• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

Too bad your team is not in a major market because it's equally as laugh inducing as our team.
sorry been studying, missed this

Yeah our management is generally pretty shit. Our owner has a good heart and won't try to move the team but he doesn't really do what it takes to win in terms of hiring the right people.

Twins management is maybe even more inept. And Vikings sometimes

sucks to be an MN sports fan tbh

this is how the nyets beat the heat on opening night.
slow and steady.
they could be real scary come playoff time.

then again, this is a Kidd led team.
he'll easily get outcoached.

can we just start referring to eastern conference seeding as automatically behind the west's top 8? pacers @ 9th, heat @ 10th, etc

The East is still winning it all this year. And as stacked as the West is, there are really only 3-4 teams tops that can give the Heat or Pacers a decent series.

giri

this is how the nyets beat the heat on opening night.
slow and steady.
they could be real scary come playoff time.

then again, this is a Kidd led team.
he'll easily get outcoached.

I could live to regret these words but...

Having Deron on the floor will alleviate a lot of those problems.

thekad

Banned
The East is still winning it all this year. And as stacked as the West is, there are really only 3-4 teams tops that can give the Heat or Pacers a decent series.

The Spurs, Thunder, Rockets, Clippers, Blazers and Warriors would all have a great shot against the Pacers and I'd take the top 3 over them in a series.

giri

People said the same shit last year and the spurs lost that series as much as the heat won it. Was a really close series that could've gone either way.

The truth is, any team that comes out of the west is going to have been well scrutinised.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I don't think OKC can.

But i don't think OKC are going back to the WCF. I expect them to be bounced in the semi's again.

Pacers are the only team that can say they have a guy that can legitimately be Durant's worst defender to play against, and maybe the Heat with Lebron depending how many fucks are left.

giri

Pacers are the only team that can say they have a guy that can legitimately be Durant's worst defender to play against.

TA did a good job on him last year. LBJ guards him very well too.

Pacers are lucky that they can switch with Stephenson / PG very easily though and keep it up for 48 mins.

reilo

TA did a good job on him last year. LBJ guards him very well too.

Pacers are lucky that they can switch with Stephenson / PG very easily though and keep it up for 48 mins.

Check the edit.

Durant still dropped 30PPG on 55FG% versus the Heat in '12 Finals. Not that it mattered, but they really didn't bother stopping him.

I don't think OKC can.

But i don't think OKC are going back to the WCF. I expect them to be bounced in the semi's again.
Whos gonna bounce thunder from playoffs? Portland?

I get a feeling Durant and ynb will give pg and Stephenson the pipe if given the opportunity. Perk will be a factor.

reilo

I get a feeling Durant and ynb will give pg and Stephenson the pipe if given the opportunity. Perk will be a factor.

Possibly, but PG is on another level offensively this year. Durant has his work cutout for him, too.

giri

Spurs could roll OKC, particularly with a healthy kawahi

Healthy Memphis have done it before.

W's with a healthy iggy that also have barnes and klay to throw at Durant

And Portland have at least a 50/50 chance too if they can keep their roll going.

Thats what i meant though when i said, any team coming out of the west is going to have had a thorough examination.

827226463.gif

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I feel both of them are one injury away from being also-rans. If Bosh or Hibbert go down for either for a prolonged period...
I think the Heat are without Bosh...

As for Hibbert he is the Pacers 2nd best player...

Take any teams no 1 or 2 away and they going suffer

Ask the Thunder

reilo

20pt blowout game is gonna keep playing for another 30mins, and we're gonna miss the beginning to the better match-up. Fix yo shit, TNT.

reilo

What the fuck this is like a 6 minute timeout. Let's go. Stop the bullshit TNT.

OMG, 5:55 left? What the hell.

Top Bottom