• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I've already heard friends saying this is a dumb trade we could have got more if we held out.

Another saying Rudy Gay is a top 5 SF in the league and we should be able to get back a ransom not scrubs.

I might go lie down for a bit.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I've already heard friends saying this is a dumb trade we could have got more if we held out.

Another saying Rudy Gay is a top 5 SF in the league and we should be able to get back a ransom not scrubs.

Tell them that's not how either tanking or reality work.

Weren't some of your friends saying the same thing when you guys traded Primo?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rockets and ft's smh

You friends sound like they don't watch much basketball, you should stick with us from here on out.

Pkaz01

The one thing i took away from that, long term, Dragic & Bledsoe can't start together.
Im still unsure how that situation plays out. I dont think McD will do anything anytime soon with either player unless he gets the feeling bledsoe wont re sign. It would be silly to move dragic without locking up bledsoe. I dont know if dragic is a consistent enough 3 point shooter to make the back court work out to its potential. I dont think its been bad i just think they both need the ball to produce at their highest level. If u have a player who u arent letting produce at their best because u are forcing them to play sg ur better of trading him before u diminish his production and value

giri

If you're going to have Rudy Gay, you have to try something at least to try get his efficiency up and he kind of has the measurements?

Maybe my view of reality is distorted by watching Marvin Williams do OK starting at PF.

Probably the latter. He doesn't have the frame to play at the 4.

He's just a big 3 like KD/PG.

Obviously not skill wise, just physically.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Weren't some of your friends saying the same thing when you guys traded Primo?

They definitely were and right now still won't admit we did well on the trade.

You friends sound like they don't watch much basketball, you should stick with us from here on out.

They actually watch tons of basketball, all guys who played overseas and in college but the major difference in how they view games versus any of us here is just they eyeball it and don't care much for stats/advanced stats etc. So to them Rudy Gay was good once it means he's good forever and he's a name so he's great.

It's my curse of actually reading up on stuff online. I'm not huge on the advanced stats but know enough to understand major problems with players.

They just showed this dancing usher at the Detroit-Miami game to which our color guy said "That looks like Ray Allen!" Then realizing how awkward that was he said "Ray just does everything..."

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

What the fuck

I'm sorry samurai :(

Eleuin

While I do agree, who is going to score? Demar can only do so much and Val has regressed this year offensively. Maybe Amir will average 30ppg before we trade him.
Val has been suffering from the offensive black holes not giving him the ball

---

Lowry and Amir are the only non sophomores worth anything, I see Lowry next

rinse82

Why? The raptors just got better

They probably did, but this sets the wheels in motion for the full-on tank.

Lowry is next.

Also, I think Salmons will be dealt by the Feb deadline. He's only guaranteed $1M next year.

DeRozan and Amir will probably be shopped as well.

WIGGINS SAVE US

1297425067658_ORIGINAL.jpg

Matrix

Harden playing great D two games in a row... wtf is going on

linsivvi

The early December schedule for the Pacers is just brutal.

Clippers, Blazers, Jazz, Spurs, Thunder, Heat.

If the Heat can't make up ground after this stretch, they might as well give up that first seed.

The early December schedule for the Pacers is just brutal.

Clippers, Blazers, Jazz, Spurs, Thunder, Heat.

If the Heat can't make up ground after this stretch, they might as well give up that first seed.

1st or 2nd seed doesn't really matter bottom 5 of the east is horrible (bottom 5 SEEDS)

Top Bottom