• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

WoJ said:
About Bynum suspension, league source tells Yahoo: "He doesn't want to play basketball anymore. He never liked it that much in first place."

Bynum saving the Cavs from themselves, will help them save $6 million and will help the team a great deal on the court with this as well considering that he can't play anymore.

dalVlatko

And that's the end of the Bynum experiment. It was worth a shot but there was no point to him being on the team anymore.
can't they terminate the contract really soon if he didn't meet all of the milestones.

They should.He sucks.

He was guaranteed $6m and if he is on the team after January 7th he gets another $6m I think

Apparently he just quit but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't going to get cut anyway

Bynum is a professional thief.

I have no sympathy for pieces of shit who collect paychecks and make no earnest attempt to really earn it the way their peers have.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't understand why they aren't just waiving him. What are they trying to do here? He'll still be on the roster and still get his money that they otherwise wouldn't have to pay him if they just released him now.

I don't understand why they aren't just waiving him. What are they trying to do here? He'll still be on the roster and still get his money that they otherwise wouldn't have to pay him if they just released him now.

His 46 TS% is just too valuable to let go.

Or they think he has value around the league?

Cavs have suspended C Andrew Bynum indefinitely and he's now on the trade block, sources tell ESPN. Story coming soon.

So, could a team trade a $12 million guy for Bynum, and then waive Bynum and save $6 million? Could be somewhat valuable I guess.

Might try to trade him to a team that wants to shed salary in exchange for a competent wing. Alonzo Gee and Earl Clark aren't cutting it.

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 2m
Only $6 million of Bynum's contract is guaranteed until Jan. 7 when other $6M is guaranteed. That fact will affect trade options/interest.

Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 4m
Cavs have suspended C Andrew Bynum indefinitely and he's now on the trade block, sources tell ESPN. Story coming soon.

Looks like a trade is at least a consideration. Don't know who would take him.

Good thing the cavs draftee Anthony bennett
He really needs to go to the D-League. Saying "but he's the #1 pick!" is moronic, he's not in the rotation and clearly needs confidence. Let him go down to Canton to get in shape and beat up on some scrubs. If Thabeet can get sent down there's no reason Bennett can't.

Cloudy

Banned

He has played great at times and maybe they don't want to look shady by cutting him so close to the guarantee date.

linsivvi

he'll be broke in 5 years and then he'll realize how much he fucked up.

Pretty much. Dude was a piece of shit from the beginning. When you're playing for Phil Jackson and you're a teenager you don't complain about playing time, yet he did. That was the big warning sign.

I am amazed he didn't self-combust until now. The Lakers dodged a bullet!

Cloudy

Banned
I don't think there would be anything shady about it. That date is there for a reason. Other teams might trade for him simply because of that date, after all.

No one is gonna trade for him before the 7th so they have to waive him or eat that money

Simmons:

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 5s
6 - Last note... This is super-important because a semi-healthy Bynum could swing the title race if he lands with Heat or Clips. Stay tuned.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 18s
5 - No team will trade for Bynum and spend 6 mill if he doesn't want to play there. He's playing this perfectly. Depressing but true.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 2m
4 - Also hearing he'd consider Boston - Celts have expirings/assets to get him (if they wanted him). His ideal teams are Miami/Clips though.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 4m
3 - From what I hear, Bynum wants to end up with Heat or Clips. But he'd have to be released + Cavs want to trade him (see @WindhorstESPN).

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 7m
2 - Cavs' big mistake was including a Jan. 7 opt-out deadline for them to guarantee rest of Bynum's deal this year. Gave him an out.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 10m
1 - Expect Bynum to miraculously regain his love for basketball once he gets away from this messy Cavs situation. He has an end game here.

Cloudy

Banned
Why? You think a deal couldn't be worked out in a week and a half?

Why guarantee $6 mil for Bynum and his attitude and/or health issues if you can get him for nothing in a few days? The only way I see a trade happening is if 2 contenders who need big man help try to block each other

Why guarantee $6 mil for Bynum and his attitude and/or health issues if you can get him for nothing in a few days? The only way I see a trade happening is if 2 contenders who need big man help try to block each other
I don't think he wants to play basketball anymore from what I'm reading on twitter. You could move a bigger contract and then cut Bynum while only eating the 6M in salary, there are ways to save money.

You're asking the question as if somebody is interested in keeping him. The other question would be why keep $12 million in dead contract weight when you can exchange it just for $6 million?

Act now, supplies are limited. Offer expires January 7, terms and conditions apply.

Bynum probably came into a realization that he cab actually finish the season playing and healthy so why not finish it with a contender to make it worth your while.

Bynums attitude went shit too after his b2b chips. Seems like he doesn't want obstacles, just want it easy.

Into

Maybe the only organization that could get something valuable out of Bynum is the Heat. He would have Pat Riley, Wade and LeBron on his ass, as well as Spo and the rest of the boys. Because he did perform in LA when guys like Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant, as well as the Laker organization were breathing down his neck. At smaller franchises like Philly and Cavs he was the big dog, the NBA champion, so he did whatever the hell he wanted to.

He could also be a complete cancer to the locker room, the man just does not seem like he gives a shit about basketball, and is taking everyone for a ride.

Top Bottom