• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Dec |OT| The Nets are the Knicks of Basketball

fertygo

This miami team defense is fucking absurd, they're seeking turnover like field goal miss, and they succeeded most of the tiime, wtf

Vahagn

Teams that win titles have superstars. Superstars are so good that you want to maximize their possessions regardless if the quality of shot is that good, therefore superstars often shoot midrange jumpers. Therefore teams that win titles often shoot midrange jumpers. Okay, fine. What does this have to do with other guys on the offense, an offense in general, or teams without a superstar (AKA, almost every team in the league)?

Lol what? As for other guys, that's about individual strengths! You want Pau shooting open 15 footers over open 3's. Same with Boozer or Bosh or West or lots of other guys who aren't good 3 point shooters but good pick and pop players from mid range.

If you're the warriors for example you want curry and klay shooting a bunch of 3's but you'd rather have David lee shoot a 15 footer than a 3.

My point is that championship teams, great offenses aren't just teams that AVOID shooting mid range shots; they are teams that are EXCEPTIONAL at shooting mid range shots because you need those against superb defenses

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Knicks should be going to the post nonstop. Our three guard set leaves Jack and Waiters strung out on Melo and Amare.

Alan Hahn @alanhahn about 17 minutes ago
Beginning to wonder what it would take for JR Smith to get nailed to the pine.
me too.
Chris Herring @HerringWSJ about 15 minutes ago
My biggest concern abt Woodson is NYK getting blown out consistently in 1Q and 3Q. Screams flawed gameplan & poor halftime adjustments.

I love that Anthony has come out passing again in this game, but it should just be him chucking with Prigs running PnR.

Top Bottom