• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Okay on the topic of how many fucks teams give about the long term health of their stars, I'm just going to have to raise the example of Chris Paul's meniscus injury.

From Bill Simmons.

More here.

The Hornets removed Chris Paul's meniscus. He has no meniscus in that knee anymore. They took it out because they were making a playoff push and the recovery time after removal was much faster than repairing it. This is likely to come back to haunt Paul down the line.

It already is. CP3 use to be way quicker than he is today.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I know this and I'm arguing that Russell is aware of that as well which is why he wouldn't come back 3 games into the season unless he felt like he was 100%.

Is that hard to imagine?

All players feel like they could play...ask RGIII, Roy, Love, Walton or almost anyone but Rose

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I know this and I'm arguing that Russell is aware of that as well which is why he wouldn't come back 3 games into the season unless he felt like he was 100%.

Is that hard to imagine?

Yes, because you are arguing against Westbrook's character and everything that we seen from him, not to mention the myriad of precedents set by athletes just like him.

Your entire argument hinges on a promise that is not part of the sport culture and completely antithetical to every precedent set.

Is that hard to imagine?
I guess Roy wasn't thinking about his future earnings.....

Is it hard to imagine that great athletes have come back too early despite being cleared by the doctors or whatever and re-injure themselves and sometimes ruin their careers?

There is not one positive for Westbrook to not continue his rehab(or even extend his rehab) further than 3 games into the season.

Is that hard to imagine?
Yes. He's 24. Not exactly the age of enlightenment.

Just look at his former college roommate, Love. Like we already talked about.

MVP didn't do that to you. You made a bet with him and it wasn't conditional on having your name changed. If you wanna break your word that's your call bro, but don't act like you're not welching.

I think getting my name changed to his is enough, if you're expecting me to care about not honoring an avatar bet on a video game forum you're going to be disappointed lol.

And I don't care what anonymous basketball enthusiast think about me either. I enjoy the discourse here and like to challenge opinions but am not kissing butt to make friends.

Healed from surgery =/= rehabbed from injury.

I imagine some of these guys have their pride/ego used against them, either by themselves or team reps.

I think getting my name changed to his is enough, if you're expecting me to care about not honoring an avatar bet on a video game forum you're going to be disappointed lol.

And I don't care what anonymous basketball enthusiast think about me either. I enjoy the discourse here and like to challenge opinions but am not kissing butt to make friends.

maaaaaan. Don't make the bet then and if it's not a big deal then properly take your L.

Yes, because you are arguing against Westbrook's character and everything that we seen from him, not to mention the myriad of precedents set by athletes just like him.

Your entire argument hinges on a promise that is not part of the sport culture and completely antithetical to every precedent set.
I don't think we know if he's being rushed back yet, that's why I said lets take a wait and see approach. You're not going to convince me you're right and vice versa, I guess we'll find out as the year(s) go on.

Forever

Banned

Aight. If that's the reputation you want. Guess we were raised differently.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I don't think we know if he's being rushed back yet, that's why I said lets take a wait and see approach. You're not going to convince me you're right and vice versa, I guess we'll find out as the year(s) go on.

That's the ONLY fact we know. His original timeline that was set after the surgery by the medical staff had his estimated return 20+ games into the season, aka December.

That is an indisputable FACT, and you are disputing it!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Doctors literally said it'd be months but he's playing in the first week of the season...

Forever

Banned
I'm fine being known as the guy who bailed out of an avatar bet two days early on a video game forum after getting his name changed. I think I'll be able to sleep at night.

Every thread needs a villain. Give me your hate.

No hate bruh. Just pity for a man who doesn't honor his word.

Nets game starting. Should be boring, unless we get Sixered.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It already is. CP3 use to be way quicker than he is today.

which is why give derrick rose credit he told the Bulls they were just going to have to wait for him to be ready..... and sign those max salary checks while doing it.

In hindsight derrick rose is smarter than most just for that fact

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Damn, wanted to get LPBB and stream it on my PS3, but it sounds like it's a horrible service with a lack of customer service support.

Forever

Banned
Vucevic is pretty good. The Magic definitely won the Dwight Howard trade.

LOL Blatche.

Pierce alley-oop to Lopez. Hnnnng.

Livingston welcoming Oladipo to the NBA.

Hey quit complaining and suck it up.

I still hate giri for my name.

Embrace it

image.php

Okay on the topic of how many fucks teams give about the long term health of their stars, I'm just going to have to raise the example of Chris Paul's meniscus injury.

From Bill Simmons.

More here.

The Hornets removed Chris Paul's meniscus. He has no meniscus in that knee anymore. They took it out because they were making a playoff push and the recovery time after removal was much faster than repairing it. This is likely to come back to haunt Paul down the line.

It's not like they stole Paul's meniscus without telling him. An ultra competitive guy like home would probably prefer that method. There was a real sports story on Chris just recently where he said he is probably going to retire a lot sooner than people think so he probably ain't too concerned with how his knee holds up in his mid- late 30s

giri

Hey quit complaining and suck it up.

I still hate giri for my name.

hate is a strong word, nori-chan

Wait, what?

I didn't get your name changed. That was Adam. I just ran with it.

You're always so mean to me Nori.

It's not like they stole Paul's meniscus without telling him. An ultra competitive guy like home would probably prefer that method. There was a real sports story on Chris just recently where he said he is probably going to retire a lot sooner than people think so he probably ain't too concerned with how his knee holds up in his mid- late 30s

It's basically because of that surgery though. If he plays too long, he literally won't be able to walk in his 40's. And as he said, he wants to be able to be there for his kids.

It's also why he regularly misses games during the regular season for long stretches, and why he NEEDS a competent back up PG.

Top Bottom