• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got cut off on the dribble because his handles are average not because he lacks quickness. He has really good quickness, especially laterally and shows it on defense.

Anyone that thinks this trade was made for Kmart is crazy. They gonna let Martin walk in the offseason. Lamb was the target of this trade. As long as Lamb comes in and plays defense and knocks down the 3 this trade will be good for OKC.

Lamb was the 12th pick. The chances are really slim that he'll be anywhere near as good as Harden. This was a horrible trade for the Thunder.

Canuck76

Banned
I love this trade, gives Lakers a greater chance at getting a chip in the 2 year window despite having coach clown.

This. I don't even know if they're a lock for WCF. Grizzlies, Clippers, Nuggets

You got some teams to go through before you even have to target the lakers

And now your lacking some firepower

charsace

Lamb was the 12th pick. The chances are really slim that he'll be anywhere near as good as Harden. This was a horrible trade for the Thunder.

Lamb was 12th pick because his team sucked. He was the best sg prospect in this draft and one of the few guys that has star potential.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Really don't know how I feel about this fucking rockets were on the way to a lottery pick and still will be with harden... Had kmarts deal coming off the books too...

MEH

I'm honestly confused by Morey, Les and just fucking everything with this team now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Lamb was 12th pick because his team sucked. He was the best sg prospect in this draft and one of the few guys that has star potential.

Having potential and realizing that potential are two different things. Could he be that good some day, maybe. But the Thunder a team thats trying to chip right now is suddenly banking on a 20 year old rook? It's best describe as ballsy at best and utterly moronic at worst. I don't even know how you can argue that they didn't take a huge step back this year. Maybe Presti has some more moves in the works because this deal doesn't make a ton of sense right now.

It's ridiculous to say he's going to be as good as Harden when he hasn't played a minute in the league yet.

BobLoblaw

Banned
I'm wondering if giving Iblockya that contract makes sense now. They could've tried negotiating him down to cover Harden's max. They knew he'd want it. This sucks for the Thunder in so many ways. The fans are gonna be pissed, but no one should blame Harden. This is all on Presti.

Canuck76

Banned

Doesn't matter either way, Thunder are chip good now and are also pretty young.

Even if Lamb is Harden good he won't be that good in the next 2 years or so.

Basically tossing away good, chip chances here

KingGondo

Banned
628x471.jpg

Even if he were better than his draft position suggests, you are getting a rookie who has the POTENTIAL to be an above-average SG for the ~3rd best SG in the league. At best, Lamb approximates Harden's value. Not to mention the fact that you're throwing away a chance at contending for a title in the present.

Monta Ellis was a 2nd round pick.
And so were an absolute shitload of players who never made the league. If you're counting on a 2nd round pick to turn out or a 12th pick to be an all star, you're playing a losing game.

Even if he were better than his draft position suggests, you are getting a rookie who has the POTENTIAL to be an above-average SG for the ~3rd best SG in the league. At best, Lamb approximates Harden's value. Not to mention the fact that you're throwing away a chance at contending for a title in the present.

Seems people don't get this. Even if lamb is harden good it will take a couple seasons to get there.

where you are picked determines how good you are or will be?

The amount of players who became star players after being picked in the teens is comically low. There were 7 very good or great players taken between 11-20 in the 2000s and they have a combined four all-star appearances as well...That's a 7% star rate for guys picked in the teens and it's way higher in the top 5 and top 10.

Pkaz01

i dont know how i feel about this one does this kill his chances of going to phoenix or make them better? if he does its just another ex rocket going there

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
How in the blue fuck do so many people on RealGM think Kevin Martin is a decent player

The Thunder have a "smart" front office. So Jeremy Lamb, a guy who was the 12th overall pick, is now suddenly going to be the best rookie in the league and Kevin Martin was an underrated player who wasn't used correctly by the Rockets.

If Lamb and Martin were traded to Orlando for Dwight then nobody would suddenly be hyping the shit out of them. Especially in Martin's case. He'd be treated like the expiring contract that he is. Like its mind boggling how he's all of a sudden considered good in the past few hours.

I'm with scooter on this. Harden has every right to get as much as he thinks he is worth and the market can bear. Owner didn't want pay up. It's business, it's all good.

Soon everybody will leave the clippers one day:(

I don't like the trade for the thunder though. They should had paid. Freakin perkins

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The Thunder have a "smart" front office. So Jeremy Lamb, a guy who was the 12th overall pick, is now suddenly going to be the best rookie in the league and Kevin Martin was an underrated player who wasn't used correctly by the Thunder.

If Lamb and Martin were traded to Orlando for Dwight then nobody would suddenly be hyping the shit out of them. Especially in Martin's case. He'd be treated like the expiring contract that he is. Like its mind boggling how he's all of a sudden considered good in the past few hours.

People have been speaking well of Lamb for the past two years...

Martin is Barbosa bad though.

No, dude is putting too much emphasis on where someone gets drafted. Either you're league material or not.

The amount of players who became star players after being picked in the teens is comically low. There were 7 very good or great players taken between 11-20 in the 2000s and they have a combined four all-star appearances as well...That's a 7% star rate for guys picked in the teens and it's way higher in the top 5 and top 10.

What's a good way of telling if someone who's never played in the nba is any good? Look at where they were drafted.

Vyer

If 4.5 was really the difference, I don't know that was worth downgrading from Harden to Martin.

Lamb could pay off, but it'll take a few years before he has Harden's level of impact.

What's a good way of telling if someone who's never played in the nba is any good? Look at where they were drafted.

That's not a good way at all really. But I do think Lamb will be good.

Look at the way they played in college/preseason, analyze their skill sets and see how well that will fit in with the team they are playing for?

But no you're right, in a league where simply being 7 feet tall makes you an almost automatic top 15 pick we should be using guys' draft position to determine how good they are.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Harden.... what.... they got good value for him, I guess... they still have championship caliber pieces. I'd rather have Ibaka than Harden. He can flop in Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom