• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

giri

Yes they have. All game long they kept talking about how wonderful their players are, how they should be in the allstar game, gushing after every play.

And they are still doing it as I type this message. I've noticed it for a while too, it's not just this game.

i know as a commentator i'd shit on my young players when they're winning blow out games.

giri

The fucking weird ass thing is that Miami's record against the West is way better than it is against the East

#whyshouldwegiveafucktonight

Yeah, but that shows you the discipline that bulls team had.

72 wins really is a incredible target to get to for a whole season. I mean, think of all the great spurs teams over the last decade, and they aint got there.

linsivvi

i know as a commentator i'd shit on my young players when they're winning blow out games.

It's not saying good things about your young players. It's repeating the same praise every other sentence.

And as I said, it wasn't just this game.

They sounded like Konex on Kobe's dick.

Emwitus

Even more amusing is the harden/dwight combo is currently good enough for the 6th seed and they are trending downwards. It'll be hilarious if they end up 8th.

linsivvi

Even more amusing is the harden/dwight combo is currently good enough for the 6th seed and they are trending downwards. It'll be hilarious if they end up 8th.

Why do you enjoy the suffering of other teams when you can simply include them in your portfolio of teams that you root for instead?

KFIU28n.png

Paul Millsap's new wiki page.

giri

If Harden can't play, Clippers/Warriors will be the only entertaining game.

I mean, i know they make this stuff well in advance. But was Lakers v Heat ever going to be a good game? was just a big market v big market game.

I get the rest of the games though and the marketing that would have been behind them.

Mike D is right. Real fans know having his dumbfuck ass coaching and the team losing is the best thing for the franchise. All of you fairweathers who expect wins can go root for the Clippers.

AcridMeat

Banned
So started a myplayer in 14, nothing too interesting there other than I used the default last name (Roy) and was drafted by the Blazers.

However here's the team I ended up with in this Fuck Da Knicks fantasy draft. I think I had 7th or 8th pick with them, but did Serpentine.
I went with some NBA-GAF favorites and had to keep the splash brothers when I saw I could. I wanted to draft THardJr but he was taken right before my pick.

This made me laugh too.

linsivvi

I mean, i know they make this stuff well in advance. But was Lakers v Heat ever going to be a good game? was just a big market v big market game.

I get the rest of the games though and the marketing that would have been behind them.

I guess they were trying to revive the old Lakers vs Heat Christmas game tradition but yeah I don't see the point.

Shaq is long gone and Kobe aren't the same any more.

Mike D is right. Real fans know having his dumbfuck ass coaching and the team losing is the best thing for the franchise. All of you fairweathers who expect wins can go root for the Clippers.

My first season as a Lakers fan the guy in your avatar was a rookie and they didn't make the playoffs. Those fairweathers Kobe fans can go root for the Heat.

Pkaz01

vegas had the over/under on the total suns wins this season at 19

they are already at 17 with 27 games played

how many wins or what playoff spot does it take for Horny to win COTY?

oh and miles plumlee put up 17/20 tonight. Gerald Green went 6/11 on three pointers thank you pacers.

giri

vegas had the over/under on the total suns wins this season at 19

they are already at 17 with 27 games played

how many wins or what playoff spot does it take for Horny to win COTY?

oh and miles plumlee put up 17/20 tonight. Gerald Green went 6/11 on three pointers thank you pacers.

Vogel or the Portland guy will get COTY. But neither have done as much with as little so quickly as Hornacek.

If the suns sneak a top 4 (fuck you clippers, we coming for you!) he should get COTY. And bledsoe MIP. And Markieff MIP. And Dragic DOTY. (dragon of the year).

Pkaz01

Vogel or the Portland guy will get COTY. But neither have done as much with as little so quickly as Hornacek.

If the suns sneak a top 4 (fuck you clippers, we coming for you!) he should get COTY. And bledsoe MIP. And Markieff MIP. And Dragic DOTY. (dragon of the year).

Miles might be ahead of Markieff but I agree its amazing what hornacek has done.

And shit who knows we are already at the 5th spot LOL Rockets

giri

Miles might be ahead of Markieff but I agree its amazing what hornacek has done.

And shit who knows we are already at the 5th spot LOL Rockets

Fair, Miles might be. Amazing season for him.

How could you care about a series that's already over?

Warriors Clippers is about the only good game.

I'd rather watch the poms have their shit pushed in than any of the nba games other than houston / spurs clips / warriors. And that's assuming harden plays and is sober.

linsivvi

If the pacers can dethrone the heat as the east one seed, Coty has to go to Vogel

The Blazers and the Suns won 33 and 25 games last season respectively. Everyone expected the Pacers to contend this year.

Though I agree that the voters might give it to Vogel anyway.

If the Suns win 45+ games and make the playoffs, I think Hornacek gets it.

Not sure how he doesn't. Pacers having the #1 seed out East is by far a more reasonable proposition heading into the season that Phoenix Suns 5th seed out West at this point.

I know the Lakers should lose, and I've accepted that, but it's fucking difficult to watch them play without a point guard of any kind. The quality of play is fucking brutal. Just because they're going to lose doesn't mean they have to be borderline unwatchable.

Swaggy P is the only thing keeping me going. Which is weird cuz he's still playing pretty well but at least when he's not it's hilarious unlike everyone else which is sad.

Wes Johnson is back to being Wes johnson, though.

linsivvi

If the Suns win 45+ games and make the playoffs, I think Hornacek gets it.

Not sure how he doesn't. Pacers having the #1 seed out East is by far a more reasonable proposition heading into the season that Phoenix Suns 5th seed out West at this point.

I know the Lakers should lose, and I've accepted that, but it's fucking difficult to watch them play without a point guard of any kind. The quality of play is fucking brutal. Just because they're going to lose doesn't mean they have to be borderline unwatchable.

Swaggy P is the only thing keeping me going. Which is weird cuz he's still playing pretty well but at least when he's not it's hilarious unlike everyone else which is sad.

Wes Johnson is back to being Wes johnson, though.

When Blake and Farmar were playing it was more watchable even when they lost. Now it's just brutal.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Bobcats with 4 wins in 5 games in 6 days

Also, Zeller may end up starting after the Xmas break too.

Top Bottom