• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

The original stretch 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSfBRAIT4eg
manute-bol.jpg

ok maybe not...but damn did he look goofy hoisting a three

Holy crap. That's some proper go go gadget shit

Emwitus

That's because it is, but you wouldn't know because you didn't watch enough basketball in the 90's. You can't get an accurate depiction of what 90's basketball was like based off hearsay and Youtube clips.

This is hilarious coming from someone who thinks lebron is the goat.

MVP

Banned
This is hilarious coming from someone who thinks lebron is the goat.

He's on his way, but my point hasn't been that, it's been that Lebron is higher on the list than MJ is. Don't know why MJ always gets put #1 like people all of a sudden forgot about the other MJ, or the other great players in history. Since ESPN says MJ is the greatest, so goes public opinion.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's a better product than the 90s. The players are better.

Definitely not arguing toughness though. Guys like CP3 would actually have to pay for their flopping with more than just marginal fines.

Forever

Banned
Holy crap. That's some proper go go gadget shit

Reminds me of this kid I was keeping my eye on.

Thon Maker. Straight out of Sudan. 16 years old and already 7 feet tall, still expected to grow another couple inches. Originally trained as a soccer player and has the speed and agility to prove it. Can shoot. Looks like what you'd get if KD and KG did the fusion dance.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Reminds me of this kid I was keeping my eye on.

Thon Maker. Straight out of Sudan. 16 years old and already 7 feet tall, still expected to grow another couple inches. Originally trained as a soccer player and has the speed and agility to prove it. Can shoot. Looks like what you'd get if KD and KG did the fusion dance.

I think I would be just a little bit skeptical. Especially given how easy it is to fake your age even on the NCAA level.

Apparently Chad Ford and Espn are spreading fud about the Bobcats again, said he's heard "rumblings" about us trading MKG.

Yeah, that's totally the plan genius. We signed one of his best friends and mentors to the team a week ago just so we could turn around and trade him a few weeks later.

I really hate espn.

giri

I wouldn't trade them. You've got two legit wings that can get you 19 and 6. Perimeter defense may not be great, but you balance that by having a strong interior presence and a nice defensive scheme.

I think the FO has the right idea by trying to use a pick to get players, or maybe use them to trade up? The suns are in a good position.

Suns actually have the best 3pt defense in the league i beleive. But stopping penetration is another thing.

They don't work on the floor together, dragic and bledsoe. They just stand and watch the other. Is that part offense system problem? yes. But its why i think they'll be broken up sooner or later.

Also how is all the stretch 4/5 talk happening with out mentioning ryan anderson and channing frye?

Suns actually have the best 3pt defense in the league i beleive. But stopping penetration is another thing.

They don't work on the floor together, dragic and bledsoe. They just stand and watch the other. Is that part offense system problem? yes. But its why i think they'll be broken up sooner or later.

Also how is all the stretch 4/5 talk happening with out mentioning ryan anderson and channing frye?

I would think that Bledsoe/Dragic is an easier puzzle to solve than LeBron and Wade was. At least both guys can score from all over.

Apparently Chad Ford and Espn are spreading fud about the Bobcats again, said he's heard "rumblings" about us trading MKG.

Yeah, that's totally the plan genius. We signed one of his best friends and mentors to the team a week ago just so we could turn around and trade him a few weeks later.

I really hate espn.

Breakfast club ;_;

Probably nothing to those rumors though. Why would the Cats trade a 20 year old asset who has everything but a jumpshot when the best SF acquisitions this off-season are free agents in Ariza and Deng?

Breakfast club ;_;

Probably nothing to those rumors though. Why would the Cats trade a 20 year old asset who has everything but a jumpshot when the best SF acquisitions this off-season are free agents in Ariza and Deng?

It's definitely bs, espn does this all the time. And Chad Ford knows less about basketball than your average rec league coach, so I don't take a word he says seriously.

giri

Breakfast club ;_;

You can top that off with MKG has looked really good on defense too this season.

Chad Fraud.

Pkaz01

I think they have been improving a lot in that area lately. Bledsoe is becoming the main ball handler because dragic is better off ball thats why his assist numbers are down the last couple of games and bledsoe's are up. I read and article that used per or something to show that the suns are a lot better when those two are on the floor together. Idk im a believer that they can make it work

Found the article its a pretty interesting read all around

More importantly, Phoenix’s most commonly used lineup with Bledsoe and Dragic has a net rating of +9.6, which ranks fifth in the entire league for lineups that have played over 150 minutes together.
Bledsoe didn’t have many doubters individually, but this pairing did. Any questions have been largely put to rest, though, as the Suns are the only team in the NBA with a starting backcourt comprised of two players with a PER over 20.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....hought-to-building-block-plus-sundays-recaps/

giri

I think they have been improving a lot in that area lately. Bledsoe is becoming the main ball handler because dragic is better off ball thats why his assist numbers are down the last couple of games and bledsoe's are up. I read and article that used per or something to show that the suns are a lot better when those two are on the floor together. Idk im a believer that they can make it work

Found the article its a pretty interesting read all around

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....hought-to-building-block-plus-sundays-recaps/
Maybe. But i'm sceptical of post season success with a small team built on running. ...

Cipherr

Just reading the Muhammad Ali thread and had to smh at the folks arguing that the current NBA is better and tougher than the NBA of the 90s.

No, what you mostly get is people like me who watched ball in the 1990s and realize it was definitely more physical, but not to the fucking degree you like to pretend it was. Like I said in that thread, people were not getting fucking shot and stabbed when going into the lane, every play wasn't a goddamned fist fight, and no amount of revisionist history is going to change that fact.

Putting together a fucking 4 minute Youtube clip to try and define a decade of basketball really illuminates the fucking ignorance man. But these guys are so thick that I don't think there's any discussing this with them. In their mind the NBA in the 90's was Cabrini Green while todays NBA is a cushy stretch of HOA homes in the suburbs of hollywood or some shit. It was more physical for sure, but stop fucking exaggerating it.

linsivvi

Chris Kaman is whining.... again. He sure loves burning bridges, doesn't he?

Everyone's on contract year. Everyone wants minutes so they can get a new contract somewhere next year. This is the perfect recipe for a team trying to lose, especially when many of those guys are shooters.

The one big mistake is they paid Kobe too soon. If they waited until after the all star break, I guarantee you he would shoot the team out of every single game.

first pau expressed how disgruntled he felt with d'antoni.
now kaman is expressing he isn't getting enough time because of d'antoni.
this team is crumbling from the inside.
kobe isn't the real tank commander.
its motherfucking d'antoni.
NY-BZ843_SPRTS__DV_20121109222732.jpg

Why they ever signed Kaman in the first place is beyond me. I saw enough of his goofy ass last year with the Mavs.

kamanloooooool_medium.gif

Felton finally going to man the 2nd unit
hopefully
According to a source, coach Mike Woodson doesn’t like to have a player lose his starting job via injury, but if the Knicks are rolling when Felton is ready to go, Woodson could still stick with Prigioni. There is a concern in the organization Felton will have trouble recovering fully from a nagging hamstring pull and pinched nerve in his hip — which is why the Knicks went full bore after Lowry.
http://nypost.com/2013/12/16/prigioni-could-keep-spot-on-felton-return/

Chris Herring @HerringWSJ 2 minutes ago
Should clarify: Woodson said he'd start Prigioni on Wall. Said Shumpert will likely get his chances, too, based on how Wall forces switches.
... John Wall getting fiddy tonight.

Pimpwerx

That's fan voting and it has to do with the structure of the vote. Just mention 'Steve Kerr' to Pimp and see him explode.
You need to get my name out your mouth. You never complain because Portland never had a Top5 player in everything. These are first world problems you won't ever understand. PEACE.

Back from a ban. I raged at someone in the Paul Walker thread for not liking the F&F movies. Anyway, this team is fine. I was legit worried after the first couple games back but I'm becoming more optimistic after each game. He's getting his legs back, getting back into rhythm, it'll take some time. Kobe not gonna let this team tank in any way shape or form. If Nash comes back and can even be half as good as he was in his prime then look out. All this team needs is a mid-tier PG (Nash) and another big. I really don't wanna trade Pau, even for Chandler + J.R.

The last two times the Lakers traded a guy that's been with them for a while and won at least one chip it's come back to bite them in the ass. Look at that whole LO fiasco... you not only made the team worse but you ruined dude's life, all over like 4 mil. Metta's perimeter D and overall hustle made the team better and you don't resign him. Wut

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
You need to get my name out your mouth. You never complain because Portland never had a Top5 player in everything. These are first world problems you won't ever understand. PEACE.

Just one of the lamest come backs since yo mama

Back from a ban. I raged at someone in the Paul Walker thread for not liking the F&F movies. Anyway, this team is fine. I was legit worried after the first couple games back but I'm becoming more optimistic after each game. He's getting his legs back, getting back into rhythm, it'll take some time. Kobe not gonna let this team tank in any way shape or form. If Nash comes back and can even be half as good as he was in his prime then look out. All this team needs is a mid-tier PG (Nash) and another big. I really don't wanna trade Pau, even for Chandler + J.R.

The last two times the Lakers traded a guy that's been with them for a while and won at least one chip it's come back to bite them in the ass. Look at that whole LO fiasco... you not only made the team worse but you ruined dude's life, all over like 4 mil. Metta's perimeter D and overall hustle made the team better and you don't resign him. Wut
lulz.

"According to a source, coach Mike Woodson doesn’t like to have a player lose his starting job via injury, but if the Knicks are rolling when Felton is ready to go, Woodson could still stick with Prigioni. "

Felton just got displaced by a 36 year old with plantar fascitis who can't play more than 25 minutes a night.

linsivvi

Hey, I think all the F&F are shitty movies too. Come at me, bro.

Nash is done. Pau is declining but he's being grossly misused. He's never shot that many outside shots in his career except these 2 seasons. Kobe is taking the team down and he'll be the last person to know it.

Top Bottom