• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

Portland, your #1 seed in the West in December.

DKxAUgH.png

WHAT THE FUCK

ohhhh man...

pacers are gonna wreck us if we don't shoot lights out from 3

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Fuck da Knicks

*cries* fucking shit fucking shitty fucking team god fucking dammit.. So disappointed.

Exokell

Banned
so whose your top 3 on the upcoming draft? wiggins seems to be another overhyped player, we aint getting another lebron

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
so whose your top 3 on the upcoming draft? wiggins seems to be another overhyped player, we aint getting another lebron

Well if he is good enough we will be getting a Wiggins

Pkaz01

On the next gen 2k14 anyone know how to access the mycareer menu that shows whether your responses are having a positive or negative effect on team chemistry? I completely forgot where that screen was

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I think they realized they couldn't tank when everyone realized they had a better record than most of the east. Most Western teams can't handle that Eastern tank-life

Two of the worst teams in the East don't even got a pick man.

diehard

Fleer
I think they realized they couldn't tank when everyone realized they had a better record than most of the east. Most Western teams can't handle that Eastern tank-life

true tanking comes in the form of what moves you make in the offseason imo.

They also started the year off decent.

linsivvi

The Lakers went out and signed decent vets, they aren't tanking.

Which part of Nick Young, Wesley Johnson and Shawne Williams sounds decent to you? The only decent player they signed is Farmar.

The team is loaded with multiple shoot first and shoot second Jodie Meeks type wing players which is a decent formula for tanking with style, and they are 5-8 against the West so far. The only problem is that they underestimated the shamelessness of the East.

On a separate note, "I think we're playing to lose."

Guess who?

giri

Which part of Nick Young, Wesley Johnson and Shawne Williams sounds decent to you? The only decent player they signed is Farmar.

The team is loaded with multiple shoot first and shoot second Jodie Meeks type wing players which is a decent formula for tanking with style, and they are 5-8 against the West so far. The only problem is that they underestimated the shamelessness of the East.

On a separate note, "I think we're playing to lose."

Guess who?

Bizzare situation goin on there.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Biyombo 9 minutes

MKG 24 minutes

I'm so sorry cats fans
Ridiculous

Adrien and McBob are good, nice guys but come the fuck on. Zeller isn't ever going to be a sparkplug big and Adrien simply isn't as good as last year's Biz.

thekad

Banned
With the Pelicans effectively eliminated from the playoffs, I wonder if Monty will rev up the tank engines to try and drag them into the vaunted bottom 5 teams. Sixers v Pelicans games could turn into all-time classics.

That JRue Holiday trade now looks even more terrible than before. He's still at garbage-tier levels of efficiency despite now being a low usage player surrounded by great offensive players and the Pelicans gave up two lottery picks for him.

That JRue Holiday trade now looks even more terrible than before. He's still at garbage-tier levels of efficiency despite now being a low usage player surrounded by great offensive players and the Pelicans gave up two lottery picks for him.

that trade was animal dumb from the moment it went down

Forget having the chance of drafting the best defensive front court tandem of all time while staying bad enough to get Smart/Jabari/Wiggins

nah, lets get Jrue Holiday

fucking what

Cheddahz

Banned
I thought everyone here was praising the Jrue trade when it happened? Oh well, looks like the 76ers have a much brighter future now thanks to Jrue!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I thought everyone here was praising the Jrue trade when it happened? Oh well, looks like the 76ers have a much brighter future now thanks to Jrue!
Here?

I don't think so. Especially because Vasquez was playing well too.

that trade was animal dumb from the moment it went down

Forget having the chance of drafting the best defensive front court tandem of all time while staying bad enough to get Smart/Jabari/Wiggins

nah, lets get Jrue Holiday

fucking what

It was always terrible, but there was always the thought that maybe now that JRue Holiday was going from a terrible offensive scheme with bad offensive teammates to an OK offensive scheme with elite teammates, he would be able to raise his efficiency to non-garbage levels and not be that bad while Davis and Ryno lead them to the playoffs (so the pick given up might not be as valuable). And those things haven't happened at all. Giving up an all-time great defensive prospect and a second lottery pick for the PG version of Rudy Gay will be what AD directly references in the Decision 2019.

Teams want to complain about keeping their stars and then pull a Cleveland and New Orleans with GM decisions that seem like they come from casual fans.

NBA is still the only sport I know of where GM's are just consistently inferior to random posters on the internet in regards to player evaluation.

xnipx

It was always terrible, but there was always the thought that maybe now that JRue Holiday was going from a terrible offensive scheme with bad offensive teammates to an OK offensive scheme with elite teammates, he would be able to raise his efficiency to non-garbage levels and not be that bad while Davis and Ryno lead them to the playoffs (so the pick given up might not be as valuable). And those things haven't happened at all. Giving up an all-time great defensive prospect and a second lottery pick for the PG version of Rudy Gay will be what AD directly references in the Decision 2019.

Why 2019? Did I miss something?

Pay me Alert

Hayward
Kanter
Kemba
Thompson
Kawhi
Vucevic
Shump
Faried
Rubio

These are third or fourth year players looking for an extension soon. It's early but what do you guys think the market value is right now for the above?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I need a new avatar. I can't handle this one anymore. It makes me sad.

Gonna change it to a Kerby one.

Edit: Ahh...better.

Top Bottom