• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Clippers are gonna win because Portland is a jumpshooting team? What does Chuck think the Clippers are?

reilo

Every team besides the Grizz/Spurs/Pacers/Heat are jumpshooting teams to chuck breh
The Spurs, who were the best threeball team last season? And the Pacers, anchored by a jumpshooter in PG? Unless he thinks David West and Hibbert are an inside threat?

Last three championships were won by jumpshooting teams lol.

Top 10 teams in FGA < 5ft in 2012-13:

1. Nuggets
  2. Pistons
  3. Rockets
  4. Bucks
  5. Kings
  6. Timberwolves
  7. Hornets
  8. Bobcats
  9. Grizzlies
  10. Spurs

The Spurs, who were the best threeball team last season? And the Pacers, anchored by a jumpshooter in PG? Unless he thinks David West and Hibbert are an inside threat?

1. Nuggets
  2. Pistons
  3. Rockets
  4. Bucks
  5. Kings
  6. Timberwolves
  7. Hornets
  8. Bobcats
  9. Grizzlies
  10. Spurs

They aren't?

Fun Fact: this is the second TrailBlazers game I have seen this year and on the first on TV.

Fuck you ComCast and your shitty blackout areas. I'm not getting your shitty cable service.

Emwitus

1. Nuggets
  2. Pistons
  3. Rockets
  4. Bucks
  5. Kings
  6. Timberwolves
  7. Hornets
  8. Bobcats
  9. Grizzlies
  10. Spurs
the way you score inside the paint is a better indicator of how well these teams play. Spurs have great interior passing that leads to points in the paint. Teams like the nuggets / rockets just run.

reilo

the way you score inside the paint is a better indicator of how well these teams play. Spurs have great interior passing that leads to points in the paint. Teams like the nuggets / rockets just run.
Yea, and Chuck's argument is that the best teams get those types of fastbreaks moreso than the lesser teams, but the stats don't back that up.

Emwitus

Yea, and Chuck's argument is that the best teams get those types of fastbreaks moreso than the lesser teams, but the stats don't back that up.
Lol agreed. I still couldn't tell if chuck was talking about the blazers or clippers during the break

Had no idea that Portlad were 29th in points in the paint and 26th in fastbreak points while the clippers are 19th and 6th. So I guess by that logic it might mean that the Clips are less of a 'jumpshooting' team lol.

Hibbert can only score on guys that are severely undersized guys are defending him and the spirits of Shaq's and Hakeem's primes possess him when he goes against Bosh.

West isn't much of an inside scorer either; Unless Battier is guarding him.

I'd still call them threats. Hibbert was 17 & 10 in the playoffs, West 16 & 7 with most of his points down low. I don't think their's a 4-5 combo that puts up more pts.

Edit: nm blazers & clippers

I'd still call them threats. Hibbert was 17 & 10 in the playoffs, West 16 & 7 with most of his points down low. I don't think their's a 4-5 combo that puts up more pts.
Off the top of my head....
Kevin Love and Pekovic

Anthony Davis and Ryan Anderson

LeBron spends over 80% of his minutes playing PF so you cold say Bosh and LeBron

Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol

Hawes and Young

reilo

What?

Aldridge Lopez, Griffin Jordan, Love Pekovic, Monroe Drummond, Randolph Gasol, Davis Anderson all put up more this season... Hell, Aldridge Hickson averaged more last season. And that's game in game out, and not a matchup. Hibbert isn't a 17PPG player, more like 12PPG.

reilo

Millsap Horford, Nowitzki Wright, Dwight Jones, and even Melo Chandler... That's half the damn league's 4+5s I named that average more points than Hibbert/West.

Top Bottom