• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

Yo reilo, I am heading down to Portland tomorrow night to catch a Blazers game vs. the Pelicans.

I'll be all in yer city, watching yer d00dz.

Should I rock a Laker jersey?

“Only thing we’re shooting in practice are layups and 3s,” starting point guard Patrick Beverley explains. “We don’t like midrange,” Garcia and Beverley say in unison.

The two of them have a firm grasp on Houston’s mission, but I want to know just how extreme their team’s approach is. “Did you know that LaMarcus Aldridge has shot ...” Beverley interrupts my question with the exact number of midrange shots Aldridge has hoisted relative to the entire Rockets team. As of Friday, the Portland power forward has attempted 98 more midrange shots than everyone on the Houston roster combined. That’s a startling statistic, but it’s not especially novel to Beverley, who “keeps up with everything,” as he puts it.

Beverley responds with, “What would you rather shoot, a 3 or a 2?” Now that he’s won locker room "Jeopardy!," he turns the tables and quizzes me. All I can manage in return is, “I think you guys might be on the forefront of something.”

Houston’s three most commonly used lineups employ a four-out approach (four 3-point shooters, one non-shooting big man). The style has gained popularity since Mike D’Antoni and the Suns redefined NBA offense in the mid-aughts.

'Toine won

Pringles won

Vag furious.

Strauss also talks about the potential future issues of contested three point chucking making the game harder to watch. People talk about the ability of Kobe or Melo to create 40% looks at the end of the shot clock as major pluses, but if a guy can just chuck at contested three at around 25% (since the chances of turnovers go down without isoing as well) then that's just as valuable though not as visually interesting. Three point chucking when you don't have a good possession is probably the best play you can make and may be the dominant strategy of coaches in the future based on how much coaches are realizing that threes matter, but Harden shows that it can be pretty dull at times (I like watching the Rockets generally though).

Beverly with all that information as well.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/64813/rockets-in-revolt

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Watch Charlotte basically just end up with Afflalo as our big FA signing next year lol

Watch Charlotte basically just end up with Afflalo as our big FA signing next year lol

Wouldn't be awful as long as Henderson and Gordon are gone, and a pick I guess, since you'd have to trade him since he has a bit of time left on his contract, right?

All the shooting Charlotte gets, the better.

edit: nvm, Ben Gordon is expiring this year.

editL shit nvm, makes no sense for charlotte to trade for Afflalo.

KingGondo

Banned
Bill Simmons just said Kobe's ready to "be put out to stud."

Sage Steele seemed taken aback.

Seems vaguely racist. Judgment, minority members of Best-GAF?

Yeah I could see that, but I think it follows the idea that athletes in general are a team owner's property. It's certainly an issue that has historically come up with black people, though.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Curious to see how the Rockets play tonight. They usually get up for the great teams.

Forever

Banned
Mike Woodson has the Knicks under curfew today to make sure they don't go out partying.

Taking no chances after the last two noon games the Knicks played at home resulted in their two most lopsided losses of the season, endangered coach Mike Woodson planned to have the entire team holed up together at an area hotel Friday night before Saturday’s 12 p.m. against Memphis at the Garden.

“Yeah, we’ve had those troubles and you know, we’re going to all get together tonight and huddle together,” Woodson said after practice Friday in Greenburgh. “I’m not going to let them hang out.

Asked if he felt the need to “babysit” his players
– after the Knicks were blown out on their home floor by 31 points by San Antonio on Nov. 10 and by 41 points by Boston on Dec. 8 -- Woodson replied, “Well, we’re going to be together. Put it that way.”

Carmelo Anthony said he was “hearing” that curfew would be 10 p.m.

Karakand

I would not use animal metaphors when speaking about a person of color, especially ones relating to animals used for subservient / servile purposes.

I would not do a lot of things the Sports Dork does though. (For example, eating, sleeping, drinking water, continuing to exist.)

KingGondo

Banned
I think taking that as racist is kinda racist
My radar's up after the Duck Dynasty shit.

I would not use animal metaphors when speaking about a person of color, especially ones relating to animals used for subservient / servile purposes.
That's what I was thinking.
I would not do a lot of things the Sports Dork does though. (For example, eating, sleeping, drinking water, continuing to exist.)
That's harsh.

DAMN LEBRON JEEZUZ

lmao at mclemore trying to take a charge, ouch!

edit: sick bounce pass by bron earlier
131220-jamespass.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
shitty rocket post entry passers

Top Bottom