• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

real talk tho where the hell did all of this come from with lance stephenson

Lance was one of the highest rated recruits in highschool some years back..he was getting as much shine as guys like the Lopez bros, Blake Griffin, John Wall..his off the court insanity damn near tanked his career though.

128jwls_0609.jpg

You have to give credit to guys like Vogel and Brad Stevens for getting potential guys like Jordan Crawford and Lance in a winning mindset.

I wonder what he might be able to do with a guy like Nick Young..

Cloudy

Banned
Yeah he's always been good. Just didn't get too much burn early. Hope he keeps improving cos he's the key to ending Miami's reign of terror lol

I'm pretty sure Lance is NYC's all time high school leading scorer for whatever that's worth

He likely would have been a lotto pick if he didn't have a batshit insane history. And I don't know if it's his angry looking face or whatever but he always looks like he's about to murder someone

A trade I think might be good for both teams:

Ricky Rubio for Isaiah Thomas and Jimmer Fredette

The Kings desperately need someone who can just run an offense and defend the position. The kings are one of the only teams in the league where Rubios negatives may be a positive.

For the Wolves, I don't think Rubio is a good fit for them right now. Isaiah probably works better in that offense and is unquestionably just a better player than Ricky at this point.

Emwitus

A trade I think might be good for both teams:

Ricky Rubio for Isaiah Thomas and Jimmer Fredette

The Kings desperately need someone who can just run an offense and defend the position. The kings are one of the only teams in the league where Rubios negatives may be a positive.

For the Wolves, I don't think Rubio is a good fit for them right now. Isaiah probably works better in that offense and is unquestionably just a better player than Ricky at this point.
Can isiah do anything apart from Score? Then the wolves are better off hoping rubio is an extreme case of Kidd. People forget its been roughly a year and a half since his acl tear.

Can isiah do anything apart from Score? Then the wolves are better off hoping rubio is an extreme case of Kidd. People forget its been roughly a year and a half since his acl tear.

I don't disagree, but there's a reason Kidd was traded during his rookie contract. You either trade Ricky for picks, overpay him, or move him to try to keep Love in town. The former two options pretty much guarantee that Love bails.

A move for Isaiah would be a shot in the dark, but there's a chance they could make the playoffs and mayyyyybe appease Love enough to have him stay.

I fucking hate playing with Isiah Thomas in 2k, every time I set a pick and pop myself open or roll to an open spot near the basket, the fucker never passes, and instead always drives to get his layup blocked

But I love my GM he traded trash for JJ Redick and then traded my two most hated teammates, Patrick Patterson and Travis Outlaw (fuckers don't pass) for Michael Beasley!

I don't disagree, but there's a reason Kidd was traded during his rookie contract. You either trade Ricky for picks, overpay him, or move him to try to keep Love in town. The former two options pretty much guarantee that Love bails.

A move for Isaiah would be a shot in the dark, but there's a chance they could make the playoffs and mayyyyybe appease Love enough to have him stay.

I don't think there's much hope at all of the Wolves keeping Love, barring some miraculous run deep into the playoffs. Making it and getting out in the 1st round would just piss him off further probably. It'd be better just to give this season and the next the best shot with what they've got (+ or - a few tweaks/trades) and position themselves to make a big trade of Love for high picks/players, at least that's how I'm feeling right now..

He's 250 pounds after only having been training to be an athlete for 30 months.

Jabari being a more efficient though slightly less better on the glass version of Carmelo should probably go #1 overall.

I do think Wiggins has the ability to become a more athletic version of Paul George, but I would argue that a significantly more efficient version of Carmelo is more valuable.

He's also doing this at Duke btw, which is traditionally a huge handicap that could give zero fucks about your NBA prospects in regards to their offensive scheme. He'd be putting up Durant at Texas numbers at BYU.

Jabari being a more efficient though slightly less better on the glass version of Carmelo should probably go #1 overall.

I do think Wiggins has the ability to become a more athletic version of Paul George, but I would argue that a significantly more efficient version of Carmelo is more valuable.

He's also doing this at Duke btw, which is traditionally a huge handicap that could give zero fucks about your NBA prospects in regards to their offensive scheme. He'd be putting up Durant at Texas numbers at BYU.

Embiid could be a really athletic version of Marc Gasol and I think that type would still be more valuable than a smart version of Melo.

But Parker is definitely safer. I think Embiid and Parker are the top two guys right now. Wiggins is too out of control and ineffective on offense for me to love despite his defense.

So true.

Despite true NBA fans enjoying the Pacers challenging the Heats dominance of the East and Paul George starting to be a household name, the Pacers are not a draw. They can't even draw well at home.

Paul George a household name...not yet...not close.

In terms of their drawing power, I still remember that year about 4 years back iirc, the Bulls were playing the Pacers in Indiana and it was basically a Bulls home game.

In the playoffs.

Paul George a household name...not yet...not close.

In terms of their drawing power, I still remember that year about 4 years back iirc, the Bulls were playing the Pacers in Indiana and it was basically a Bulls home game.

In the playoffs.

People were still sour about the Pacers/Pistons brawl. Even during our Foster/Murphy/Dunleavy/Diener days Indiana natives were calling our team a bunch of thugs. Things are just now starting to turn around.

People were still sour about the Pacers/Pistons brawl. Even during our Murphy/Dunleavy/Diener days Indiana natives were calling our team a bunch of thugs. Things are just now starting to turn around.

I suppose that makes sense. I am not on the ground in Indiana so I didn't know that sour feeling persisted as recently as a few years back.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Yeah, I think the average fan can name like two players between those teams. They went for marquee value or teams with national followings.

Which they will ruin with those dumb t-shirt unis.

Yep, which is why everyone can't wait to watch Joe Johnson versus Joakim Noah.

Yep, which is why everyone can't wait to watch Joe Johnson versus Joakim Noah.

Derrick Rose vs. the Boston Celtics tribute band guest starring Deron Williams would have been sweet though.

I dunno though - do you guys seriously sit around watching sports on tv all day on Christmas? This is something the women in your family let happen?

Top Bottom