• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

In the minutes Joel Embiid has played, KU has outscored opponents, 268-182. In the minutes Embiid has not played, KU has a 293-292 edge.

There is a future superstar at Lawrence.

Averaging pretty much the same numbers as Freshman Hakeem (except he's more efficient) so far and the same per 40 numbers as Sophomore Hakeem and Freshman Oden, hopefully he can cut down on his fouls soon.

Pkaz01

Nope. Suns have been pretty emphatic that they want to rebuild with cap space recently. And they still wouldn't have a 4/5 that you need to really contend.

Also, the suns have 4 first round picks, theirs, wizards, Minnesota's, Indiana's.

I think the suns will make deals though. Because you really can't bring in 4 rookies all at once. Not sure if Melo is the sort they'd bring in though. He seems like he'd be bailing to a more established team.

I think they'll be looking more at a granger or stephenson type. I could maybe even see it being Hayward they go after, though i think ultimately he'll re-sign with the Jazz.

If the jazz draft jabari or wiggins, aren't they SF's? i could see the jazz entertaining the idea of trading Hayward for Dragic by that stage. I ultimately see Hayward as a SG.

I'd be surprised if the Suns didn't try for Harrison Barnes also. I don't think Warriors can afford to keep all 3 wings, Iggy, Thompson and Barnes. Think they have to give up on one of them, and that probably means Barnes.

But i think a lot of it will depend on where the Sun end up in the lotto.
Yea theres a youth movement i can see them going for love if minnesota keeps losing. I dont see this backcourt working out full time at this point its early and they havent played much together but it seems like they take turns running an offense instead of working together kind of like oil and water.

We will keep bledsoe over dragic as we should because the team is so much better defensively when he is out there. I dont care much for hayward but wouldnt mind him no way id give him max though.

McD works in mysterious ways the trades come out of no where they do a great job of not leaking any information. Who knows id rather keep the picks i dont see anyone that we could get in a trade that would be worth it

Jeff-DSA

I finally gave NBA2k14 a try...after the ONE HOUR AND 12 MINUTE INSTALL TIME ON THE XBOX ONE.

Game was pretty good. The console is pissing me off though.

Jeff-DSA

Join the Best-GAF PS4 brotherhood, guys.

I have both. Right now, I'm assuming that the PS4 is going to be my primary console with the XB1 being a media box/sometimes play for exclusives. It's so freaking annoying to do anything on the XB1 that I'm about ready to slap the first person I see wearing a green shirt.

Michael Wilbon just said that JJ Reddick being out with a broken hand is a bigger loss than Anthony Davis being out with a broken hand. He just said this. With a straight face. And he used to be an NBA analyst.

Malo

Banned
Michael Wilbon just said that JJ Reddick being out with a broken hand is a bigger loss than Anthony Davis being out with a broken hand. He just said this. With a straight face. And he used to be an NBA analyst.
And that's why he's no longer an analyst.

If New Orleans can tank so hard that it gets a top 5 pick, then it's actually a net gain. Still, the only problem with losing Redick is having to start Willie Green yet again.

giri

Yea theres a youth movement i can see them going for love if minnesota keeps losing. I dont see this backcourt working out full time at this point its early and they havent played much together but it seems like they take turns running an offense instead of working together kind of like oil and water.

We will keep bledsoe over dragic as we should because the team is so much better defensively when he is out there. I dont care much for hayward but wouldnt mind him no way id give him max though.

McD works in mysterious ways the trades come out of no where they do a great job of not leaking any information. Who knows id rather keep the picks i dont see anyone that we could get in a trade that would be worth it

I think if you can get Lance, you basically have to do it (with in reason of course). Hayward is good, but i don't like that he looks completely dis-engaged this season. It's slightly worrying from a guy who is asking for really big money.

But yeah, i think it's an either or thing with Dragic and Bledsoe. And Bledsoe seems to be the chosen one. Will be sad. Still love the dragon, and his play has been great of late.

Love is great, but we have Frye / Morris Twins for stretch 4 work. Not sure he'd be worth going all in on, considering what else is on the roster. But i certainly wouldn't be complaining.

Well, it sort of is. It's situational though and you're looking at the pay offs on either side.

Clippers are trying to make a run for at least a top 4 seed. And to do that and make a play off run they need to try and have a team that has played a lot of minutes together and gel.

NOP will be happy to lose 25 games in a row while Davis is out and lock down a top 5 lotto pick.

Monty Williams and Dell Demps are going to get fired if the Pelicans bomb this season (which will be good for the team since they suck) and the owner clearly wants to win now so the Pelicans don't really want to lose. Davis missing 15 games still will have them at 30-35 wins for the season which is nowhere close to a top 5 pick.

giri

Monty Williams and Dell Demps are going to get fired if the Pelicans bomb this season (which will be good for the team since they suck) and the owner clearly wants to win now so the Pelicans don't really want to lose. Davis missing 15 games still will have them at 30-35 wins for the season which is nowhere close to a top 5 pick.

I know.

But i do get where wilbon was coming from.

Davis is obviously the better player and much more important to his team winning.

If the Nuggets get Wiggins or Parker with the Knicks' pick, just how long will the laughter last for the haters?

Jonm1010

Banned

I'm actually kinda nervous that if Davis is out for a significant amount of time that Benson will end up giving Demps and Monty another pass for this year because they can use the excuse that our team never had time to gel and Davis's health made it impossible to make the playoffs.

giri

I'm actually kinda nervous that if Davis is out for a significant amount of time that Benson will end up giving Demps and Monty another pass for this year because they can use the excuse that our team never had time to gel and Davis's health made it impossible to make the playoffs.

I thought you were a monty apologist.

If the Nuggets get Wiggins or Parker with the Knicks' pick, just how long will the laughter last for the haters?

A long time.

Probably as long as the one taken is in the league.

Jonm1010

Banned
I thought you were a monty apologist.

A long time.

Probably as long as the one taken is in the league.

I gave him and Dell a fair shake. Probably more then a fair shake.

Monty was sold as a developer of young talent and a very good defensive coach.

He's been so-so at the former and below average at the latter. He's also a horrible in-game coach. Poor substitutions, poor adjustments, poor play calling, and poor clock management.

Demps just makes moves to make moves. Half of them don't make a lick of sense. His biggest moves have been mostly failures. He's been good at finding overlooked role-players and trading mediocre talent for slightly better talent though.

Top Bottom