• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Preseason |OT| The Rich Get Richer, The Poor Get Rasheed Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirty

Banned
ron-artest-elbows-james-harden.gif

Flash

Via Harden. Keeping it classy.

damn I always forget he's only 23 and been in the league for 3 years.

Something that I think is getting overlooked is that Harden gave OKC the ability to use a conventional line up more often than not by allowing Harden to handle the ball. He worked well with Westbrook who is a SG trapped in a PGs body.

just bought league pass broadband and not able to watch replays via xbl app...also the broadband popup isn't working.

what the fuck? swindled?
I had the service for like two weeks now and can't even get the player to start. Emailed customer service and they said the player won't activate till the league tips off. They had no trouble billing me right away though.

linsivvi

I had the service for like two weeks now and can't even get the player to start. Emailed customer service and they said the player won't activate till the league tips off. They had no trouble billing me right away though.

The tech team running the league pass is beyond terrible. Be prepared for poor service for the first week of the season. The last 2 years they've done a free trial but didn't bother to increase server capacity during the trial period, meaning paying customers will suffer because basically everyone in the world create an account to watch NBA games for free. I remember I had to use illegal means to watch the games that I fucking paid for. Utterly pathetic.

Dy and IWMTB19 are exactly right regarding the Harden trade. Some of you are really underrating Harden and overrating Martin.

There is no way they can beat the Heat with Martin and Lamb over Harden. What a blunder. They should have moved Ibaka and extended Harden first.

giri

How the fuck does Rivers get drafted over Lamb? I guess it was smart of him not to partake in the combine.

There was some belief (with out any proof) he could run point.

The tech team running the league pass is beyond terrible. Be prepared for poor service for the first week of the season. The last 2 years they've done a free trial but didn't bother to increase server capacity during the trial period, meaning paying customers will suffer because basically everyone in the world create an account to watch NBA games for free. I remember I had to use illegal means to watch the games that I fucking paid for. Utterly pathetic.

I think the trial runs 2 weeks. And yeah, it basically ruins the paid service for 2 weeks. It's incredibly dumb.

I can't think that anyone on the free trial goes "this is awesome, i want in!" considering that they will never be able to stream a game live.

giri

Dy and IWMTB19 are exactly right regarding the Harden trade. Some of you are really underrating Harden and overrating Martin.

There is no way they can beat the Heat with Martin and Lamb over Harden. What a blunder. They should have moved Ibaka and extended Harden first.

I agree entirely, i've been loving hardens game for years.

But if they had to trade him, they had to get an inside presence, not the mediocre talent they got.

What a waste of a year.

Also, suns fans, don't worry, Luis Scola working to add three-point shot to his arsenal

Yeah and the shit is kind of pricey. Then theres the whole no refund thing.

This is my first year trying it out and thats only because I enjoyed the summer league version. Hopefully it gets better.

fertygo

I'm not sure Harden can be 1st option with no midrange shot at all, he either finish at the rim or shoot 3. And he would not guarded by the worst perimeter defender from opposing line-up again.

giri

eh...im doing 27 bucks a month for 5 months plan ,5 teams so I'm not too salty.

Hopefully it gets better though.

By around december it's usually fine.

It takes 2 weeks for the trial to go away.

Then another 2 weeks for them to work out the bugs with the new system .

So that everyone keeps their pre-season hype in check here are the top 5 scorers for pre-season:

1. David Lee
2. Glen Davis
3. Kevin Martin
4. Blake Griffin
5. Damian Lillard

DCX

DCX
I'm not sure Harden can be 1st option with no midrange shot at all, he either finish at the rim or shoot 3. And he would not guarded by the worst perimeter defender from opposing line-up again.
I wonder if Smokey read this.

DCX

If you remove the games played qualification the top 10 are:

1. Melol (this was a typo but I'm keeping it)
1. Kobe
3. JR Smith
4. Amare
5. David Lee
6. Glen Davis
7. Kevin martin
8. Blake Griffin
9. Brook Lopez
10. Damian Lillard

Knicks are gonna tear throught this league!

Remember when people were saying the ibaka extension was a pretty good deal?

uh...Ibaka was always going to get $12 mil or so per year. We all knew this for a long time, why are people getting shocked?

And Ibaka would have been thrown a max (which starts at $12 mil) by someone next off-season, guaranteed. OKC saved themselves a few million going forward by locking him up now.

He probably isn't worth that contract but has potential to match it. But in this NBA, it doesn't matter, because OKC couldn't afford to let Ibaka walk and replace him with nothing.

Remember those people?

Remember when people were saying the ibaka extension was a pretty good deal?

Remember those people?

Yeah, but I never assumed they were trading Harden. I always believed they'd keep Harden and amnesty Perkins.

If they were going to make a choice between the two, I would have said to trade Ibaka. And no where in my post did I say Ibaka's contract was a mistake, I said picking him first over Harden was.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I always assumed it was Scola.

But yeah, I suppose there is the point to be made that you're probably better off overpaying James Harden over overpaying Kevin Martin.
No
Kevin Martin was the alpha

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
If you remove the games played qualification the top 10 are:

1. Melol (this was a typo but I'm keeping it)
1. Kobe
3. JR Smith
4. Amare
5. David Lee
6. Glen Davis
7. Kevin martin
8. Blake Griffin
9. Brook Lopez
10. Damian Lillard

Knicks are gonna tear throught this league!

why even throw us under this bus... lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I asked like a thousand times about the gaf league and nothing.

There's only one being made by adam this year. Cloudy asked around to see if people wanted a cash league Black Mamba started the pick'em for Rodeo. DCX made at least one more spill over league too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom