• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
WTF are you doing Portland.

EDIT: Damn LMA, that's the shit!

giri

Speaking of chuckers.

Man, Lillard is having a rough start to the year. his FG% == 3pt%

And Assists are down.

reilo

Speaking of chuckers.

Man, Lillard is having a rough start to the year. his FG% == 3pt%

And Assists are down.

His 2PT FG% is terrible, not sure what's up. He's not taking a lot of bad midrange shots, but he's taking really difficult at rim shots.

But he's contributing and still running the offense extremely well. His ORtg is up, DRtg down (good!), and TOV% is down.

So I'm not too worried because he's still a huge net-positive.

His 4th quarter production is out of this world though. Some ridiculous 3PT% and perfect from the freethrow line.

reilo

How was that a foul on Lopez... Ref bought on Blake's flop...

giri

His TS% is exactly the same as last year while his Assist to Turnover ratio is much better while he leads the third best offense in the NBA?

Explained by his 3pt & FT % being better, and his FG% being not that great last year anyway.

The assists number is more surprising in a raw number when you consider that Matthews is shooting his best in a long time. I'm surprised it's not up around 8per

reilo

Explained by his 3pt & FT % being better, and his FG% being not that great last year anyway.

The assists number is more surprising in a raw number when you consider that Matthews is shooting his best in a long time. I'm surprised it's not up around 8per

He's more of an initiator on offense than creator. Portland runs a lot of inside-out, weak-to-strong ball movement.

Usually when Matthews gets the pass, it's because it's from good ball movement after the second and third pass and not from Lillard breaking down the offense ala CP3 or Brandon Roy style ISOs. Stotts doesn't have him run that kind of offense.

Portland is also 20th in Pace this season.

giri

He's more of an initiator on offense than creator. Portland runs a lot of inside-out, weak-to-strong ball movement.

Usually when Matthews gets the pass, it's because it's from good ball movement after the second and third pass and not from Lillard breaking down the offense ala CP3 or Brandon Roy style ISOs. Stotts doesn't have him run that kind of offense.

Portland is also 20th in Pace this season.

I'd say from what i've seen, he doesn't really run the offense, a lot of it is passing out of the post (as you say) and less reliant on Lillard in general. It really only seems to go through him later in the game.

I think you all should do it pro bono for saving you guys from overpaying for Eric Gordon.

EG was a sun you'd be seeing people bitch about him the way they do Harden!

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
So who has this year's new York pick? Talk about the wrong year to trade your pick.

Edit: I mean 2014, and it looks like it's the Nuggets.

reilo

So who has this year's new York pick? Talk about the wrong year to trade your pick.

Denver, thanks to the Melo trade. Melo is finally going to turn into the superstar everyone thought he could become!

Denver, thanks to the Melo trade. Melo is finally going to turn into the superstar everyone thought he could become!

asn5.jpg

reilo

Also giri, Stotts loves to have Batum run point-forward, that's why you see his assist numbers are ridiculous (5APG, 21AST%). Mo Williams also plays a lot of PG with Damian at SG. Mo's at 4.8 APG (!!) with a 28AST% (!!).

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Edit: I mean 2014, and it looks like it's the Nuggets.

Nuggets do have it unless they have a worse record (well more accurately worse draft position) than the Knicks this year (somehow!) then Orlando ends up getting it.

reilo

That Freeland dunk is exactly what we were just discussing giri lol. Batum got the assist. Batum in triple-double territory again.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Epic choke aside, the fact that Miami needed 3 clutch Bosh 3s to win is pretty lol

and Kemba getting ran over by Cole still has me feeling some kinda way

giri

They should try fixing Alex Len first to be honest I have no idea wtf is going on there

Len is back running.

He looks awfully stiff because it appears his ankles are basically under 3 inches of strapping, then put in boots, then shoes.

Gon be a long recovery for him i think.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Len is back running.

He looks awfully stiff because it appears his ankles are basically under 3 inches of strapping, then put in boots, then shoes.

Hope it's not a zydrunas type situation where he is fucked up for years.

Bummed about the brow too wanted to see him get some national recognition. Dudes playing like the best or second best 4 in the game.

reilo

Oh SHIT. If Portland wins, they're #1 in the West since they hold the tie-breaker over the Spurs.

So, NBA gaf fantasy guys, looks like I've made the playoffs as the most dangerous 6th seed of all time

Kad your dream is dead week 1 of the playoffs

Jonm1010

Banned
Well Fuck me!

Speculation is a minimum of 4-6 weeks for Anthony Davis to return. This during one of our most brutal stretch of games when we were finally somewhat clicking as a team.

Playoffs were already unlikely but now they seem impossible.

But were too talented to place in the bottom 5 in the league so we can keep our top 5 protected pick.

Honestly Philly may have just hit the jackpot. We're probably gonna finish right outside of the bottom 5 in the draft order and they are gonna get a nice high pick to go along with Nerlens Noel next year.

Pkaz01

Len is back running.

Looks like it for sure last game he played was against the kings 6 games ago and that was for 10 minutes. He must be super frustrated right now I am frustrated for him lol. He just needs to work to get bigger during this time

Well Fuck me!

Speculation is a minimum of 4-6 weeks for Anthony Davis to return. This during one of our most brutal stretch of games when we were finally somewhat clicking as a team.

Playoffs were already unlikely but now they seem impossible.

But were too talented to place in the bottom 5 in the league so we can keep our top 5 protected pick.

Honestly Philly may have just hit the jackpot. We're probably gonna finish right outside of the bottom 5 in the draft order and they are gonna get a nice high pick to go along with Nerlens Noel next year.

sorry about shitty amare injuring davis =(

reilo

Don't blow this fuckers. Bench playing like ass last two games.

Top Bottom