• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT| Tanks for the Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

The Miami/NY game was a travesty of officiating...all the 50/50 calls went MIA way and of course the BS flopping by Lebron. KG sets that screen 5 times a game,.

The Rose/Shumpert situation blows. I think we all hoped this wouldn't be an asterisk playoffs, but it clearly is.

I wanted the Knicks to win but wouldn't have had a problem if they lost. I enjoyed the first quarter of the game even though they were down by 9 because i like basketball and it was a competitive game even though Melo was cold. Then the refs decided to let Miami win. It's disappointing as a fan of basketball, especially since a "strong performance" is now hard to distinguish between quality basketball and a player flopping.

Pacers/Magic is the first entertaining game of the playoffs, sad times.

JambiBum

I like how for the Bulls game updates ESPN talks about Rose's knee, and then with the Knicks game there is no mention of Shumpert's. Just Lebron scoring 32.

giri

You know, this could be a good thing for rose. He gets to heal up his back problems properly now too. And he's going to be missing time next year, if not the season, so he can spend a ton of extra time working on his stroke too.

This could actually lengthen his career.

You know, this could be a good thing for rose. He gets to heal up his back problems properly now too. And he's going to be missing time next year, if not the season, so he can spend a ton of extra time working on his stroke too.

That's easy to say as a Suns fan.

Duki

Banned

or he never regains his speed and becomes a shell of his former self until he is picked up as the sixth man shooting guard for the phoenix suns as a 32 year old and averages 17 points a game for two seasons

giri

or he never regains his speed and becomes a shell of his former self until he is picked up as the sixth man shooting guard for the phoenix suns as a 32 year old and averages 17 points a game for two seasons

I think he'll bounce back with all his speed. Guy is a work-a-holic, his recovery should be fine.

But yes, if he wanted to do it properly he should come to the suns.

No. Injuries are never good.

dabig2

That sucks about Shumpert as well.

It's really weird how 2 Chicago-born guards both tore their ACLs today. Take care of those knees Wade...

DJ88

Holy shit at Shumpert too. God damn I feel awful for him and Rose. Just got caught up on the posts during the Knicks/Heat and my god everyone here just loves to jump Heat-age over anything. Everyone here knows that if the roles were reversed and James had done that to Chandler, everybody here would be screaming "James is such a punk!" "Such a bitch move!" "Easily a flagrant!" it's pretty sickening. Even with the other questionable calls by the refs, you can't ignore the turnovers, and the Miami defense holding New York to a record tying low point total in the playoffs.

FEAR JAMMER

am I doing it right dream?

Mk1uf.gif

BobLoblaw

Banned

He's going to need to completely change his play style. The way that he plays right now is killing him. He's gonna have to start playing like a true PG or something like a CP3 or Rondo. He's gonna need to be a facilitator a lot more, especially because of a torn ACL. I doubt he'll ever be the same explosive player ever again.

JambiBum

? Are you really comparing Shumpert's popularity to the reigning MVP's?

No, I'm saying that I think they are both big news items. Shumpert going out hurts the Knicks significantly. I wasn't saying that Rose shouldn't be the focus of the update, he definitely should be. To not even mention Shumpert's injury is bullshit though.

Holy shit at Shumpert too. God damn I feel awful for him and Rose. Just got caught up on the posts during the Knicks/Heat and my god everyone here just loves to jump Heat-age over anything. Everyone here knows that if the roles were reversed and James had done that to Chandler, everybody here would be screaming "James is such a punk!" "Such a bitch move!" "Easily a flagrant!" it's pretty sickening. Even with the other questionable calls by the refs, you can't ignore the turnovers, and the Miami defense holding New York to a record tying low point total in the playoffs.

Congrats Heatle. You will win your second *championship. Enjoy it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Paul George?

Paul George.
No, I'm saying that I think they are both big news items. Shumpert going out hurts the Knicks significantly. I wasn't saying that Rose shouldn't be the focus of the update, he definitely should be. To not even mention Shumpert's injury is bullshit though.
Not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom