• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-14 NBA Oct-Nov Season |OT| They can't hide the championship banners Forever

Neither can Kyrie Irving.

What does Kyrie have to do with Steph Curry's defense?

And Byron Scott didn't give a shit about defense, if you've watched Irving under Mike Brown during the preseason and first game you'd realize that he's much better on that end already. It's a small sample size but you don't really know what you're talking about.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I wish we had JR to take that lost shot. I knew it would go to Melo and I knew he'd miss it.

I wish coaches had more balls and not always give it to the star.

Then who does Curry guard? Klay isn't good defensively either so sliding him to the 3 and Steph to the 2 defensively isn't good. Iggy hasn't checked the opposing teams PG yet as a Warrior, the match ups don't allow for it.
Klay isn't great at defense but he is much better than Steph and isn't a liability on defense.

Steph isn't even that bad on defense most nights, he's improved throughout the season last year.

He's just trying to guard CP fucking 3

u0iLHcm.png

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Then who does Curry guard? Klay isn't good defensively either so sliding him to the 3 and Steph to the 2 defensively isn't good. Iggy hasn't checked the opposing teams PG yet as a Warrior, the match ups don't allow for it.

He can shadow Redick (tough assignment, but easier than CP3) when both him and CP3 are in.

Edgeward

Great 1st quarter, still sloppy with the ball but at least they are getting tons of points

HOLY SHIT HE MADE IT! too bad it doesn't count

Klay isn't great at defense but he is much better than Klay or is a liability on defense?

u0iLHcm.png

Except Klay actually is good defensively.

Klay isn't great but he isn't a liability out there. For sure he was their go-to perimeter defender last year but they were pretty meh defensively as a team (19th op PPG, 14th defensive eff). Some of that has to do with Bogut being injured but I just don't see KT as an elite perimeter defender like Iggy.

WoJ constant statements in his articles about Hayward's scoring being limited by the Jazz's PG situation is pretty confusing considering that Tinsley was the PG last year (and Hayward's numbers were the best with him at PG over anyone else) and considering that Burke will be back in a couple of weeks. That article also felt kind of morbid.

Klay isn't great but he isn't a liability out there. For sure he was their go-to perimeter defender last year but they were pretty meh defensively as a team (19th op PPG, 14th defensive eff). Some of that has to do with Bogut being injured but I just don't see KT as an elite perimeter defender like Iggy.
read my edited post.

and you're forgetting that David Lee is one of the worst defensive players in the league and that's much more important than their mediocre perimeter defense.

giri

Klay hasn't got the athleticism to react with the attacker. So whilst he has good instincts, and is fairly disciplined, and he does actually put in the effort, they can only take him so far.

Top Bottom