• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 2m
Re Cavs: When a franchise assembles a roster full of players who don't value and respect each other, that's not the coach. Front office.

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 45m
Couple weeks ago in Cleveland I tweeted the Cavs have a chemistry problem. It appears to be nitro now. What an implosion.

When the beat writer for the Bobcats is slamming you, you know you're doing something wrong.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Maybe the only organization that could get something valuable out of Bynum is the Heat. He would have Pat Riley, Wade and LeBron on his ass, as well as Spo and the rest of the boys. Because he did perform in LA when guys like Phil Jackson and Kobe Bryant, as well as the Laker organization were breathing down his neck. At smaller franchises like Philly and Cavs he was the big dog, the NBA champion, so he did whatever the hell he wanted to.

He could also be a complete cancer to the locker room, the man just does not seem like he gives a shit about basketball, and is taking everyone for a ride.

They would give him the minimum to sign with them and they would cut him at the sign of the first problems or if he's just finished.

I'm not really seeing the drawbacks here. They could use him in a matchup against Indiana or in the finals against Houston or whoever makes it out, which is basically the only reason they'd need to sign him anyway.

Smokey

They would give him the minimum to sign with them and they would cut him at the sign of the first problems or if he's just finished.

I'm not really seeing the drawbacks here. They could use him in a matchup against Indiana or in the finals against Houston or whoever makes it out, which is basically the only reason they'd need to sign him anyway.

i see you

Some quotes making it into the ESPN article, nothing particularly informative. Coach speak.

It is unclear what led to Bynum's suspension. Cavs coach Mike Brown did not disclose any details regarding the suspension but expressed concern for his players.

"I'm worried about the guys in the locker room," Brown said prior to Saturday afternoon's game. "It's simple as that. In our business, there are a lot of ups and a lot of downs throughout the season.

"So what you do as a head coach is keep moving forward. Any time you look back on anything or dwell on anything, is wasted energy from the guys in the locker room, which is obviously very important."

After missing all of last season with knee injuries, Bynum has returned to play in 24 games (19 starts) this season, averaging 8.6 points and 5.3 rebounds while shooting just 42 percent from the floor. But Brown believes that the 26-year-old Bynum, a former All-Star, still can be a high-impact player.

"Yeah, he's a good player," Brown said. "I think everybody saw glimpses of it."

Bynum has admitted on several occasions that he's struggled mentally with learning to play with less mobility and in pain with his knees. Brown also refuted the notion that the 7-foot Bynum doesn't like basketball.

"I've never heard that before," Brown said. "That's something that you'd have to catch up with him and ask."

MeatyAchingCurlew.gif

lol

This is the most fuckball thing I've seen since that Zack Randolph gif.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
sam_amick
No surprise, but I'm told the Clippers would have interest in Andrew Bynum if he's released. Final $6 mil of his deal guaranteed Jan. 7.

Some quotes making it into the ESPN article, nothing particularly informative. Coach speak.

So essentially Mike Brown remains clueless. If he has no desire to play or lacks drive because of his knee injury issues, that's something you should research and ask about before giving him 6/12 mil. You're trying to tell me all these "sources" don't float this stuff around in private when negotiations or interest is shown in a player like him?

Bu bu bu dat Lambo tho

Is he buying each model they make?

linsivvi

So essentially Mike Brown remains clueless. If he has no desire to play or lacks drive because of his knee injury issues, that's something you should research and ask about before giving him 6/12 mil. You're trying to tell me all these "sources" don't float this stuff around in private when negotiations or interest is shown in a player like him?

Mike Brown is clueless, but it wasn't him who signed Bynum.

His boss did.

methodman

Banned
So bill simmons is saying Bynum would like to go to the clippers and heat, which makes sense. But... Why the fuck would the third team be the celtics? BS is such a homer lol

Is he buying each model they make?
Chris Grant decided to sign him not Mike Brown. Come on son.

linsivvi

You're asking the question as if somebody is interested in keeping him. The other question would be why keep $12 million in dead contract weight when you can exchange it just for $6 million?

Act now, supplies are limited. Offer expires January 7, terms and conditions apply.

Actually a player's full contract of the season is counted towards the cap, not half.

So if Bynum is traded, he would've counted $12M towards the cap. That makes it very difficult for the Heat or Clippers to trade for him, even if they don't mind paying the luxury tax.

Most likely a team will just sign him after Jan 7th.

Chris Grant decided to sign him not Mike Brown. Come on son.

I know he didn't sign him directly. The gist of it is that Mike Brown previously coached the guy. I can't believe that he can't get in the ear of his GM and warn him that Bynum not be the best thing for a team trying to rebuild. Then to come out publicly and feign ignorance directing the questions to the player himself. Mike Brown And the Cave are idiots if they never put any thought into the process of signing Bynum.

I know he didn't sign him directly. The gist of it is that Mike Brown previously coached the guy. I can't believe that he can't get in the ear of his GM and warn him that Bynum not be the best thing for a team trying to rebuild. Then to come out publicly and feign ignorance directing the questions to the player himself. Mike Brown And the Cave are idiots if they never put any thought into the process of signing Bynum.
When Mike Brown coached Bynum he was an all-star and the best center in basketball. You're putting the blame on the wrong person no matter how you look at it.

RBH

Does anyone have that gif of Stan Van Gundy looking up at the scoreboard followed by him having a "WTF" look on his face?

Been looking for it.

I want no part of Bynum on the Heat. Not even if he's healthy.

Guy is a selfish player and I don't see how him going to Miami will change that. That's how much of a turd of a human being I think he is.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I want no part of Bynum on the Heat. Not even if he's healthy.

Guy is a selfish player and I don't see how him going to Miami will change that. That's how much of a turd of a human being I think he is.

People were saying the same exact shit about Beasley this offseason.

Heat could use a guy of his size for the playoffs. I don't see the harm of giving him a deal and seeing if it works out for a month or so during the regular season.

Your owner is a dumbfuck. Anything is poooosssiiiiiiibbbllleeeeee!

Varejao is still on the roster.

The Cavs are not the organization to try and get something out of Bynum. There's no culture of winning or tradition there. You expect the same guy that didn't even take being a Laker seriously to come to your organization and act like a consummate professional? lulz.

People were saying the same exact shit about Beasley this offseason.

Heat could use a guy of his size for the playoffs. I don't see the harm of giving him a deal and seeing if it works out for a month or so during the regular season.

But I know Beas. He's a follower, not a leader. Bynum isn't either. He just does whatever the fuck he wants.

I hate the way Bynum plays. He will kill so many possessions and he isn't exactly a defensive presence either. If we wanted a fat fuck for "Size" we might as well go sign Mike Sweetney.

Pretty sure you can find random fat, seven footers who can't play offense or jump without a ton of difficultly. I guess there's not that much harm to getting Bynum, but he's really bad at this point and won't swing a title.

And yet we're only 2.5 games out of the playoffs playing terrible basketball so what's your point? We'll probably make the playoffs unless Kyrie/Varejao gets hurt.

That you could use the veteran leadership and swan-like finesse of Señor Pau Gasol for the low low price of a 2015 first round draft pick. Act now supplies are limited.

That you could use the veteran leadership and swan-like finesse of Señor Pau Gasol for the low low price of a 2015 first round draft pick. Act now supplies are limited.
Which brings me back to my original point that the cavs won't give up cap flexibility or draft picks to add old ass Pau Gasol to a young and crowded front court.

I tried to tell y'all about Bynum.

Oh ok, so not an injury.

ANDREW BYNUM - DNP (STEALING MONEY)

Thank Zod Jim Buss didn't max deal that guy.

mamadamus (and all Laker/Philly fans) know that he is about stealing money. Not sure why anyone would give him a long term deal at this point.

You would literally be giving money away with zero ROI.

Which brings me back to my original point that the cavs won't give up cap flexibility or draft picks to add old ass Pau Gasol to a young and crowded front court.

Pau is an expiring contract so it doesn't really hurt any cap flexibility. And you will only fuck up whatever draft pick you have the same way you have the last 3. It's like a no-lose situation for Cleveland, which has to be appealing because normally that town loses at everything.

how the fuck are you complaining about about making millions?
are you that fucking aloof that you need to complain about how the passion isnt there anymore?
let's see that same attitude when he runs out of money in a couple of years and he's playing soccer next to iverson somehwere in yurop.

Top Bottom