• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

I'm about to kill it in my RealGM league. I grabbed:

PG Kyle Lowry, Tor
SG Lou Williams, Atl
SF LeBron James, Mia
PF Blake Griffin, LAC
C Chris Bosh, Mia
BE Brook Lopez, Bkn
BE Kevin Martin, OKC
BE Jeff Green, Bos
BE O.J. Mayo, Dal

I went the Morey route and just drafted a bunch of forwards to start off. Almost got Tony Parker instead of Lowry. Almost got Jrue and Klay instead of Lou and KMart. Got Jeff Green with like the 96th pick. I grabbed Mayo for no good reason. I feel like swapping him for Andre Drummond, but I'll wait and see. PEACE.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

PG Kyle Lowry, Tor
SG Lou Williams, Atl
SF LeBron James, Mia
PF Blake Griffin, LAC
C Chris Bosh, Mia
BE Brook Lopez, Bkn
BE Kevin Martin, OKC
BE Jeff Green, Bos
BE O.J. Mayo, Dal

I went the Morey route and just drafted a bunch of forwards to start off. Almost got Tony Parker instead of Lowry. Almost got Jrue and Klay instead of Lou and KMart. Got Jeff Green with like the 96th pick. I grabbed Mayo for no good reason. I feel like swapping him for Andre Drummond, but I'll wait and see. PEACE.

Hm

Have to see the other teams but not sure this is going kill material

PG Kyle Lowry, Tor
SG Lou Williams, Atl
SF LeBron James, Mia
PF Blake Griffin, LAC
C Chris Bosh, Mia
BE Brook Lopez, Bkn
BE Kevin Martin, OKC
BE Jeff Green, Bos
BE O.J. Mayo, Dal

Kill is a stretch. I don't like Lou Williams and Blake doesn't block shots or hit free throws. Kevin Martin is real meh. Brook Lopez has shit to prove. Lowry does it all but he'll kill you in FG%. Winning leagues is about making trades that improves your team and working the wire diligently.

Blackace

Kill is a stretch. I don't like Lou Williams and Blake doesn't block shots or hit free throws. Kevin Martin is real meh. Brook Lopez has shit to prove. Lowry does it all but he'll you in FG%
Jeff Green isn't a good fantasy player also

giri

Kill is a stretch. I don't like Lou Williams and Blake doesn't block shots or hit free throws. Kevin Martin is real meh. Brook Lopez has shit to prove. Lowry does it all but he'll kill you in FG%.

There's also only one person who is going to regularly get assits on that team, LBJ.

Blackace

I am going to kill and I went the Morey route is basically a sentence structure known as the Rick James clause

Pimpwerx

I never look at stat categories, just overall point production. This is one of those ESPN leagues, where it's just cumm points. I don't need to cover any particular stat to win a matchup. I'm pretty sure I've got a lot of productive guys there. PEACE.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
What the fuck happened to DCX's fantasy league? We were suppose to have a draft in 3 minutes?!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Your league currently does not contain enough teams.
You must have at least 4 teams in order to determine the schedule and draft.

who dropped out and why

KingGondo

Banned
Interesting details:

James Harden boarded an airplane Sunday morning, bound for Houston. He was “devastated,” said someone who knows the Bearded One. Harden and his family both.

Said Harden was stunned that the Thunder actually traded him to the Rockets. He didn't believe the Thunder would do it.

But Sam Presti told him. Presti's lips now are sealed, but sources from both parties said that the Thunder appealed one final time to Harden on Friday. Upped its offer to $53 million over four years but told Harden if he didn't take it, he would be traded to Houston.
Presti didn't use that as a warning. He used it as a plea.

He desperately wanted to keep. Harden, but this was the last best offer. And the Thunder gave Harden an hour to accept.

It wasn't that Presti was trying to play hardball, necessarily. He was on the clock. That deal with the Rockets wouldn't last forever; Houston wanted Harden early enough to sign him to a contract extension by the Halloween deadline. Presti had decided that if Harden wouldn't sign an extension with OKC, a preseason deal offered the Thunder its best leverage.

Harden, through his agent, said he needed three days. Presti stood firm on one hour.

And 60 minutes later, Presti called the Rockets and consummated a rare NBA October blockbuster trade.

So Harden got on that plane Sunday morning, and maybe “devastated” wasn't the accurate description. Maybe he just had buyer's remorse. Maybe he played a bad game of poker.

But Harden sounded awfully melancholy Sunday in Houston.

“It happened so fast, it happened very fast,” Harden said, a point Presti might dispute, since talks started in July.

“But this is the position I'm in now,” Harden said. “Just have to make the best of it.”

Sam-Presti.jpg

Cold-blooded.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Bitch please:

Kyrie Irving
Paul George
Joe Johnson
Gordon Hayward
Nene Hilario
Brandon Roy
Marc Gasol
DeAndre Jordan
Jonas Valanciunas
Wilson Chandler
Bismack Biyombo
Gerald Green
Jeff Green

Canuck76

Banned
God emo Harden. Literally, the man said one hour.

When Sam Presti says one hour you don't ask for three days.

You want a max deal, be prepared to go anywhere. If you can't accept that, drop 4 million.

But don't come trying that Sam Presti went too hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom