• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

So Sterns master plan was to have Tim Duncan go to the Spurs instead of the Celtics :(
tim-duncan-celtics.jpg

Vahagn

There are some pretty bad draft busts, but this one is pretty damn awful

Clippers picked Olowokandi when they could have had:

Bibby
Jamison
Vince Carter
Jason Williams
Dirk Nowitzki
Paul Pierce.

All those guys were in the top 10. That's a pretty underrated and top heavy draft. A lot more sure fire top 10 picks than the Kwame Draft. But the Kwame draft had a lot more great players outside the lottery.

why talk about that when we have fresh in the league kwame Bennett

Went back to see who else was available in the TD draft. I thought Boston got Paul Pierce, I figured that wasn't a bad consolation prize but that was a different draft. So started researching drafts. The Bennett draft though, its all just garbage. Probably won't have a single perennial all star and definitely no HOF players out of this bunch.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I know its probably Berman trolling but the idea of jvg coming back and maybe bring his brother svg for the ride (even if we tank and somebody gets a good pick) next season is the best thing I heard concerning the Knicks this whole season.

giri

If you want to avoid blatant tanking why not just give all non-playoff teams an equal chance at the top pick. Winning 10 games won't gain you any more of an advantage than winning 35.

The gods awful Cavs have 3 number 1 picks in the last 10 years. Stop rewarding incompetence like that and you won't have teams tanking and ruining the entertainment value of the sport.

because it doesn't get the most help where its needed.

because it doesn't get the most help where its needed.

Those teams usually need new owners, not new players. I'd at least like to see a system that penalizes a team if they end up in the lottery say, three times in a row and automatically puts them at the back of the line.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I think Phil Jackson takes the Knicks job. He loves teams that already have championship caliber rosters.

is this a joke?

There is so much wrong with this post that I can only imagine this is sarcasm...

Those teams usually need new owners, not new players. I'd at least like to see a system that penalizes a team if they end up in the lottery say, three times in a row and automatically puts them at the back of the line.

I don't know about that, because it's not realistic for there to be such drastic fluctuation in lottery teams in such a short period, but I do think some kind of independent competition committee should have the right to demand a "review of program" once a year directly with ownership in order to talk about the state of their franchise.

Maybe its already happening, idk, but guys like Leonsis and Taylor should be made to answer for having guys like Kahn and Grunsfeld on such long leashes despite consistently poor decision making that harms everyone involved--from the owners pockets, to the fan experience, viewership, and the brand as a whole.

That's not to say that I think the NBA should force the hands of ownership to make personell decisions, but there's no accountability whatsoever for guys like Dolan who hijack teams with what seems like a casual disinterest to the teams needs.

giri

So you can kill off any hope for a fan base?

That'd be dumb.

Are the Blazers the only team using ipads on the sidelines? Gotta wonder if that has anything to do with their offensive efficiency. Getting instant film on the game the second they hit the bench is the sort of stuff guys like MJ could only dream about.

I know Wes said it does a lot for him and I believe it. Did those last two misses come up short or go left? Did you rush the shot? Stotts is doing great things over there.

Paul George went off at the end of the game, but I'm not nearly as impressed by it as everyone else it seems. Was fun to watch though.

Meanwhile:

Z34x3cb.png

NBApls....

The East is horrible this season. They have been top heavy for a while, but it was exaggerated in the past (no matter what anyone says). But this season, this shits horrible. It doesn't even appear as if its going to get any better either. Its pure fuckery through and through. Bench Lebron, Wade, Bosh, George, Hibbert and West and just bring everyone back from vacation in May.

What, like there's some law that a .375 team shouldn't have home court advantage?

Top 16 playoff match- Quick math, may be wrong. Went with better divison record for tied records as a tie breaker.

1.Pacers
2.Spurs
3.Blazers
4.Heat
5.Thunder
6.Rockets
7.Clippers
8.Nuggets
--
9.Warriors
10.Mavs
11.Suns
12.Pelicans
13.Wizards
14.Lakers
15.Grizzlies
16.Hawks

A couple of changes here and there would result in some fun first round playoff series.

Thunder v Wiz
Blazers v Lakers
Spurs v Griz
Nuggets v Warriors
Rockets v Mavs

wake up guys, sorry to get you excited, not happening lulz

Emwitus

Shump is still being shopped. FO is now saying that hes good but isnt being used properly by Woodson

I really do hope Shump lands on a good team and is able to flourish. Fuck this toxic organization.

And LOL @ Metta. Dude said the heated argument with Kmart the other day was over pasta. Shell vs elbow.

Poor metta, considering last year?

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

I think Phil Jackson takes the Knicks job. He loves teams that already have championship caliber rosters.

i agree. Knicks players are Too capable

pilonv1

Howard Beck ‏@HowardBeck 16m

Lawrence Frank has been "reassigned" to doing daily reports, Kidd announces. No longer on the Nets' bench as asst coach.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 10m

Assistant coach Lawrence Frank, who Nets "reassigned," has a 6-year deal that averages over $1 million a year. Breakup had been building.

Nets gonna Nets forever

After last night's defeats, the East's interconference record has dropped to a pathetic 23-60, meaning that it's won just .277 of its games against the West over an 83-game span. By comparison, the Charlotte Bobcats finished last season with the second-worst record in the league at 21-61.

It gets worse. If you take out the Pacers and the Heat, the East is 16-59 (.213), which makes it pretty much on par with the 2013-14 Utah Jazz, who are 4-15 (.211) -- and until recently, the laughing stock of the NBA.

So you might be wondering: Is this the worst Eastern Conference in NBA history?

So far, it sure is. And it's not even close.

The Eastern Conference has fallen on hard times before, but it's never been quite this bad. Heading into the season, the worst interconference record for the East stood at .367, which was set in 2003-04, the same season the Boston Celtics punched a ticket to the playoffs with a dazzling 36-46 record. If you want to compare apples to apples, the East that season was 30-66 (.313) against the West through Dec. 2, which is considerably better than what we're seeing these days.

Here's a chart illustrating the historical win percentage of the East versus the West since 1978, thanks to data compiled by Per Diem co-pilot Kevin Pelton in the 2012-13 Basketball Prospectus.

http://infogr.am/east-vs-west-win?src=web

lolz

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell 4m
Jason Kidd is still a coach killer AS A HEAD COACH. You’ve gotta respect that commitment.
lolz!

Top Bottom