• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

Yeah, that area is pretty much businesses with a few restaurants here and there. I know that Punch Bowl Social (which is in Pioneer Place, it's pretty cool) has food that late. Otherwise, you'd have to drive out into the pockets to find something. Pearl District and NW Portland would've had something open, but that's a walk.

Speaking of El Gaucho, that place is legit, but $50 steak houses better be.

Good advice. I'll check out Punch Bowl Social on a future visit.

Two questions, what is up with asking peeps to take out their CCs at the game? That was a very strange thing to see in person.

Also, Egg McMuffins = We Want Tacos?

I tried starting an EGG MC-MUF-FIN <clap,clap,clapclapclap> chant. No dice. :(

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Two questions, what is up with asking peeps to take out their CCs at the game? That was a very strange thing to see in person.

Before this season, the 100pt game prize was Taco Bell Chalupas. They then sold it to McDonald's and the fans aren't having it. Welcome to Portland!

I would have chanted with you

MVP like it used to be... back before broy broke his knees and all us blazer fans spiraled into the dark place

I saw a guy with a Reuben "The Kobe Stopper" Patterson jersey on.

I thought I was going crazy.

I did see a slick Jerome Kersey jersey though.

1992 Trailblazers were the BEST Blazers.

gSVuHZm.png

El

Oh

El

I saw a guy with a Reuben "The Kobe Stopper" Patterson jersey on.

I thought I was going crazy.

I did see a slick Jerome Kersey jersey though.

1992 Trailblazers were the BEST Blazers.

fuckin' a

Glad you got to see the rose garden go nuts. Until the last couple minutes it was actually pretty tame compared to some of the games I've been to before.

Saw plenty of drexler jerseys, but mostly on kids who probably weren't even alive when he was tearing ass around the league.

Also, wtf is with blaze the trail cat? I gave him a high five on my way to take a piss, so I know he's a legit son of a bitch, but what the fuck does he represent?

Paid $8 for a coors light, too. Oops.

thekad

Banned
Knicks should trade Shumpert/THjr/1st for Lowry and Amir before tomorrow's game.

Lowry/Pipe/Melo/Amir/Chandler is actually a good team if JR can be decent again.

Pop made the christmas schedule people sweat when they decided to make lakers vs heat

they wanted to have a finals rematch but they know that pop would have rested everyone to troll

thank you based Pop , these games are a train wreck

nfl based flex-scheduling

You can't do that with the NBA. Moving an NBA game is very very hard because of travel, sheer amount of games, and the fact that arenas are often booked on other days.

Moving a football game back or forward 3 hours is not close to the same thing at all.

The Lakers will almost always play on Xmas, though I do think (and said it at the time) that it was stupid to pair them against Miami. Should have been against Brooklyn or some such (not that it would have ended up better now that it's come, of course...just at the time).

As a pure NBA fan, the schedule is both mixed with mistakes and bad luck. But as someone who would design the Xmas schedule in the NBA department, it made a lot of sense in July (except the wrong pairing of LA vs Miami).

They could wait two weeks before to announce the teams that are going to play based on rankings/what people wanna see, then re-schedule those other games that might be affected by those changes.

THey have nearly all the major markets covered on XMas day. That's their goal. I think ABC would prefer to have a gimped Lakers vs Heat matchup rather than, say, something like Blazers versus Grizzlies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You can't do that with the NBA. Moving an NBA game is very very hard because of travel, sheer amount of games, and the fact that arenas are often booked on other days.

Moving a football game back or forward 3 hours is not close to the same thing at all.

The Lakers will almost always play on Xmas, though I do think (and said it at the time) that it was stupid to pair them against Miami. Should have been against Brooklyn or some such (not that it would have ended up better now that it's come, of course...just at the time).

As a pure NBA fan, the schedule is both mixed with mistakes and bad luck. But as someone who would design the Xmas schedule in the NBA department, it made a lot of sense in July (except the wrong pairing of LA vs Miami).

You wouldn't need to move the game really, just the announcing/broadcast crews.

linsivvi

They could've made two more watchable games with these same teams by just having Heat vs Thunder and the LOL match of Nets vs Knicks.

Nori Chan

Merry Christmas best gaf from the west side. Enjoy the time and be safe.

lets all waste our time watching basketball and bitching to each other

Merry Christmas and fuck the Knicks.

giri

Merry Christmas best gaf from the west side. Enjoy the time and be safe.

lets all waste our time watching basketball and bitching to each other

Merry Christmas and fuck the Knicks.

Thanks Nori-Kun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xmas should always be rematch #1 between previous finals teams

So Pop could troll?

Eh, yeah, basically.

out side lakers v heat, every other match up has a marketable story line based on last years performances or non-injury.

Lakers v Heat is just large market v large market for the sake of it and because spurs v heat would have seen pop rest 3 players, minimum.

pilonv1

THey have nearly all the major markets covered on XMas day. That's their goal. I think ABC would prefer to have a gimped Lakers vs Heat matchup rather than, say, something like Blazers versus Grizzlies.

I'm pretty sure this is the reason why, better to take the chance on a big market team being good rather than trying to sell a small market team.

I do agree with DY though that they could schedule a few more games on Xmas day and flex the good ones in.

But again, I would think there's too much in it for ABC/ESPN to have 5 straight games with no competition.

You wouldn't need to move the game really, just the announcing/broadcast crews.

I don't see how that helps.

edit: Unless you're saying they should have like 10 games and flex in the 5 that people will want to see. Which I'm fine with.

That said, I think this is a fluke year. For the most part, the NBA correctly predicts teams. No one knew Rose would get hurt or that that the Nets would bomb hard (and now Lopez hurt). It's the only year I can remember with most of the games being duds. Next season will return to glory.

Emwitus

If the Lakers win today lol itll be our world cup and the best gift on this commercial holiday
Edit: lebron has highest fg % in the paint ? Lol today he'll be 100%

Top Bottom