• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Fuckin Rocket lifelongs already coming out of the woodwork...

:lol

keep the avatar gondo

whynot

image.php

He got cut off on the dribble because his handles are average not because he lacks quickness. He has really good quickness, especially laterally and shows it on defense.

Anyone that thinks this trade was made for Kmart is crazy. They gonna let Martin walk in the offseason. Lamb was the target of this trade. As long as Lamb comes in and plays defense and knocks down the 3 this trade will be good for OKC.

Kmart also has a quick first step but no handles, and a slow release. It's why dude flops so much. Some players are just small time. At his greatest he can never elevate his team and will just wallow on bad teams. If he learns to hold back his own game, he may find a fit with a great team. If he can fit in with Westbrook and Durant, I don't see why any side would walk away.

Lamb has potential but you can wait on him. His quickness and length can make him a great defender one day. He's insurance if Martin doesn't work out. I don't think they would've taken the deal if Martin wasn't included.

Though the circumstances are different, this has shades of Joe Johnson to Atlanta. Both aren't alphas but can't fault players for wanting money. Harden could take less money, get injured, then traded to a team not playing for a title.

KingJ2002

OKC has secured young talent... in the case of Westbrook or Durant walking... they have picks and young talent that can step up.

It's weird... it's like they sold themselves short with this trade. They didnt get better... but rather they prepared for what's going to be the inevitable... star talent leaving to a bigger market in their prime.

a dwight/kd/irving future doesnt look so farfetched imo

i said in the past... when i saw KD come into the league... he looked like a laker.

Hey Gondo...at least your best player has working knees and cares.

It could always be worse.

Lamb is pretty awesome too ( or he can be).

Martin....is...uh..good in 2k. So there is that.

OKC has secured young talent... in the case of Westbrook or Durant walking... they have picks and young talent that can step up.

It's weird... it's like they sold themselves short with this trade. They didnt get better... but rather they prepared for what's going to be the inevitable... star talent leaving to a bigger market in their prime.

i said in the past... when i saw KD come into the league... he looked like a laker.

His contract expires in 2016.

JoeFu

Banned
So one of the Mavs targets for the offseason are now gone... I don't think the Mavs can sign CP3 or anyone high caliber next offseason either.

giri

yeah, kevin martin is a bum.

Over rated chucker who has never made his team better in the history of being on the floor.

He might fill a role now as the 3rd or 4th option.

but OKC lost, here. unless the houston picks turn into really good players... But thats sort of stupid considering you're trying to win chips now.

squicken

Shocked at the trade. Kind of crazy Houston can add another max guy. I have no doubt Presti dumps KMart. He makes you hate your team if you have to watch him. Not like McGrady, but pretty close.

giri

So one of the Mavs targets for the offseason are now gone... I don't think the Mavs can sign CP3 or anyone high caliber next offseason either.

you havea collison may back court, either mayo or harden were then going ot have to come off the bench.

Not sure how they'd like being relegated back to a 6th man role.

They're better off going after someone C or SF.

giri

Uhhh... KD and YNB have both signed extensions and are locked up.

KingGondo

Banned
Make no mistake, the Thunder are still a top 3 WC squad.

Trading Harden also makes keeping Maynor much more plausible, and Lamb has worlds of potential.

I'm mainly concerned about the big situation at this point. Can't imagine we're going into battle against Dwight with Perk and Hasheem the Dream.

Rockets can add another big contract next summer?

Josh Smith next to Harden would be interesting though Asik would need to not be an offensive zero for it to work out.

Houston could've been really good if they didn't waste money on Lin.

Pkaz01

Trading Harden also makes keeping Maynor much more plausible, and Lamb has worlds of potential.

I'm mainly concerned about the big situation at this point. Can't imagine we're going into battle against Dwight with Perk and Hasheem the Dream.

what happened to ibaka?

exarkun

Thank you for coming around. You're team didnt have to put max on Harden and thus you get to keep Iblocka with some money to spare. And by mid-season, your avatar will be of Lamb as he drops 10-15 a night while playing defense.

Me on the other hand? I have to watch the NBA's flopping fines change Harden's game into whateverthefuck and realize that we have no depth at the two.

giri

Really, they traded the wrong guy. Should have got rid of YNB instead of Harden. You could have added lowry of AB3 for much less, and got basically what YNB gives them, and kept harden.

Really, they traded the wrong guy. Should have got rid of YNB instead of Harden. You could have added lowry of AB3 for much less, and got basically what YNB gives them, and kept harden.
Who is ab3? Not Aaron brooks I hope.

Man if lamb is a bust this is the day we look back at when okc lost Durant.

Kogepan

Looks like our ownership doesn't want to fully commit the $$$ to get it done.

I dont question their commitment.

I question why they didn't shop Harden around more. Given that they made the decision to move him, was Kmart + mid round draft pick the best they could do? Or are multiple #1s coming their way as well?

It's not a bad trade (Martin withstanding).

I am crazy high on Lamb tho so that clouds my vision of this.

also Lin has been awful this preseason...so Houston will still suck. Unless Martin is just that bad of a cancer.

Thank you for coming around. You're team didnt have to put max on Harden and thus you get to keep Iblocka with some money to spare. And by mid-season, your avatar will be of Lamb as he drops 10-15 a night while playing defense.

Me on the other hand? I have to watch the NBA's flopping fines change Harden's game into whateverthefuck and realize that we have no depth at the two.

da fuq are you so salty about

The Wizard has finally evolved from hoarding assets to actually getting something going, better to have Harden on a max deal than Brook Lopez.

squicken

I liked Lamb as well, but he is a summer league stud and was the #12 pick. It's not like the league is full of stars taken outside the top 10. Harden and a possible max contract guy next year is a better situation than Lamb, a Toronto pick that has no due by date, and Dallas' pick. And the current roster is more enticing to a potential max guy than the previous one

Pkaz01

Extended already.

I was just wondering why you werent including him in your frontcourt but I just re read it and realized you were talking centers only

I'm just glad we had a lockout last year to make sure the big markets couldn't swipe all the talent and small market teams could keep their stars.

To be fair the thunder could have kept their star players if they didn't overpay for the wrong one.

I'm just glad we had a lockout last year to make sure the big markets couldn't swipe all the talent and small market teams could keep their stars.

Lol Aaron broke is much worse the ynb

KingGondo

Banned
I was just wondering why you werent including him in your frontcourt but I just re read it and realized you were talking centers only
Yeah.

As long as Perk stays healthy, we should be OK. But I'm not exactly confident that we're solid at that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom