• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Pimpwerx

Local radio hosts put it well today. The Heat gave Rose the Lin treatment last night. He had a bad night and looked a lot like he did in the 2011 ECF. PEACE.

So after watching the preseason and last night's game, I am more inclined to lean towards IWMTB's prediction now.

The Clips will make the playoffs but will be a low seed as no one on the Clips can play a lick of D and Doc can only do so much with disinterested players.

It's time to blow it up. Trade Bust Griffin for picks this year before it's too late and people figure out that he's more interested in media endorsements than in bettering his game.

His dino arms don't help as well.

Dumbandre is still dumb and this CP3 is not the 2008 beast.

Sigh.

Emwitus

So after watching the preseason and last night's game, I am more inclined to lean towards IWMTB's prediction now.

The Clips will make the playoffs but will be a low seed as no one on the Clips can play a lick of D and Doc can only do so much with disinterested players.

It's time to blow it up. Trade Bust Griffin for picks this year before it's too late and people figure out that he's more interested in media endorsements than in bettering his game.

Sigh.

Now this? Is an over reaction.

Mxrz

Sigh.

All they need to do is trade Griffin while his stock is high.

Sigh.

lol. I'd love to have an 18/8/4 "bust"

He's probably not Second team All-NBA, but he's still a damn good basketball player.

Nori Chan

Sigh.
its okay dr blade

lol

Sigh.
If it helps, your avatar is good

Local radio hosts put it well today. The Heat gave Rose the Lin treatment last night. He had a bad night and looked a lot like he did in the 2011 ECF. PEACE.

Agreed

The heat have his chain, that's just a fact.

Not saying Rose isn't good or anything, he's clearly a beast, but I'm starting to wonder how much of the Bulls' success is basically just Thibs. They are a better team with Rose, but the team seems to operate the same way with or without him.

Emwitus

LL

Sigh.
new coach new system.
they are in the awkward adjustment phase. they'll be fine.

kobe didn't look too happy walking to the locker room after the game.

Forever

Banned
Funniest thing I've read since the Lakers-Clippers box score.

Not many pundits believe the New York Knicks can win the NBA title this season.

But team owner and Madison Square Garden executive chairman James Dolan expects them to do so.

In a recent meeting with the coaching staff and some team executives, Dolan said he believes the Knicks have enough talent to win a title and that he expects them to do so this season, league sources with knowledge of the owner's message during the meeting confirmed.

"He told them he believes they have enough talent to win it all," one source said, "and he expects it to happen this year."

That's why, according to sources, Dolan's expectations left some staffers in the meeting with an uneasy feeling.

"A few people were a bit surprised, taken aback. But he's the owner. He has a right to expect it," one source said.
Chris Smith and Andrea Bargnani gon get rings.

new coach new system.

Clips are Knicks west.

They'll blow teams out in the regular season but won't win a meaningful playoff series.

And Doc is overrated. It was clear that Thibs was responsible for the defensive DNA that got them their chip, but I at least thought Docs motivational abilities were at least half as important to the teams success, but fast forward a few years and he couldn't stop his team from imploding off the court. He couldn't even get Ainge to make meaningful decisions based on the amount of trade leaks that were going around.

Then before the season even starts he just barely manages to keep Sterling from hitting him with a trap card.

Forever

Banned
This was awkward.

Letterman: “The Knicks are the equivalent of the Yankees.”
Barkley: “…No.”
Letterman: “But this is a big big basketball town!”
Barkley: “And if you want to see really good basketball, drive over to Brooklyn.”
Letterman: “…Well…Alright…”

exarkun

new coach new system.

kobe didn't look too happy walking to the locker room after the game.

Cause he knows this means when he comes back and starts staring at dudes til they give him the ball, or leaking shit to the media about their moms/wives/gfs/sisters to get them to lose focus so he can ball hog, its gonna be look bad for the first time in a while.

@Dy, hey b, we gonna get in dat ass tonight. We beat the spurs in preason like that shit was easy.

Clips are Knicks west.

They'll blow teams out in the regular season but won't win a meaningful playoff series.

And Doc is overrated. It was clear that Thibs was responsible for the defensive DNA that got them their chip, but I at least thought Docs motivational abilities were at least half as important to the teams success, but fast forward a few years and he couldn't stop his team from imploding off the court. He couldn't even get Ainge to make meaningful decisions based on the amount of trade leaks that were going around.

Then before the season even starts he just barely manages to keep Sterling from hitting him with a trap card.

Dude shut the fuck up with your over analysis. It's one fucking game. This ain't football.

lol. I'd love to have an 18/8/4 "bust"

He's probably not Second team All-NBA, but he's still a damn good basketball player.

Is there really that much difference between Griffin and, say, David Lee? Other than the fact that Lee is a better rebounder? And yet nobody would consider a team with Lee as it's 2nd best player a true contender. The Clippers are probably better than we saw last night, and in the grand scheme of things better than the lakers, but much like Blake they are frauds. You can't win a title with a front court that plays no D and is dumb as rocks. You can't win a title with DeAndre Jordan as perhaps your third best player. This team will he fighting for that 4/5 spot all season long and could be one and done and it wouldn't surprise anyone.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
It's mad early in the season (it can't get earlier than this, actually), but Clippers fans should be worried that Griffin hasn't made any progress. He's in his 4th year in the league (5th, had he not missed a whole season) and he's turning 25 this season. He's seemingly leveled out, or worse, regressed.

I don't know, maybe that's just the perception and/or narrative, but for a three-time All-Star? He's not really the best PF in the league.

Fox318

It's mad early in the season (it can't get earlier than this, actually), but Clippers fans should be worried that Griffin hasn't made any progress. He's in his 4th year in the league (5th, had he not missed a whole season) and he's turning 25 this season. He's seemingly leveled out, or worse, regressed.

I don't know, maybe that's just the perception and/or narrative, but for a three-time All-Star? He's not really the best PF in the league.

He is gonna be part of a trade that brings Kevin Love to the clippers.

Is there really that much difference between Griffin and, say, David Lee? Other than the fact that Lee is a better rebounder? And yet nobody would consider a team with Lee as it's 2nd best player a true contender. The Clippers are probably better than we saw last night, and in the grand scheme of things better than the lakers, but much like Blake they are frauds. You can't win a title with a front court that plays no D and is dumb as rocks. You can't win a title with DeAndre Jordan as perhaps your third best player. This team will he fighting for that 4/5 spot all season long and could be one and done and it wouldn't surprise anyone.

Warriors rebound better when Lee's off the court. http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9363701/an-offseason-plan-golden-state-warriors#footnote7

If I was a Clippers fan, I'd be fine with Griffin. It would be nice if he improves more, but that's not their biggest issue. Their biggest issue if DAJ and their backup bigs, in general. You can't really play DAJ in the 4th and there's no one behind him to use.

As bad as Odom was on offense last year, he could still theoretically make FTs, didn't clog the lane, and plays solid man defense. Now their backup option is Ryan Lollins.

Cheddahz

Banned

He's overhyped and is basically an average PF

Radec

Hey, what's with the Iverson special by NBA Facebook and Youtube today?

Are they retiring his jersey to the sixers?

Forever

Banned
Proky just dropped $50 million on a new training facility in Brooklyn overlooking New York Harbor.

The Knicks practice in Westcester county.

Top Bottom