• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

dalVlatko

You guys are crazy if you think Waiters is going to be part of the trade for Gasol

q0NwHui.png

The only thing Grant has proved to be good at is spending Gilbert's money so he can win trades, he is not going to give up a lot for a rental of Gasol.
I hope. :(

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nice to see other teams get the apology as well.

It felt like the Raps led the league in NBA apologies for botched calls last year.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Yeah, this whole changing the way you ref due to certain players or time left in game is BS.

A foul is a foul is a foul no matter who it is and when it happens.

Same with travelling. Steps is steps.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=10221541

NBA acknowledges the missed call.

I get not wanting to call a bailout foul but that was blatant.

I hate this shit. Why the fuck does it matter if the NBA acknowledges it? Why do they send out these releases? It doesn't change the outcome of the game. Hell, I'd be even more pissed if I were the player.

Make the fucking call right there and then or don't make it at all. The league's officiating needs an enema.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Lakers would probably just cut Bynum before the 7th if that trade went down. They're most likely going all in on the tank, ala Spurs.

This is an NBA/Ref issue. "Swallow the whistle" reasons.

Court call presents a pretty interesting psychology of the ref's perspective if you haven't watched any of the episodes yet. I think they genuinely believe in some of the crazy shit that they call/don't call. Swallowing the whistle is one of those bizarre spirit of the game rules that I don't understand. I guess it might make for better tv?

The claim that they're letting the players decide the game is bogus. If a player gets hacked at the end of the game, it's still the players deciding the game, but they're deciding it by transgressing the fouling rules.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I think the league apology is horse shit. Because I don't think it was a foul in the first place. That was hand + ball which is legal, the ball never left his hands before contact. He barely touched the forearm if he even did.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Marion wacked his arm dude

He reaches across and slaps the ball out by hitting Love's hand and the ball. I am not seeing the arm getting wacked part anywhere before the ball is already up in the air. Contact after he already lost possession of the ball is incidental.

Love flops (he should be fined for this but they aren't going to rub it in his face) after losing the ball. Honestly I think the call could go either way and in today's game its more often a foul because the shooter will get the benefit of the flop there. Really don't think the league needed to apologize for it. Apologies should be for calls that are way more egregious than that.

Of course the league shouldn't be needing to apologize for shit in the first place. Get better refs.

reilo

I think the league apology is horse shit. Because I don't think it was a foul in the first place. That was hand + ball which is legal, the ball never left his hands before contact. He barely touched the forearm if he even did.
You can't hit the forearm dude, especially the elbow. Like ever. Even if he touched the ball. That call wasn't even close to being clean.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Hand/ball applies to dribbling way more than shooting. Especially on the perimeter.

You're pretty wrong.

Court call presents a pretty interesting psychology of the ref's perspective if you haven't watched any of the episodes yet. I think they genuinely believe in some of the crazy shit that they call/don't call. Swallowing the whistle is one of those bizarre spirit of the game rules that I don't understand. I guess it might make for better tv?

The claim that they're letting the players decide the game is bogus. If a player gets hacked at the end of the game, it's still the players deciding the game, but they're deciding it by transgressing the fouling rules.

Exactly. Playing good, aggressive defense is different than whacking the shit out of a shooter's elbow during a jump shot. And in this case, Love would still have to make the free throws.

reilo

Hand/ball applies to slapping the ball on an upward motion when dribbling, not really when shooting. The biggest thing about a clean block is:

• Clean contact with the ball (ie don't hit the dudes arm!)
  • Not using a downward motion with your arms (keep them up)
  • Lower body contact

Best-Gaf have a Happy New Year! I'm out for the day. Family party tonight at my sister's house and I plan on praying the Basketball gods that the Lakers continue to tank.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Celtics play like beast in the 1st half then turtle the rest of the game.

It's an amazing sight to see.

Jeff-DSA

Trey Burke is too good and the Riggin for Wiggins, Play Sorry for Jabari, and all other catchy tank campaigns are pretty much dead. It was a fun time to hope, Jazz fans, but we'll be ending up with another 6'7" European with "lots of upside" again.

IWMTB

I just discovered Zach LaVine.

I said wow.

His hops are amazing, but his stats kind of suck (20 free throws and 34 rebounds throughout all of non-conference play) other than his shooting percentages.

Which is the exact opposite of his teammates, Kyle Anderson (statistically similar to Magic Johnson and Grant Hill) and Jordan Adams (best steal rate in 15 years). Neither of whom can run or jump.

Going to watch more of UCLA now that they'll be playing real teams.

Top Bottom