melo and Amar'e.

So you're saying the Nets have no future? Deron will be on the Mavs.

Gabyskra

Banned

I don't see a single scenario in which the Nets go beyond the 1st round. Not saying the Knicks will for sure, but i'm pretty sure if they were just a little bit more injury free and had some more stability all season long (Lin from day 1, no coaching change, etc), they would have gone to the 2nd round. Their late season pace (18-6) showed that teams like Indy, etc, were not better. Not that there's a second round trophy any where, but the Nets can not get to that level, I'm sorry, unless Brook Lopez turns into Tyson Chandler, and well, they become attractive to Deron and FAs.

Omega

Banned
There are better 4s and 5s than Barkley and Ewing.

There's more to a team than just assembling pure talent. If talent won titles the cHeat wouldn't have lost to Dirk & Friends last year.

That 5 meshed together perfectly. I have Hakeem as my 6th man because he's the greatest center ever. Who would you pick then?

KingGondo

Banned
Deron has to be thrilled to want to stay with a team because he has Gerald Wallace and Brook Lopez. They may be challenging for the 11th spot in the East next year.
At the same time, the Nets have a much better chance to sign Dwight than the Mavs do. I'm not saying the Nets are hugely appealing, but the new arena, unis, and whatnot have to at least have some pull. Not like there are a ton of options out there in free agency anyways.

My original point stands anyways. Even if Deron leaves, I'd rather have tons of cap room than the mess that is the Knicks roster. Melo isn't a winner, Amar'e is physically and emotionally fragile, and Tyson Chandler is the only truly valuable player on that roster.

T Dollarz

There's more to a team than just assembling pure talent. If talent won titles the cHeat wouldn't have lost to Dirk & Friends last year.

That 5 meshed together perfectly. I have Hakeem as my 6th man because he's the greatest center ever. Who would you pick then?

-Chris Paul
-Michael Jordan
-Lebron James
-Tim Duncan
-Hakeem Olajuwon

--Kobe Bryant

T Dollarz

You know that Lebron, despite Bird's will to win, would destroy Larry on both the offensive and defensive end. Tim Duncan would abuse Barkley in the post. And Hakeem, well, we know what he did to Pat. Kobe off the bench is immediate scoring. Only discrepancy is Magic probably manhandling CP3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom