• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

strobogo

Banned
I suppose that makes sense. I am not on the ground in Indiana so I didn't know that sour feeling persisted as recently as a few years back.

Definitely the case. In the few years after the brawl, it seemed like a week didn't go by where someone on the Pacers wasn't on the news for getting into fights or pulling guns at strip clubs, or just generally being out of control. We also had Larry Bird/Walsh publicly chastising the team for their off court behavior on a regular basis. They made it clear that poor off court behavior wouldn't be tolerated even if it meant losing more games. The Pacers were an embarrassment until the last 2-3 years.

I'm not really buying the melo comparison for Parker. Parker has a nba ready body but he doesn't seem to have half the first step of melo. It seems like he could have trouble getting by the better forwards in the league like melo can. His craftiness is good but he'll have to get a lot better at changing directions if he wants to get past people and get his shot off.

I think the one thing everybody can agree with on Christmas is

fuck da knicks

fiddy.gif

I suppose that makes sense. I am not on the ground in Indiana so I didn't know that sour feeling persisted as recently as a few years back.

I suppose that makes sense because its Indiana, birthplace of the Klan and if ever there was a place using "bunch of thugs" as a racial euphemism it would be Indiana.

thekad

Banned
what's wrong with Harden? ankle?

christmas is gonna be lame. I'm not even gonna get to watch the clippers/warriors game.

Yeah he finally shut himself down to get it fully healthy after playing injured all season. Could be a few games or maybe longer.

The latest is that he'll try to play tmrw but I hope not since he'll just Stephen Curry himself and we'll lose anyway.

Oh shit, had no idea. How was the Garde---err
Center?

Just got back to Seattle. Very entertaining game @ the MODA Center last night, reilo.

Man I miss live NBA basketball. :(

Great fan atmosphere in Portland...but fucking A bro...after the game, we tried getting food and literally every restaurant was closed @ 10.

How are you closed @ 10 on a Saturday night?

I only got one salty fan when I told him I was a Laker fan from LA. LOL

dream

Anyone here know how to invite someone to a multiplayer game on the PC version of 2K14? Duki and I have been trying to figure this out for the past 10 minutes with no success.

Anyone here know how to invite someone to a multiplayer game on the PC version of 2K14? Duki and I have been trying to figure this out for the past 10 minutes with no success.

there's two ways of doing it.
via league or setting your country under steam options to some obscure nation like afghanistan. and do a quick match and more so than not, you'll match against each other.
2k servers will search under your specified country first before searching outside.

ps- play you fuck.

dream

there's two ways of doing it.
via league or setting your country under steam options to some obscure nation like afghanistan. and do a quick match and more so than not, you'll match against each other.
2k servers will search under your specified country first before searching outside.

ps- play you fuck.

That is ridiculous. Thanks though. Merry Christmas, kabro.

Saturday should've had plenty open after 10, just gotta know where to go. People do dinner -> shitfaced til 2am -> go home.

We walked around Pioneer Square and couldn't find a single place open that was somewhat reasonable. El Gaucho was open but those menu prices were bananas.

We ended up going to a place called SauceBox, which was fairly close to the hotel.

But the next day, we took advantage of DAT NO SALES TAX on our shopping. :)

Trying to target another game next year, possibly in March sometime. (those Laker ticket prices on March 4th I think are like double what we paid on Saturday)

FML

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
We walked around Pioneer Square and couldn't find a single place open that was somewhat reasonable. El Gaucho was open but those menu prices were bananas.

We ended up going to a place called SauceBox, which was fairly close to the hotel.

But the next day, we took advantage of DAT NO SALES TAX on our shopping. :)

Trying to target another game next year, possibly in March sometime. (those Laker ticket prices on March 4th I think are like double what we paid on Saturday)

FML

Yeah, that area is pretty much businesses with a few restaurants here and there. I know that Punch Bowl Social (which is in Pioneer Place, it's pretty cool) has food that late. Otherwise, you'd have to drive out into the pockets to find something. Pearl District and NW Portland would've had something open, but that's a walk.

Speaking of El Gaucho, that place is legit, but $50 steak houses better be.

Top Bottom