• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

giri

Griff looked alright last night on offense. Those baby arms are a problem though as is his FT and jumper.

His D was mostly mediocre.

Deandre tho? Straight ass. Looks completely lost on D and his offense is so sketchy.

Carwful returned to form. He'll put up 30 one game though and get 6moty talk.

Blakes post game looked better than it did last year. He was more fluid, more decisive down in the box. Making moves quicker before the team could react, but more under control.

His jumper looked worse. It was flat. Had no arc. Was just line drives.

His defense was bad.

DJ looked like his usual self. Reliant on his athleticism for defense and not solid fundamentals. Some of the laker drives to the basket should never have been that easy, no one rotated.

Pau looked good last night though. He looked like his old self again.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Glad that Miami schooled Chicago last night.

First of all fuck Steve Kerr, Second, perhaps the media will stop riding Chicagos dick like they have been; Third.... Cole World.

Bunch of preseason nonsense had the media damn near crowning Chicago, only to see them get their asses beat last night. Shameful shit.

Riding Chicago's dick? What media are you talking about? Everyone has essentially been saying that this is the Heat's title to lose.

I guess all he reads/watches is Grantland.

Is there really that much difference between Griffin and, say, David Lee? Other than the fact that Lee is a better rebounder? And yet nobody would consider a team with Lee as it's 2nd best player a true contender. The Clippers are probably better than we saw last night, and in the grand scheme of things better than the lakers, but much like Blake they are frauds. You can't win a title with a front court that plays no D and is dumb as rocks. You can't win a title with DeAndre Jordan as perhaps your third best player. This team will he fighting for that 4/5 spot all season long and could be one and done and it wouldn't surprise anyone.

Funny you should mention Lee. 3rd team All-NBA. Joke of an award, but it doesn't mean Blake's a "bust" if his comp is also on that list.

A guy like 2011 Tyson Chandler can solve your front court issues if you're stuck with Lee/Griffin.

And we already know what David Lee is. Blake is in his 4th season.

Ray, Pablo, Iman, Carmelo and Tyson will start tonight. Kenyon will be the first big off the bench. Amar'e is 'on standby.' #Knicks
So same lineup that finished last year...
Tina Cervasio @TinaCervasio about 11 minutes ago
Woodson says starters are based on matchups. MIL is going small. Metta, Bargnani, Beno, Hardaway Jr. On rotation off bench. #Knicks #NYMade
Seems like at least for the first month of the year this is going to be a pattern.

Forever

Banned
15 minutes til tipoff CavsGAF!

Bring out all the Bynums you want. Y'all ain't ready for this.

BX2ca_OCYAAZh_L.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
lol. I'd love to have an 18/8/4 "bust"

He's probably not Second team All-NBA, but he's still a damn good basketball player.

Not a bust but number 1 picks are judged differently...

And his 18 points aren't a dominate 18 points.

It was like the difference between Kemp and Baker...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
"Sore knee"

He just doesn't want to risk injury against a team we could beat with Michael Beasley playing every position.

Uh... pretty sure his knee is sore.

I doubt many players think of games as gimmie games...

MVP

Banned
BUT MVP SAID

But MVP says it has almost gotten to the point where the Heat are as good as they are IN SPITE of Wade, not because of him. Yeah I said it. Heat are deep enough to be the #1 seed if Wade sits until the playoffs.

MVP

Banned
Theoretically, how likely is it that Miami wins ALL of their games from now until playoffs? It's a pipe dream but it'd be a hell of a thing to have for eternal bragging rights.

Less than .0001%

The problem is that the longer they go without losing, the harder it would be to stay motivated, especially early in the season. Better to lose some sleeper game early and go for 73-9

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Men whenever the Heat go down it will be glorious. Almost as good as Detroit getting swept or Lakers losing to Detroit in 04.

Top Bottom