• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

KingGondo

Banned
#dumb

What could possibly go wrong?
Haha.

This is the same front office that rescinded a trade for Tyson Chandler because of his big toe and opted to have Russ miss the entire playoffs to undergo a more thorough, safer procedure.

They're not rushing him back. The last procedure wasn't to repair anything, just to remove a stitch that was inflaming the knee.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Haha.

This is the same front office that rescinded a trade for Tyson Chandler because of his big toe and opted to have Russ miss the entire playoffs to undergo a more thorough, safer procedure.

They're not rushing him back. The last procedure wasn't to repair anything, just to remove a stitch that was inflaming the knee.

That Tyson move was suave

I thought Westbrook had an ACL injury too.

TYtE2Gm.gif

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Haha.

Is that supposed to be an example of your front-office knowing wtf they're doing? Because last time I checked, Tyson won a ring and became All-NBA after that. Not to mention that this is the same FO that signed Perkins to a long-term contract after his ACL injury when it was evident to everyone with two eyes that the dude was done.

Oh and hey, let me tell you about all of those great stories where Brandon Roy came back early because the medical, training, coaching, and PR staff all thought he was ready to go.

This is dumb. Thunder (and YNB himself) are rushing him because they're looking lost out there on the court (because of FO fuck-ups, again). You're buying into the PR spin hook, line, and sinker. Trust me, I know how that goes from an insiders perspective.

Like I said, #dumb, but YNOT?

KingGondo

Banned
That Tyson move was suave
Still blows my mind that we traded Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox for Tyson Chandler.

Really dumb to rescind that trade in hindsight.

@reilo: My point about the Chandler trade is that the front office is typically cautious to a fault.

reilo

Bad toe? RESCIND RESCIND RESCIND!

Coming off an ACL injury and look 10 years older and have no discernible basketball skill to speak of? Why here, have a 4-year contract.

Thunder FO, ladies and gentleman.

reilo

@reilo: My point about the Chandler trade is that the front office is typically cautious to a fault.

Cautious about what? Saving the owner money? Yep.

Like Bill Simmons said in his Thunder preview: Number of teams that won a championship by being under the luxury tax? 0.

There's no reason at all to bring Russ back so soon. They'll make the playoffs with 60 games from Russ. Plus you can give the younger guys that they treasure so much some time to develop...Russ' determination may bite him. It'd really suck to see him aggravate his knee or worse.

Forever

Banned
Bad toe? RESCIND RESCIND RESCIND!

Coming off an ACL injury and look 10 years older and have no discernible basketball skill to speak of? Why here, have a 4-year contract.

Thunder FO, ladies and gentleman.

At this rate Seattle will have the last laugh.

Smokey

Houston needs to get their perimeter D in order. They hustle but their guys seem a two behind on rotations somehow. Too many open looks for the Jazz from the outside.

Having a lot of fun watching Indiana and Houston so far.

It will look better when bev comes back

Blackace

Technically Harden was drafted while in OKC, but they sure as hell managed to fuck that one up, too.
Just thought of Harden

But they traded their first Thunder player in his prime for Martin

So yeah

People rushing back from injury is the theme of the year so far...

That and the busted Sixers tank

Yep.
Didn't you claim the cavs were rushing Bynum back even though he plays 8 minutes a game and doesn't participate in back to backs?

Yeah...I don't think Westbrook is being rushed back. He's not stupid, if he wasn't ready to go he wouldn't play and risk millions of dollars.

And the Sixers have 79 games left to play.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
They decided that Derek Fisher was a more appropriate backup to YNB instead of Bledsoe and Maynor.
They needed some veteran leadership.

The return for Bledsoe was a first they threw in the Perkins trade. Fun with basketball reference.

reilo

Did someone really just say "I don't think they're rushing YNB back because he's not stupid"?

Legit lol.

please respond
He's going to be out for a couple of weeks so I've stashed in a few of my leagues. Harris will probably put up some big numbers on a bad Magic team, I'm expecting a 17/6/3 type line when he comes back.

Did someone really just say "I don't think they're rushing YNB back because he's not stupid"?

Legit lol.
I know this is hard for you but put some thought into your posting and provide legitimate counter-points instead of "did he just say dat LOL" type responses. It doesn't really help your argument that Westbrook is dumb when you act like that.

Team doctors cleared him. Westbrook and the organization aren't likely to risk further damage just to get him back the first week of the season, there's more than just wins and losses at stake here.

The Thunder were the 8th best regular season team in NBA history last year:

http://bkref.com/tiny/VIdUh

I don't think losing Kevin Martin is going to close their window.

It's going to be interesting to see how good Westbrook plays tonight. His healing factor/PED regimen is incredible so he might actually be okay already.

reilo

I know this is hard for you but put some thought into your posting and provide legitimate counter-points instead of "did he just say dat LOL" type responses. It doesn't really help your argument that Westbrook is dumb when you act like that.

Team doctors cleared him. Westbrook and the organization aren't likely to risk further damage just to get him back the first week of the season, there's more than just wins and losses at stake here.
I've heard all this shit before. All of it. From the inside, too.

It's nothing but reassurance to the fanbase. He's probably further along than his original timeline, but how many times has a player coming back from TWO knee surgeries in the same summer ever been a good thing?

giri

He's going to be out for a couple of weeks so I've stashed in a few of my leagues. Harris will probably put up some big numbers on a bad Magic team, I'm expecting a 17/6/3 type line when he comes back.

Soon as i hear this as someones defense i know it's not worth it.

Like the guys who defend assault rifles. The conversation isn't worth your time.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Meniscus ACL same thing right?

Proof of Rose's bitch-hood
You laugh, but they usually are the same injury. The ACL is attached to the medial meniscus, so when one tears one of them, he usually tears the other, as well (along with the MCL). This is known as the unhappy triad.

if Westbrook only tore his meniscus, then it was likely just a lateral tear.

The Thunder were the 8th best regular season team in NBA history last year:

http://bkref.com/tiny/VIdUh

I don't think losing Kevin Martin is going to close their window.

It's going to be interesting to see how good Westbrook plays tonight. His healing factor/PED regimen is incredible so he might actually be okay already.

Is SRS a reliable way of determining how good a team is in the regular season? What does it take into account except for strength of opponent?

Blackace

You laugh, but they usually are the same injury. The ACL is attached to the medial meniscus, so when one tears one of them, he usually tears the other, as well (along with the MCL). This is known as the unhappy triad.

if Westbrook only tore his meniscus, then it was likely just a lateral tear.

Exactly what it was

A lateral meniscus tear

Top Bottom