• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

charsace

I knew ego was getting in the way of the Knicks making good decisions as an organization the minute they let Lin go.

It was clear from that moment that if you were looking to steal shine from Melo and J.R you could go fuck yourself.

I wanted Lin back and I just don't understand why Shump is pulled after one mistake while JR can make a ton and still play. Even last season there were times where JR needed to be sat and Woody didn't pull him. I've said it a few times though, JR is a Knick for life. :(

Why don't the knicks trade melo/shump/Jr/that center i forgot his name for picks? Season is over.

Nobody's giving up picks this year and Dolan refuses to give up on Melo and JR. They're better off letting Melo walk and then hoping to be relevant again in about 5 years. Of course, Dolan would never let that happen either.

Nobody's giving up picks this year and Dolan refuses to give up on Melo and JR. They're better off letting Melo walk and then hoping to be relevant again in about 5 years. Of course, Dolan would never let that happen either.

It's not just Dolan but CAA runs MSG. If you're not down with CAA, you're assed out.

Knicks should offer Melo for Okafor and both firsts

The phoenix front office might think a core of Bledsoe/Dragic/Melo/Len is ready to contend.

This offseason would be the time to blow it up since NY owns their 2015 first round pick.

Damn in the next 3 years new york has 1 first round pick, 1 second round pick. Only a matter of time before Dolan starts dangling out NY's 2018 first rounder for Austin Rivers.

How about to D.C.? It's close to Melo's hometown. Ernie is dumb enough to do it to save face.

I wonder if he's capable of being a good system guy with an actual PG for once.

He'd definitely get easy shots here, but I wonder if he'd ISO anyway. He'd be dangerous as fuck as a stretch 4 for us.

exarkun

Also, remember when the Knicks first got JR and everyone that watched Denver was like "LOL JR is the most ignorant bball player in the league" (Young wasnt a factor yet). But Knicks fans were cautiously optimistic.

Im so sorry Knicks fans. Never been a "fuck da knicks" person, but you guys did get fucked (and continue to be fucked). Don't wish this on my worst enemy : (

Zep

Banned
I wonder if he's capable of being a good system guy with an actual PG for once.

He'd definitely get easy shots here, but I wonder if he'd ISO anyway. He'd be dangerous as fuck as a stretch 4 for us.

You're not getting Olympics Melo. Its just not happening.

linsivvi

Also, remember when the Knicks first got JR and everyone that watched Denver was like "LOL JR is the most ignorant bball player in the league" (Young wasnt a factor yet). But Knicks fans were cautiously optimistic.

Im so sorry Knicks fans. Never been a "fuck da knicks" person, but you guys did get fucked (and continue to be fucked). Don't wish this on my worst enemy : (

The funny thing is that the same thing happened again this summer with Bargnani.

Anytime. That's what I'm here for.

I'll be back later this afternoon with some stats confirming that Serge Ibaka is making The Leap this season.

Ibaka's TS% is lower than last season and 2nd lowest of his career. Block % is lowest since his rookie year. Rebound % is an improvement over the last 2 seasons but still just a little bit above his career average. His raw numbers only seem like an improvement because he's been playing more minutes.

Don't see it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
C0ubWg5.gif

Nyets got there steve francis for 3 first rounders......fuck man I got 2 stadiums and not one team worth watching.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
bobcats have the same amount of wins as the knicks and nets combined

I'm going to start going to washington man... those tickets got to be cheap as fuck right..... i bet the train ticket and courtside seats = MSG seats in the 200's

bobcats might give me a suite for that same amount

giri

Knicks should offer Melo for Okafor and both firsts

The phoenix front office might think a core of Bledsoe/Dragic/Melo/Len is ready to contend.

Nope. Suns have been pretty emphatic that they want to rebuild with cap space recently. And they still wouldn't have a 4/5 that you need to really contend.

Also, the suns have 4 first round picks, theirs, wizards, Minnesota's, Indiana's.

I think the suns will make deals though. Because you really can't bring in 4 rookies all at once. Not sure if Melo is the sort they'd bring in though. He seems like he'd be bailing to a more established team.

I think they'll be looking more at a granger or stephenson type. I could maybe even see it being Hayward they go after, though i think ultimately he'll re-sign with the Jazz.

If the jazz draft jabari or wiggins, aren't they SF's? i could see the jazz entertaining the idea of trading Hayward for Dragic by that stage. I ultimately see Hayward as a SG.

I'd be surprised if the Suns didn't try for Harrison Barnes also. I don't think Warriors can afford to keep all 3 wings, Iggy, Thompson and Barnes. Think they have to give up on one of them, and that probably means Barnes.

But i think a lot of it will depend on where the Sun end up in the lotto.

There ain't nothing worth selling.

No one on the team worth a pick besides Pau, and we'd certainly have to take back some bad and/or big contracts to ship him out.

We're battling for the 8th seed. I just hope we fall way short of that goal.

You're not fighting for an 8th seed. You forgot how easily a team can go into a losing strike.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I knew ego was getting in the way of the Knicks making good decisions as an organization the minute they let Lin go.

It was clear from that moment that if you were looking to steal shine from Melo and J.R you could go fuck yourself.

Wha?

Top Bottom