• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013-2014 NCAA Men's Basketball |OT|

Silkworm

Yes! UF sweeps UT home and away! Woo! What a game that was. Wilbekin was clutch down the stretch and wow at that dive for an offensive rebound by Patric Young when UF got 3 (or was it 4?) offensive rebounds in a row to basically clinch the game. Exciting times for UF basketball fans, indeed (last several years have been very fun as well, but this year could be even more special).

Silkworm

are there even any Michigan fans in here

Though Michigan bounced UF out of last year's NCAA tournament, I will root wholeheartedly for Michigan to beat OSU as I hate OSU more than Michigan ;-) At least Michigan closed on OSU's lead before the half. Michigan has just got to keep it up in the 2nd half and get the lead.

Silkworm

no, I mean actual Michigan fans, not "I root for Michigan against OSU because I hate them more"
Oh, oops! Like the other poster said they show up in the CFB thread but not so much here which is a shame since Michigan has a good team (even without Mitch McGary) :-\

Silkworm

They need to drop one before the tourney. The pressure will mount too much if they stay undefeated into it

I guess they could lose to Missouri State as that's the only team left on their schedule that currently has a winning record so it wouldn't drop them as much as losing to one of the other teams. Sheesh, and I thought the SEC was bad (and they are -- thank-goodness that Gators scheduled a good out of conference schedule -- but the Missouri Valley Conference looks even worse).

inm8num2

loooooool, i hate this team

580671622.jpg

everyone else in the b10 officially playing for 3rd imo.

Plenty of time for further chaos, but you're probably right.

This definitely that Feb 23rd game in
That Bitch,
Ann Arbor even more juice. Michigan State could theoretically be at full strength again by that point.

are you being serious? this team went to the final 4 last year.

It's a whole lot easier when no one expects anything of you and you consider just getting to the dance to be a great season and every win after is just a bonus.

When they go to the tourney this year, they will have a target on their back and bunch of new Wichita States will be gunning for them looking for their chance to shine.

(For the record, I don't think they lose in the first round, but I also don't think they get past the S16)

It's a whole lot easier when no one expects anything of you and you consider just getting to the dance to be a great season and every win after is just a bonus.

When they go to the tourney this year, they will have a target on their back and bunch of new Wichita States will be gunning for them looking for their chance to shine.

(For the record, I don't think they lose in the first round, but I also don't think they get past the S16)

This team hung bucket for bucket with Louisville last year, and got daggered by Luke "Pretty good for the Y" Hancock who's never replicated those two games .

I think people are conflating them with Gonzaga.

They're not Gonzaga. Not by a long shot.

This team hung bucket for bucket with Louisville last year, and got daggered by Luke "Pretty good for the Y" Hancock who's never replicated those two games .

I think people are conflating them with Gonzaga.

They're not Gonzaga. Not by a long shot.

Last year was last year, it doesnt mean shit this year.

Silkworm

Ticky tack foul called on San Diego St. Wyoming giving away the game

Congrats to Wyoming on beating SDSU (good bounce back after losing two previously very close games) and for former Gator assistant coach and now Wyoming coach Larry Shyatt on the year he's having at Wyoming (Wyoming has already won more conference games than all of last year). Shyatt was a great assistant coach (especially on defense) at UF and I'm glad he's having success at Wyoming.

Well that was definitely a flagrant 1, maybe 2, by the UNC player ;-)

When I first saw it, I was outraged that the UNC dude was throwing bows, but after thinking about it a bit, the Duke guy probably deserved it.

We all know how annoying it is when you're trying to get a low-intensity "just for fun" run in, and the guy guarding you is guarding you like it's the Final Four. Besides that's enemy territory. He shouldn't been sticking his face in there unless he was willing to get it rearranged.

Talon

When I first saw it, I was outraged that the UNC dude was throwing bows, but after thinking about it a bit, the Duke guy probably deserved it.

We all know how annoying it is when you're trying to get a low-intensity "just for fun" run in, and the guy guarding you is guarding you like it's the Final Four. Besides that's enemy territory. He shouldn't been sticking his face in there unless he was willing to get it rearranged.
Straight-up ranking of most annoying pick-up players.

1. The intensity guy. - "Imma yell like KG after a rebound bounces and falls into my arms."
2. Mr. Coach - "SCREEN LEFT, SCREEN LEFT, GO UNDER, GO UNDER, HE CAN'T SHOOT!"
3. Short Asian Bro (I can say this because I'm Korean) - High intensity on D like fuckin' Jackie Chan but won't stop shooting NBA treys because reasons.

Top Bottom